Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • KONAHASH UP!!!! What do you think
  • boldermansam
    Free Member

What a load of rubbish!!!! Was so excited about what the day would bring, was going to be so good to get out on my new bike! But alas I thought it was a complete waste of £35.00, time, petrol, room for the night and bridge crossing!! me and my mate opted to do the enduro as we thought it would mean more time on the bikes. We never got times on the last leg as it shut at 1 not that anyone told us at sign in! and throughout the whole day only saw one marshal at the start of 5th timed section and not at the end where the stage was marked to finish! (how does that work??). To be honest feel like i was mugged for my hard earned cash!!! I have been racing the Avalanche series for the last 2 years and they are amazing and so well organized by Olivia and her team. I'll never do the mash up again!!
    Would just be interested in what everyone else thought
    Thanks

s8tannorm
    Free Member

I did the first one then never bothered again.

It felt like the organisers didn't give it the time / input needed (IMO) … perhaps too busy with the TransWales. It's a shame though as I think the whole format could be just what the UK needs.

The Avalanche at kielder proves that it can be done and made to work right.

SpeedyG
    Free Member

You know that little bag you got at the start with your number? Did you check out the white A4 sheet with the rules and regs. – clearly stated that timing for the enduro finished at 1pm and the technical at 4. I took the lazy technical option, never done any competition before but I had a great time, had a couple of goes on the black run, just as well as I'd screwed up my first run! At least this way the format gives you a 2nd chance. £30 quid sounds a bit steep and I'm no organizer but I'd guess they've got just under £11,000 for the entries out of which they have to pay for all the race timing, staff to run it, marshalls (perhaps not enough of them),advertising etc. Interesting to hear from anyone who does organize this sort of thing as to what the costs are?

nickegg
    Free Member

What a surprise!!!…..i did the first two races but after the summers f-up (where we waited a week for the results to be posted) i decided my £30 would be better spent elsewhere.

I presume that they brought forward the Enduro finish to 1pm in order to correlate the times for the after race party/prize giving? It certainly wasn't 1pm for the races i did.

This is without a doubt a great concept but very poorly organised in this case. As above, the Avalanche series proves it works.

What a shame.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘KONAHASH UP!!!! What do you think’ is closed to new replies.