Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Koga Miyata Globe Traveller
  • paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve recently inherited my late father’s Koga Miyata Globe Traveller. He’d used it for a few years, on trips to France with his mate and as with enverything he owned it was fastidiuosly looked after and maintained and as such it is pretty much in showroom condition.

I live in the Lakes and as such most of my riding has been on my Tallboy LTc. I have more recently taken to road riding and have a place on the forthcoming Fred Whitton sportive. I’m enjoying the road, perhaps a little more than i should admit, but with the pressures of a young family I do not see me using the Koga at all.

Ironically, the Koga probably means a lot more to me that it did to my father, but I’m having to consider selling it on to free up some cash/garage space.

Does anyone have experience of the Koga Globe Traveller – should I keep it for sentimental reasons or for some far in the future adventure (its got more panier bags withit than i can count). The money from a sale would go someway to a new Di2 groupset that I’m quite tempted by at the moment.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Unless you are desperate for he cash, keep it.

It is a lovely bike and one that will last forever esp if its got a rohloff. Maybe in 20 years your riding will change and your old mans bike will be the perfect ride to use.

Retrodirect
    Free Member

Keep it, if it’s sentimental then keep it. KEEP IT!

..or sell it to me for a paltry sum.

paulevans
    Free Member

Retrodirect – i have no idea what a paltry sum would be in this situation. Give me a clue!

Olly
    Free Member

Keep it. You WILL regret it if you get rid, especially if its just space and a new plastic toy you after.

If it was me, i would find a wall in the house and mount it (but still be able to get it down to ride it in nice weather, like a classic car)

bencooper
    Free Member

I used to be a Koga dealer – they’re fantastically well made, perhaps a little heavy and over-equipped, but it’s one of the few bikes you could by, weak out of the shop,and be confident it’d take you to Beijing.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Koga Miyata Globe Traveller’ is closed to new replies.