Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kinematic Coyote FSt Bike Check and Quiz!
  • stwhannah

Phil Thomas is working on prototypes for his Coyote FSt – Full Suspension trail – bike. As part of the process, he’s developed a bunch of suspension p …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

Kinematic Coyote FSt Bike Check and Quiz!

oldnick

That’s a lot of suspension chat from someone who has made a single pivot frame.

alanclarke

Wot, no bottle cage?

joebristol

All those sketches and then a simple single pivot?

Drivebelt might work in dry California – but will it work in UK slop if it’s not fully enclosed? When you think about how many times your front chainring / pivot get almost hidden behind mud / leaves / bits of stick etc and the chain just keeps on going – how will a belt go if some of that gets under the teeth?

Speeder

This is good because it frees me up to focus on something that I am amongst the best in the world at which is engineering design.

there were a number of tolerance issues on the prototype causing things to crash into each other.

Humble guy.

I agree on the pinion and the seat angle but head angle doesn’t effect climbing anywhere near as much as it does descending so I’m not sure I’d be buying one of these.  I can’t see there being many people that would prioritise uphill performance over the fun stuff. Even if it were true.

oceandweller

Speeder wrote “I can’t see there being many people that would prioritise uphill performance over the fun stuff. Even if it were true.”

Ha! There speaks someone who relies on uplift. If you’re riding cross country, & pedalling up the hills yourself, uphill speed is *everything*. Because of the way averages work, shaving 10% off the (fast) downhill sugments makes no difference, but shaving 10% off the (slow) uphill segments is literally a lifesaver (by which I mean, you get to the pub before closing).

If this bike ever appears on the market here I’d definitely be interested. Though I think if he really wants it to be the “last bike you ever buy” he should build it in titanium, not aluminium.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.