Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 662 total)
  • Ken Livingstone steps in to calm antisemitism row in the Labour Party.
  • wwaswas

The Hitler in the bunker finds out what Ken Livingstone said video is out.

I won’t link because it’s very, very sweary and I’d get the ban hammer but worth looking out.

robdixon
    Free Member

surely the:

Those making the charges now, did not see fit to bring them up at the time, under previous Labour leaders, but are using them now, just before mayoral and local elections, when they believe they can inflict most damage on the Labour Party led by Jeremy Corbyn.

..misses the point that the twatter / facebook post from the MP was made before she was an MP, so it’s unlikely anyone would have had cause to raise it then?

Stoner
    Free Member

The Hitler in the bunker finds out what Ken Livingstone said video is out.

tiz funny 🙂

D0NK

you’re basically arguing that you can’t say stuff that’s true because stupid people don’t know it’s true and won’t bother to find out. Hmmm….

he kind of has a point tho. Saying ill advised things and then responding to the backlash with “well educate yourselves you ignorant gits” isn’t going to win you any popularity contests.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

anti-semitic and racist are the easiest lazy slurs to quash a lot of debate- people even use the latter successfully when referring to nations too! How many of those objecting to one form of mis-use happily misuse the other – the Bojo-Obama nonsense being a good recent example

What a bloody shambles our two leading political parties are at the moment

I guess we get the politicians we deserve – good job no one wants them to be running more of the economy

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

tiz funny

Charmin.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

tried googling hitler bunker ken livingstone video but no joy

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

It seems to me his only crime is not knowing when to keep his mouth shut.

Ken’s arsehole gland has a tendency to flare up at inopportune moments

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

tried googling hitler bunker ken livingstone video but no joy

Not sure if this is it….nice thumbnail, tho.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHo0ytx7GTA[/video]

outofbreath
    Free Member

Anyone relying on a little known fact when introducing Hitler to an argument on anti-semitism and expecting everyone to scurry off to wkipedia to validate the statement is naive and, maybe, only stupid peiople would expect it to happen?

True, but depressing.

I think if he’d been writing rather than talking off the cuff Ken would have slipped the word “inadvertantly” in. ie “inadvertantly supporting Zionism”. Rather than ” supporting Zionism”.

Much as I hate these witch hunts the Downfall meme on this is superb.

slackalice
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    The whole anti-Semitism nonsense is just another attempt by the blairites to bash Corbs, as the Torys wreck the NHS, you’d think they should be focusing on that

More likely the Tories whipping up their media buddies to find some smoke screen to distract Labour, leaving the majority government to run riot and do what the **** they like, with whatever they fancy. It is back stabbing self promoting politics after all…

They’re becoming quite effective at it too.

5thElefant
    Free Member

More likely the Tories whipping up their media buddies

😆

You might want to watch John Mann’s confrontation with Ken and round 2 on the Daily Politics. John did a long interview on the growing antisemitism in labour not long ago too.

I guess he’s one of these tories the labour party is infested with.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Mann sounded like a total cock to me. Genuinely angry over a obviously deliberate misunderstanding of ‘supporting’ in the context.

Believing his own straw man.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

More likely the Tories whipping up their media buddies to find some smoke screen to distract Labour, leaving the majority government to run riot and do what the **** they like, with whatever they fancy. It is back stabbing self promoting politics after all…

You credit the Tories with extraordinary powers

They’re becoming quite effective at it too.

Really, looks like they have created thier own cluster f@ck on Euorpe too

5thElefant
    Free Member

Mann sounded like a total cock to me.

I agree. He seemed ott in his previous labour is full of antisemites rants too.

This isn’t a tory smear campaign. This is labour self destructing all by itself.

kimbers

Yup it’s the blairites being absolute dicks imho

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Can’t see why Ken has been suspended. Ok, he has been provocative, perhaps deliberately so, and he has demonstrated a unique interpretation of historical facts, but apart from saying something stupid (nothing unique about that in politics) what exactly has he done wrong? Has he been specifically anti-semetic? If so, I have missed that.

Seems like politics swayed by a baying mob…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As often in cases like this, one has to look at who’s doing the baying and who has most to gain from any stains left after the mud has been slung.

MoreCashThanDash

He appeared to be supporting/excusing an MP who had posted something that was anti-Semitic, rather than condemning the post, which even the MP has done now with hindsight.

I don’t think what she posted could be considered to be anything but anti-Semitic. If a wannabe politician had suggested that following the Bradford riots all the British Asians should be “transported” to another country as a “solution”, they would have been branded racist, even without the additional Holocaust references in this case.

And this is only the latest incident of alleged anti-Semitism in the Labour party. Just when the Tories are **** over the country, the Opposition is **** over itself. None of them worthy of a sane person’s vote imo.

wwaswas

Interesting article about Hitler, zionism and how Ken was factually wrong.

http://capx.co/ken-livingstone-gets-the-history-wrong-on-anti-semitism-and-hitler/

cranberry
    Free Member

More likely the Tories whipping up their media buddies to find some smoke screen to distract Labour,

As often in cases like this, one has to look at who’s doing the baying and who has most to gain from any stains left after the mud has been slung.

Or you could look at which party has members tweeting the following, and ask uncomfortable questions *much* closer to home:

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

He appeared to be supporting/excusing an MP who had posted something that was anti-Semitic

True and made a tit of himself in the process – but since when has that been a reason for suspension.

Perhaps he has shown how powerful lazy slurs can be…may be even deliberately demonstrating the fact.

outofbreath
    Free Member

nteresting article about Hitler, zionism and how Ken was factually wrong.

Wasn’t *far* wrong was it? They wanted to deport Jews, it’s not much of a stretch to think many might go to Israel. Certainly Politicians have got their facts more wrong than that and not been kicked out of the party.

Northwind

cranberry – Member

Or you could look at which party has members tweeting the following

FWIW, Aysegul Gurbuz denies making those tweets. Easy excuse but if you use social media, you know this happens, and when it does, it tends to be fairly ridiculous OTT stuff like this that gets posted.

But in any case, she’s suspended while under investigation, which obviously is proof that Labour are soft on antisemitism. Or something.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Miss Gurbuz denied she had written the tweets and claimed her sister may have posted them, the Mail on Sunday reported.

Hmmmmmmm.

allthepies
    Free Member

And look how that turned out.

Labour are better off without Ken IMO, an accident waiting to happen.

cranberry
    Free Member

Does she deny writing the tweets like Naz Shah ”Made remarks that she doesn’t agree with” ??

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

So it’s the politics of convenience? Look he’s a PITA and a bit of a dinosaur (isn’t that a requirement) so lets use the anti-Semite card to nail him once and for all – seems to be Khans strategy judging from C4 news clip

outofbreath
    Free Member

Labour are better off without Ken IMO

Agree, but pretending he’s a racist isn’t a fair way to achieve that.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Labour are better off without Ken IMO, an accident waiting to happen.

No, no, no… Ken is a national treasure like Phil the Greek and Boris.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Or you could look at which party has members tweeting the following, and ask uncomfortable questions *much* closer to home:

As often in these cases…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, no, no… Ken is a national treasure like Phil the Greek and Boris.

Well, if he’s a racist, he’s in good company.

Northwind

cranberry – Member

Does she deny writing the tweets like Naz Shah “Made remarks that she doesn’t agree with” ??

What a strange comment. No, she denies it like a person denying a thing they’ve been accused of. Accusations don’t make facts, that’s not how it works in this country.

The investigation might find more of course, which is why you have an investigation. Though apparently having an investigation proves you have a problem, which is a bit of a tricky catch 22 really.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Anyone done this yet?

Who knows how such a medal came about?

allthepies
    Free Member

Funnily enough, just you.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Though doubtless many would shy away from such artifacts which help to document history, it’s highly relevant to Ken Livingstone’s comments…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Who knows how such a medal came about?

Oooooooooh, I’ll guess! You know how such a medal came about.

What do I win?

Edukator
    Free Member

“A Nazi goes (drives) to palestine and tells about it in attack.”

No idea how it came about or why Raz and Ken are getting so much flak for speaking out against Israeli attrocities against their neighbours and the inhabitants of the lands they occupy despite UN resolutions.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Because its racist to insult Israel as when you do you are attacking all Jews everywhere….Send him back for conditioning someone .

Its an attempt to label all criticism as racist – Mugabe does the same when anyone [white] criticises him and calls anyone Black who does it an Uncle Tom. Its far better to make the attackers defend their own character than defend the countries hence the lazy attacks.

What do I win?

sadly for you, the internet and all of us a **** REPLY 🙄

mefty
    Free Member

Its an attempt to label all criticism as racist – Mugabe does the same when anyone [white] criticises him and calls anyone Black who does it an Uncle Tom. Its far better to make the attackers defend their own character than defend the countries hence the lazy attacks.

Oh look, the hypocrite has returned – one of the best examples you will ever see.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 662 total)

The topic ‘Ken Livingstone steps in to calm antisemitism row in the Labour Party.’ is closed to new replies.