Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Just watched a stunning
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

film.

Melancholia. What would YOU do if you knew the world was about to end.

Accept or pretend?

bobbyg81
    Free Member

I would accept it, get as many friends and family together as possible and we would all eat, drink and have the tunes turned up!

Film looks good BTW!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Watch it and then think about whether your idea is accepetance, or pretence…

loum
    Free Member

Is it a dvd release yet? or just cinema so far?

avdave2

I know nothing about this (no bar to posting on here) but reading your post has taken me back over 30 years to reading On the Beach at school.

mefty
    Free Member

On the Beach

A fine film was made of this. Well worth a watch. Fine book too.

boxelder

Reading On the Beach, I assumed it was written in the 80’s, not the 50’s. Great book. Similar feelings/thoughts stirred by ‘The Road’

chewkw
    Free Member

Mr Woppit – Member

film.

Melancholia. What would YOU do if you knew the world was about to end.

Accept or pretend?

Spend time with my family.

Let go of all brain clutter.

manitou
    Free Member

Kirsten Dunst.. I like

grievoustim
    Free Member

Melancholia isn’t really about the end of the world though, well it is sort of, but it’s mainly about depression.

I loved it – but watching from the front row with the shaky hand held camera made me sea sick

samuri
    Free Member

I’d go into work early and get those little jobs that needed finishing done. It’s not like I can put them off till next week is it?

brakes
    Free Member

I think I’d either just want to carry on as normal, in ignorance.
    or just be on my own somewhere, maybe on a bike ride in the hills, away from everyone.
    everyone says they’d want to be around the ones they love, but I don’t think I would.
    what I would do in reality is probably entirely different and would depend on what my family and friends wanted to do.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

grievoustim – Member

Melancholia isn’t really about the end of the world though, well it is sort of, but it’s mainly about depression.

I loved it – but watching from the front row with the shaky hand held camera made me sea sick

Yes, it can certainly be watched as a metaphor. The view from that side of the mood that all those attempts at jollity were just hysterical defences against the awful truth of it, and so on. I especially liked the idea that, at the end, the one with the downbeat attitude proved truest and most able to cope.

On the literal side, I liked the idea of an “end of the world” catastrophe movie focusing down on a very small group of people and their experience, rather than the usual Hollywood masses of people running about and screaming whilst the city gets blown up, or whatever. Made it much more intense, and quite profound.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Shout “I TOLD YOU SO!”

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Just watched a stunning’ is closed to new replies.