Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Just broke my T129 frame , What next ?????
  • blastit
    Free Member

Just broke disc side chain stay just above disc mount. Spent 4 days in lakes ,did Nan Beild etc and 3 days in peaks doing Jacobs Ladder up failed on last day. Having a snack by Ladybower lake and noticed it was not joined any more. 2nd hand frame so no warranty but it was cheapish frame purchase so not too worried.
    Really like it , I felt it rode better than my Trance 29er. Which I have now swopped all bits back on to .

Now excited about new 2nd hand frame/bike :D.
    So what’s out there , I would like
    29er
    slackish
    room for bottle (I don’t wear a back pack)
    full sus
    medium size
    longish TT
    different ?!?
    Not too ££££

couple of years old is fine .

SirHC

Try contacting Whyte to see if you can get hold of another chainstay?

This might be helpful: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/moon-on-a-stick-slackish-120mm-travel-full-sus-29er

somouk
    Free Member

You must have been hammering it to break one of those, I’m a heavy rider and have never worried about it!

It will be worth giving Whyte a call to see if they will help out with a rear end.

roverpig

In true, recommend what you own, STW style, I’d say a Transition Smuggler. To be fair it does tick pretty much all of your boxes. Although I don’t know how different it is. There are lots of long, low, slack, short-travel 29ers out there now. Probably because they work pretty well 🙂

scc999

Had a mate who broke a chainstay on his T129. He was the second owner but Whyte still replaced the triangle under warranty – worth calling them?

Si

z1ppy

Orange Segment mk1 or gyro with a slackset?
    Banshee Phantom, might not be that cheap
    Pyga OneTen’s are coming thru as bargains
    Salsa horsethief

Unfortunately my choice & the bike I own doesn’t fit the “not££££”, but it still bloody brilliant 🙂

dahedd
    Free Member

If it’s just a frame your needing for a 29er then there’s an advert for Bike Scene, Guisborough in the new MBR. They have a Specialized frame clearance sale on. £650 for a 2015 Stumpjumper Comp Evo frame. I have the full bike and cannot praise it highly enough.

Edit. Checking it their website & they have 2014 & 2015 frames for sale. Stumpjumpers & Cambers.

http://www.bikescene.co.uk/SPECIALIZEDCLEARANCEFRAMES-92.html

mrlugz
    Free Member

Very worthwhle contacting Whyte/Local dealer.

My M109 did exactly the same thing, out of warranty, they replaced the chainstay.

I do know that the early versions, while not being prone to it, did snap there. Later versions have a fillet weld running up the chainstay from the brake mount. This is the case for the M109, may be worth checking for yours.

blastit
    Free Member

Thanks everyone so far, sent an email off to whyte to see if they can help. Now looking at suggestions 😀

FactoryPhil

If you get no joy with a warranty claim, hopefully you will because they are very good.

I have one of the updated stays off a grey 2014 frame.
    Email in profile.

Phil

blastit
    Free Member

Thanks for the kind offer Phil , will come back to you if I have no joy with Whyte.

Cheers

scandal42
    Free Member

Another t129, simply smashing rides.

mike399
    Free Member

Buy the one just put up in classifieds!
    (Not mine, and the ‘newness’ has definitely warn off, but an absolute bargain)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Just broke my T129 frame , What next ?????’ is closed to new replies.