Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • Lourdes DH
  • chambord
    Free Member

Yes it’s only Saturday morning and qualifiers haven’t started yet but I can’t find a thread and I’m well excited.

Looks like it’s going to be a wet one. PB has a load of lovely pictures. And here is Claudio’s track preview.

I reckon it’ll be between Bruni and Bryceland this year. Fingers crossed for Manon as well.

Finally some racing again I CANT WAIT!

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Can’t wait, got fibre broadband this year so I can watch it on the telly. Conditions are going to make it a tough one to call. PB is the go-to site for all the pre-race day news. Got a funny feeling Sam Hill could bring it home.

zelak999
    Free Member

Those PB photos are awesome, can’t wait till tomorrow!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    fingerbang
    Free Member

Watching on TV – do you just need to download the redbull app on your ‘smart’ device’? In my case an Xbox one . then are you good to go?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Pinkbike coverage is really good, particularly liked the tyre tech part . What have I become

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/tire-tech-lourdes-dh-world-cup-2016.html

Bryceland and Carpenter for me !

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Can’t wait either…best do something productive in the meantime.

No idea why but I want Connor Fearon to make it this year, he is fun to watch.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Download the result app if you have a way to out it on tv, chromecast worked well last year. In nz for this one so will be on replay cairns in 2 weeks will be good.
    Mens no idea, too open. Women? Maybe a cheeky fiver on little miss Hannah

chakaping
    Free Member

Women? Maybe a cheeky fiver on little miss Hannah

Surely that’s your local prejudice talking?

Rachel or possibly Ragot. Manon if they both fall off. Tahnee if she does too.

Tracey’s better on dry & fast tracks isn’t she?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Tracey’s better on dry & fast tracks isn’t she?

She just about won last year before a crash, steep and tech is her thing really. Just needs to handle the pressure and not brake 4 bones…

chvck
    Free Member

Now I’m aware it was just practise and you can’t really read too much into it but did Rachel really put an entire minute on the rest of the field in the women’s?!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I have red bull tv on my Apple TV but it just says they are showing the finals tomorrow . No Menton of qualifiers…?

chakaping
    Free Member

They don’t show the qualifying.

She just about won last year before a crash, steep and tech is her thing really. Just needs to handle the pressure and not brake 4 bones…

Will watch her with interest then. It’d be good to see her get a win again.

maxtorque

what do we think about Stevie Smith? He looked amazing in ’14 but since then injury deffo left him on the back foot. Could this be is year??

chakaping
    Free Member

He’s one of the big unknown quantities this year.

With the field leveling off a bit at the top it seems like focus and the ability to deal with the pressure are more important than ever – and we know Stevie can do that from 2013!

Everyone loves a comeback, so fingers crossed for him anyway (OK, he is in my Fantasy DH team).

orena45

Can someone clear my confusion?…I thought Peaty needed 30 (or something) UCI points to race the World Cup this year, otherwise race in a Team GB jersey (or something), but didn’t think he had it? If so, how come he’s racing?

Not complaining obvs, it’s great to see him racing but I’ve not seen anything about him getting or not getting the points and yet, thankfully, he’s there? What’s the situation?

wayniac
    Free Member

From Bikeradar site:

The legend that is Steve Peat is returning to World Cup racing for his final season after an injury-plagued 2015. He was unable to get the required 30 UCI points to race Lourdes in his team kit. Luckily, British Cycling can enter a number of riders from the UK so long as they wear a British Cycling jersey. Keep an eye out for Peaty on track.

antennae
    Free Member

Rachel or possibly Ragot. Manon if they both fall off. Tahnee if she does too.

Ragot isn’t racing this year. And Tahnee just qualified first 🙂

orena45

Thanks wayniac. I think the photos I’ve seen this weekend Peaty’s wearing Syndicate kit and not a GB jersey hence my confusion…

…ah, just checked Instagram and he was wearing Team GB kit for qualy.

Question answered.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well Smith has answered that one now – 4th in quali.

Fairclough 6th!

And Tahnee just qualified first

And by a good margin. It’d be awesome if she can repeat that tomorrow.

blastit
    Free Member

Matt Walker first world cup race Mens Juinor and 2nd. One to Watch

MSP

Drying track, should make things faster.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Wow Rachel won by a long way. Who can catch her this season? Real marker laid down.

Oj big stack in the men’s !

wrecker
    Free Member

The YT is running OK then!!!!!!!!

thegreatape
    Free Member

That Gwin chap wants to put a bit more effort in.

chvck
    Free Member

Looks that way! Top 3 women wintered in Wales? Something in the water?

MSP

That background music on the slow mo segments is quite annoying, more suitable to riding an elevator than a downhill bike.

I hope Gwinn doesn’t win, not because I am a Gwinn hater, but I want to see a close season and if he wins today I can just see him walking the series, much like Rachel will probably do in the women’s.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Moon! Fairclough should have realised he wasn’t going to win and parked his bike there.

wrecker
    Free Member

COME ON JOSH!

wrecker
    Free Member

BRUNI!!!! NOOOOOOO

MSP

Oh nooooooo!

chvck
    Free Member

NOOOOOOO

jimdubleyou

Gutted!

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ooh

MSP

Well at least he looks like he could beat Gwinn, so it shouldn’t be a one horse race over the season.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cool finish . Unlucky Loic! Nice to see Hart on the podium

dannyh
    Free Member

Loic!!!! No!!!!!

Talk about the ragged edge.

It will be a great season if he continues to be fast but dangerous and Gwin keeps on keeping on. Throw Smith into the mix as well and it could be a classic.

jam-bo

Spoilers 😉

tenfoot

Rachel won by a long way. Who can catch her this season? Real marker laid down

I reckon Seagrave will be there by the end of the season

Shame about Bruni. What a great run he was putting together.

nickc

Great racing. Loic/Arron battle all season. YT must be chuffed, first outing at this level, and a win! That can’t have happened many time before!

great to see Danny on the podium!

kimbers

Gutted for Bruni, love seeing someone riding that loose!

YT must be very very pleased with their outlay, Gwinn didn’t seem to have had any problems settling in this time

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘Lourdes DH’ is closed to new replies.