Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Just Bought a BMX
  • wombat

For my 7 year old son and got told off by Mrs Wombat for "checking it's OK" in the garden. 8)

Have had to hide it as he's due back from school any minute.

Really want one for myself now, I'd forgotten how much fun they are 😀

Olly
    Free Member

whats the hardest thing about riding a bmx?

wombat

The ground 😀

Olly
    Free Member

telling your dad your gay 😉

hope he has fun 🙂 i know i did (with the bmx bit, not the gay bit)

Zedsdead
    Free Member

get one, they're great!

dazh

I've been trying to convince Mrs Daz that my 5 year old daughter needs a bmx for when she gets bigger, but to no avail.

I've been told that bike storage space in our house has now reached it's limit and that before I even think of buying any more that I have to clear out and refurbish the cellar 🙁

mamadirt
    Free Member

Storage space is not an issue with a BMX – fits nicely behind the spare seat at the dining room table (till Mum comes around for Sunday lunch . . . "Is that another bike I can see behind that chair" 🙄 )

I should add that at 51 I'm waay too old to be hiding things from my Mum . . . but certainly not too old for BMX 😉

Zedsdead
    Free Member

never too old for any kind of bike!

I've just got my hands on a new PK Ripper…… can't wait to build it up… 😀

jedi

bmx is the source

mike_p
    Free Member

I can't wait until my lad is old enough for one… he's having one, whether he likes it or not!

7th birthday, eh? Only 3.5 years to go!!

Zedsdead
    Free Member

get him a 16" wheeled one now mike_p

Northwind

Quite tempted myself, have another tragic middleaged pop at recovering lost youth 😉

Hairychested
    Free Member

Will I be a good dad if I buy one for my daughter when she's 5? Will I really, really "need" one for myself then?

wombat

HC, I think we all know that the answer is yes to both of those questions 😀

Hairychested
    Free Member

Now, that gives me 30 months to convince the wife, a bit short of time here 😉

rOcKeTdOg

i need someone to conceive with so i have a BMX excuse, any offers?

ElVino

My 5 year old has a 16" GT BMX, he loves it, hops of kerbs, rides down steps – well 3 anyway. I was a kid when BMXs first came out and always wanted one but not a chance, for my dad bikes were drop handlebar and 2nd hand.

From a practical point of view they are great bikes for kids, bomb proof, uncomplicated and cool.

EV

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Just Bought a BMX’ is closed to new replies.