Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Juicy 7 Lever Problem…..
  • AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Hope someone here has had this and fixed it before… 🙁

My left hand lever is fine, the right however has some free movement before anything happens, this is not the adjustment from the red dial, it is if the piston rod it sitting away from the piston itself and has to be pushed onto the piston itself before doing anything.

This is totally free movement, the lever actually rattles freely a few mm before anything happens.

It is as if the piston is sitting too far away now, though not sure that can happen?

Anyone shine a light on this?

Otherwise it’s bugging me enough to swap to Oro’s!

Cheers.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

trade you for a CRC problem!!

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Email me and i can look into yours… 😯

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Whats your email address?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I saw something similar with a Hope brake that had been crashed once. The brass washer that fits over the ball end of the push rod had been deformed. This allowed the push rod to retract further than it was meant to and gave the wobbly feeling you describe. I’m not overly familiar with the Avid stuff but it could be something similar I suppose.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Andy@chainreactioncycles.com

racing_ralph
    Free Member

does it not just need bleeding? clean and lube pistons?

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

OD, i know what you mean, nothing like that on the Juicy brakes, was thinking the worm drive gear that sits in the lever had moved, don’t want to be stripping the lever unless necessary.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

RR, Maybe, recently bled though and the braking itself is fine, just the ‘nothing’ part of the initial lever travel, once that is through it is fine.

Guess i’m going to have to strip the lever and see what’s what.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

RR, piston movement at the caliper is fine, that is not the problem.

madzaba

Andy – I had exactly this same problem (and now it’s fixed). If you can wait until tomorrow I can go outside to the garage, take a look at the bike, fathom out what I did, put it in a mail and let you know.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

does sound like air in the master cylinder

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Great, that would be a real help. I’ll not be here tomorrow though you can either post or get me at andy.watson at googlemail.com

Thanks.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

RR, you may be right, the bleed went fine though could not get any more air out.

Will see what madzaba has to offer on the issue and i’ll go from there.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

RR, ygm reference the CRC thing. 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

thanks 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

Andy, had a similar (possibly) issue having bled one of mine the other week
    Did you do the ‘pump fluid back in’ bit once you’d bled the lever end…..?
    apologies if this is a dufus suggestion but it turned out that was my problem, i thought i’d got all the air out, only to find no bite till a long way back, progressing to no bite at all…..

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

I am pretty sure i did, though I am beginning to doubt myself, may strip the lever once i’ve got my daughter to sleep and then re-bleed.

Wish me luck.

madzaba, still interested if you have anything different to add…

marsdenman
    Free Member

Best of luck getting your daughter to sleep (and resolving the brake issue…… 🙂 )

radoggair
    Free Member

Andy – any idea when the 80% off at CRC will happen on all the products for my new race bike. You know, xtr this, king that, few thompson things.??

The flood sale didn’t do it for me!!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Juicy 7 Lever Problem…..’ is closed to new replies.