Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)
  • Jeremy Vine thing update
  • DrJ
    doris5000

Shanique Syrena Pearson

’nuff said

🙄

perchypanther
    Free Member

Was she in 5 Star with Delroy, Stedman and Doris and that?

richmtb

22! bloody hell, she’s had a hard paper round

jimw
    Free Member

I would guess the failure to licence the vehicle will be the one charge to stick in the end.

edlong
    Free Member

Shanique Syrena Pearson
    ’nuff said

Not ’nuff for me sorry, what is her name telling us?

mccraque

She has Nigel Pearson’s anger issues.

DezB
    Free Member

‘Nuff said for me.

Stoner
    Free Member

what is the offence of “Failing to licence” is it failure to have it registered on a V5? or just old fashioned no VED?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Lol, another idiot on the road.

Don’t let your temper/anger out on other people.

jimw
    Free Member

I would guess no VED

DrJ

Not ’nuff for me sorry, what is her name telling us?

That she had a bad start in life having parents that gave her a stupid made-up name.

But you knew that already.

jimw
    Free Member

That she had a bad start in life having parents that gave her a stupid made-up name.

The name I use is not the one I have on my birth certificate and was “made up” by my parents and is the one I have used for well over 50 years, so should I take them to task for my bad start in life?

beefheart
    Free Member

what is her name telling us?

Her father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. Her mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. Her father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I think we can close the internet for the rest of the day. Beefheart has just won

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

although Beefheart’s passage (ooh err) seems strangely familiar.

Plagiarism?

santacoops
    Free Member

Dr Evil!

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Who cares what her name, gender, race or her background is?

She and millions of drivers/cyclists have poor road manners. Regardless of their background.

Including the Duke of Edinburgh.

Don’t blame others, sort your life out.

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Plagiarism?

No, he’s got some cream for that

IGMC

zippykona

It’s a shit name and defines her as a person. She was unlikely to be an astronaut with a name like that but most definitely a go by little shit.
    Tyson Fury flower arranger?

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

my fellow STW’ers, ask not what your copy & paste can do for you, ask what you can do for your copy & paste

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Dr J’s a racist, too? First Cougar, now Dr J, it’s like its suddenly singletrackkkworld in here

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

outing the 52%, one at a time

neilthewheel

Duke of Edinburgh.

Duke of Edinburgh? I bet I can guess what his parents were like.

Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.slate.com/articles/business/the_dismal_science/2005/04/a_roshanda_by_any_other_name.html

The data show that, on average, a person with a distinctively black name—whether it is a woman named Imani or a man named DeShawn—does have a worse life outcome than a woman named Molly or a man named Jake. But it isn’t the fault of his or her name. If two black boys, Jake Williams and DeShawn Williams, are born in the same neighborhood and into the same familial and economic circumstances, they would likely have similar life outcomes. But the kind of parents who name their son Jake don’t tend to live in the same neighborhoods or share economic circumstances with the kind of parents who name their son DeShawn. And that’s why, on average, a boy named Jake will tend to earn more money and get more education than a boy named DeShawn. DeShawn’s name is an indicator—but not a cause—of his life path.

Chest_Rockwell
    Free Member

…and what?

squirrelking
    Free Member

It’s a shit name and defines her as a person. She was unlikely to be an astronaut with a name like that but most definitely a go by little shit.

Seriously? Care to explain why?

aracer
    Free Member

It’s the latter.

I expect the other charges might well stick – she’d not have been taken to court for them if there wasn’t a realistic chance of that, and TBH the footage provides decent evidence for them based on their definition in law.

Northwind

Is Shanique a “black name”? It makes me think chav tbh, but then I know a woman called Crystal who is inexplicably not a sex worker, so we shouldn’t judge.

DezB
    Free Member

Racism! Here too? My lord. Who’d a thunk it. You have to be so careful who you forum hang round with these days.

Stoner
    Free Member

Offences

Careless driving (drive without due care and attention)
    Triable only summarily:
    Maximum: Level 5 fine
    Must endorse and may disqualify. If no disqualification, impose 3 – 9 points

No Excise Licence
    No excise licence L3 or five times annual duty, whichever is greater

Threatening behaviour
    Triable only summarily
    Maximum: Level 5 fine and/or 6 months
    Fear or threat of low level immediate unlawful violence such as push, shove or spit: Band B fine to medium level community order

Fine Band B: 75 – 125% of relevant weekly income

Fine Levels:
    Level 1 £200
    Level 2 £500
    Level 3 £1,000
    Level 4 £2,500
    Level 5 Unlimited (for offences committed after 13 March 2015)*

Taking bets on sentencing then, I’m going with:
    6 points for careless driving
    £1,000 for unpaid VED fine
    Conditional discharge on the threatening behaviour.

edlong
    Free Member

You overestimate my powers of assumption – it was a genuine question, I didn’t know what, if anything, the name was supposed to signify.

Others have raised race, and suggested that it is “black” name? I didn’t know that, so if you think my post was implying that you were racist (as some of the subsequent posts seem to suggest I may have been) you (and they) are wrong.

Having all seen the video when it first appeared, the one thing we knew already about her was that she was black!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Who cares what her name, gender, race or her background is?

Just so long as she isn’t fat? Clump

Prejudice is narrow minded and nasty no matter what flavour it comes in.

footflaps

but then I know a woman called Crystal who is inexplicably not a sex worker, so we shouldn’t judge.

She’s just lying to you….

scotroutes

FTFY

DrJ

You overestimate my powers of assumption – it was a genuine question, I didn’t know what, if anything, the name was supposed to signify.

Others have raised race, and suggested that it is “black” name? I didn’t know that, so if you think my post was implying that you were racist (as some of the subsequent posts seem to suggest I may have been) you (and they) are wrong.

OK – my mistake. Apologies.

Having all seen the video when it first appeared, the one thing we knew already about her was that she was black!

In fact I didn’t watch the video, so I didn’t know her race.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Yes Shanique is a name which originated from Africa. With an attitude like that you can see why people with “black” names don’t get as far.

doris5000

let’s try it with some different names:

Aoife McDonnell

’nuff said

or

Magda Nowosielecka

’nuff said

or maybe

Shifa Hussein

’nuff said

Yep, looks pretty bad.

It is possible that the OP genuinely didn’t know that someone with a name like Shanique Syrena in Britain is very likely to be black. But even then it’s still not a great idea to start wellying generalisations like this around.

RustySpanner

The data show that, on average, a person with a distinctively black name—whether it is a woman named Imani or a man named DeShawn—does have a worse life outcome ………

Buy we’re not talking about financial or educational outcomes.
    We’re talking about her decency as a human being, specifically, why she behaved like she did.

You seem to be implying that socio economic background has a bearing people’s tendency to act like a dickhead.

Classy.

Stoner
    Free Member

the citation was aimed at zippykona’s Astronaut jibe.
    But you carry on with seeming to make assumptions.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘Jeremy Vine thing update’ is closed to new replies.