Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Jail threat for urinating student?
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Lord Felcham the III – we've got a labrador pup that seems to enjoy a regular kitchen floor piss – I just punch him repeatedly in the face…

Michael-B
    Free Member

War memorial = Jail or National service

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

slowjo – I never suggested that you'd said it wasnt disrespectful, it was just my opinion, and yes, as I stated previously, of course I've done stuff whilst drunk that I've been embarrassed about later – I just dont buy into the 'I dont remember a thing' excuse.

tails
    Free Member

I think he has already learnt his lesson having your face in a national newspaper to be ridiculed by not just your friends but others as well can not be nice.

Should have shown his little winky though.

BermBandit
    Free Member

Interesting point regarding was he responsible for his actions…

The law says that you must not drink and drive because it affects your decision making ability and reactions. I've always wondered by that token why if you are drunk you are then still deemed to be responsible for your actions.

slowjo
    Free Member

uplink, in which case he should quite rightly be done for being drunk and disorderly and I'd agree. The point is, it just isn't a custodial sentence IMO. Berm Bandit's punishment would be more appropriate.

barnsleymitch…. fair enough I think we have to agree to disagree 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

In a statement following the hearing, Varsity Leisure Group (VLG) said: "VLG, owner of the Carnage UK brand, does not promote the commission of criminal offences.

"It is highly defamatory of if to suggest that it does."

You hold an event, name it caranage, invite 2000 paying guests (capacity in Embrace where it was presumably held?) , and refuse to take any resposibility when a lot less than "carnage" occours within 100m of the front doors? TBH I'd say they were culpable for anything upto and including "carnage".

from the LED

car?nage [uncountable]
    when a lot of people are killed and injured, especially in a war:
    a scene of terrible carnage

epicyclo

Just put him out in the country with 20 squaddies for a couple of hours.

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

. he was responsible for drinking the whisky, he made that choice, but once you become incapacitated by drink you effectively lose the ability to behave responsibly.

Being 'incapacitated by drink' is no defence in Law.

Its an unusual case as the offence is of 'Outraging public decency'. A common law offence and thus there are no sentencing guidelines. Its at the discretion of the Judge. It also doesn't matter where the event took place (for the purpouse of the offence).Only that it was public and was witnessed by two or more people. (cant remember the relevant case law so can't cite it)!

He (the defendant) has pleaded guilty and has shown remorse, the Judge *should* take this into account when passing sentence.

Personally I feel that a custodial sentence would be disproportionate. And would only achieve to appease the Mail readership.

The lad will have enough to contend with, with a criminal record. Should be given a fine and community sentence.

slowjo
    Free Member

ironically, the squaddies might have been equally outrageous themselves at some time (and no I don't mean weeing on war memorials), IME they are hardly a bunch of angels themselves – and doing their job it is a good thing they aren't.

5thElefant
    Free Member

Community service cleaning wards at a military hospital. Just a day of it.

BigDummy
    Free Member

It must be quite tedious, being press spokesman for Varsity Leisure Group. 🙂

slowjo
    Free Member

Community service cleaning wards at a military hospital. Just a day of it.

probably the best idea yet

tails
    Free Member

Just put him out in the country with 20 squaddies for a couple of hours.

love it when people say stuff like this, i'm sure twenty squaddies would kick him in 😕 . From a couple of friends who were in the army soldiers are every bit as bad as that lad and generally worse, they go to town with a pack mentality to cause trouble.

BermBandit
    Free Member

soldiers are every bit as bad as that lad and generally worse

Quite so, but we're at war at the moment so its fasionable to ignore that side of things.

uplink
    Free Member

Quite so, but we're at war at the moment so its fasionable to ignore that side of things.

I don't think it would have been any different if it had been a squaddie doing the pissing
    Actually – it would have been a lot worse

AdeC
    Free Member

I reckon a week in chokey for him to have a long hard think about the sacrifices that were made so he can enjoy his freedom to get lashed.

Never in the field of human rights has so much balls been spoken by so many about a dis-respectful little shit.

War-memorials are sacred. Pissing on them is not cool. Big Ron with the hairy shoulders will teach him that lesson after a game of hunt the submarine in the big house.

avdave2

Don't let him hide in prison. He can spend the 11th tied to a lampost so passing dogs can wee on him.

project
    Free Member

Pink underpants, and jeans half way down his arse, thats a major fashion crime,he should get a few new freinds if he goes to jail,but what a waste of our money,make him work as a punishment,and put something back into society.

walla24
    Free Member

yup he will never be able to forget that…he is a t**t of the highest order and everybody knows it now.
    shame on him, and anyone else who thinks its acceptable beacuse he was drunk…and he said sorry.
    no jail though…everyone makes mistakes, hopefully he wont do it again!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

There is no way that jail is going to serve any useful purpose! He is the "typical" student in that an organised event and his own choice allowed him to get so hideously pis**d beyond all recognition that he did something utterly ridiculous and disgraceful. I have been utterly pis**d before but NEVER to the point where I have completely forgotten what I've done! As someone early said it's normally a selective memory process out of embarassment or realisation that you have broken the law.

I'm sure that if he has no previous convictions he has learnt from this lesson. Think of the embarassment and humiliation he must realise that he has caused to his family and himself with it becoming national news and pictures of him around. If he still has grandparents, imagine how disappointed they are going to be in him.

As already mentioned it's outraging public decency which allows the Judge to sentence how he wants to! But they wouldn't sent someone to prison who had weed in a doorway in the street. weeing anywhere in the street is disgusting.

We sent people to prison for 18 months for manslaughter in this country don't send this lad to prison! pointless waste of tax payers money.

RepacK
    Free Member

Ah yes just saw this.. 😳 +1 community work in a military hospital or NS.

tazzymtb

personally I don't have a problem with what he's done, ALL OF US have done stupid things when young and pissed.Anyone saying otherwise has a very selective memory. If others are offended by his actions and think that some form of punishment is in order then fair enough, community service, selling poppies etc…. but jail? get f*cking real!

I have mates serving overseas at the moment and believe me, when we go out on the piss it makes what that youth did pale into insignificance. What's next, public flogging for saying the monarchy are bunch of unlected, scrounging B*stards?

RepacK
    Free Member

Ah I think you had better get your tin-lid on there tazzy..For me its a **** disgrace & no question. & yes I know how bad squaddies cane be (I used to be one) BUT I guarantee you if he bumps into some lad whose lost a mate in battle & hes recognised..Well the lad (the p1sser) better have his runners on or he is in for a bit or retribution..

tazzymtb

fair enough I've no doubt that people will act in a vigilante manner, but does everyone commenting on here actively support help for heros, army benevolent fund etc… or is it a lot of daily mail reading, nick griffin fans acting in a typically holier than thou bloody reactionary manner when they've all lead completely pure innocent lives, never having caused any offence to anyone or ever having done that they've later regretted?
    This just seems like a load of keyboard warriors spouting off to me, but excuse me for having a personal opinion. I'm off to club some seal puppies, defecate on a union flag and do other the other things I'll no doubt be acused of in the next few posts. 🙂

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I think that scrubbing the monument and its entire surroundings spotless clean would be a good start, followed by making him offer his services as a helper and general runaround for the annual veterans trip to the Menin gate – it would be far more useful and fitting punishment than prison.

RepacK
    Free Member

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

You've all missed the vital point:

"Philip Laing, 19, from Macclesfield"

He's a Macc Lad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtIj1WuoZD4

tazzymtb

Macc lads- bless 'em they were funny as hell live

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Put him in stocks and let Chelsea pensioners and other old soldiers pelt him rotten tomatoes, dog crap eggs or owt else fitting for the dis-respectful tw4t

I'd pay to watch it!

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Jail for having a wee in public?

So If I pop round & p!$$ all over your car while it's in the street that would be OK would it?

will
    Free Member

SOme of the responses on here are daft! I've been on carnage a few times now, it is what can only be described as, well carnage lol, which involved a massive bar crawl along West Street, ending at Embrace. The only organisation is that you wear one of those T shirts, and get cheap drinks.

I think this story has got blown out of all proportion. Jail? no way!
    The lad will have been pissed out his tree, no control what so ever etc… Now he probably shouldn't have pissed in that place, as regardless of his motive people will see the worst, and claim he should be sent to Afghanistan etc…

He made a stupid mistake, and should probably be fined (as you usually would if you get seen pissing in the street) Sure he wont drink again for a while 😆

Bet he also wish facebook didn't exist, there is even a group on there, and a link to his email, so the STW crew can send some abuse 😉 :
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=171660733071&ref=search&sid=691705506.2600788863..1

Bagstard
    Free Member

I have had many big stupid nights out involving drink and possibly other stimulants, but I can't help but think it was an intentional act rather than he 'happened' to be by the memorial and needed to pee.

i think cleaning the memorial with a toothbrush or a day in the stocks is in order.

bunnerscj
    Free Member

If he pissed on your grandad's grave would you think different,poppies and the like memorials are to acknowledge all who have died in wars to allow such people freedom, and for someone to piss on such a thing is disgusting !

JAIL (all be it for a short time if at all knowing our judicial system)

AndyP
    Free Member

died in wars to allow such people freedom……..JAIL

oh, the humanity

hora
    Free Member

A long community service and a bloody huge fine for both him AND the person who took the picture.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

People beat up old ladies and are spared jail. People rape and are spared jail.

Has this kid really done something so heinous that he deserves jail?

I agree that he should carry out community service. I am sure he is utterly embarrassed about this – which is more than you can say for the sort of people who commit the crimes I refer to above.

badnewz
    Free Member

The media have jumped on this story, but in truth this kind of thing is increasingly common. We need to bring back some form of public humiliation – like the stocks, for these offences. But at root the problem is bad parenting and the promotion of a hedonistic, rights-based culture in every aspect of our society. Jeff Randall's article in today's Telegraph is very good on this.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But at root the problem is bad parenting

I disagree – he was a kid doing a p*ssed up stupid thing. For all we know, his mum and dad might be punishing him themselves right now. And come on – who HASN'T done some really stupid things when drunk kids? I know I did some silly things and some very wrong things. But I wasn't brought up badly and it certainly wasn't because of bad parenting – if my mum and dad had ever found out half the things I did I would still be utterly ashamed now, some 20 years+ later. 🙁

I do agree it is just a media storm though.

hora
    Free Member

I read in the Times yesterday that he had 'drunk a bottle of Whisky before'. I very much doubt he had drunk a whole bottle of Whisky BEFORE going out. He'd have been p*ssing his pants laying on the floor.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Jail threat for urinating student?’ is closed to new replies.