• This topic has 405 replies, 115 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Mark.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 406 total)
  • It’s not easy being Singletrack. Please help.
  • ransos
    Free Member

But I do not need to be educated or have my opinion changed thank you

Evidently there’s a link between the two.

MoreCashThanDash

But I do not need to be educated or have my opinion changed thank you.

I’m seeing

some strong data driven evidence

that you might need to do some more research on that

tomhoward

racist, misogynistic

But I do not need to be educated or have my opinion changed thank you.

The law disagrees with you.

thepurist

Im guessing it does not handle the case where my renewal is in 2 days time. As its trying to take less than £0.30

Same for me – I’ll just do it once the scheduled payment has gone through next week

singletrackzoe

anyone with any subscription issues please email me at subs@singletrackworld.com and I will help to sort.

rockbus

I’ve only really found this site in last 6 months or so and I think the forum is absolutely brilliant. Great mix of helpful advice, fun and interesting opinions (those I don’t agree with I just ignore or laugh at!). I’m trying to wean myself off social media and using screens in my leisure time but I’ve really enjoyed getting more involved with the forum.

When the previous request for help went out I decided to become a member and plucked for the paper magazine as I liked the idea of it helping me spend more time away from screens. BUT must admit first issue I got was only the recent one and it’s stil sitting unread!

Interestingly, I also spend very little time visiting the website or reading the articles online unless they are either the offers, reviews or interesting viewpoints (eg great article on link between booze and riding).

My love of the forum is despite it being possibly the most un user friendly one I have ever visited! As others have said I think the team need to recognise that the forum is their best asset and they should invest in that and use that to generate income streams.
    Either that or they need to get the mag, website and shop up to a standard that meets the usefulness of the forum (if not it’s technical capabilities).

footflaps

I just want to read about bikes and routes and riders and riding – that’s it, simple!

and

I made a few posts on the Covid thread showing …

So basically, people didn’t agree with you and you flounced…

Drac

Makes you think.

Mark

Wow!

I hope Angus feels better now. Better out than in for sure.

angus rob
    Free Member

that you might need to do some more research on that

Really, point out any of this that’s not true? Clue – you can’t.

40+ years of tried and tested pandemic planning ripped up overnight in favour of untested lockdowns – fact.
    Highly qualified yet dissenting doctors are censored – fact.
    US Government used twitter to censor people challenging the narrative – fact.
    UK Government security services spied on and censored dissenting journalists – fact.
    Years of research saying masks of little use against a respiratory virus suddenly ignored – fact.
    Government nudge unit tasked to drum up fear and compliance – fact.
    Dodgy data presented by our Chief Scientific Officer in press briefings – fact.
    Gyms and sports clubs forced to close but McDonalds and other junk food outlets allowed to open throughout – fact.
    Joe Biden saying you won’t catch Covid if you are vaccinated – fact.
    Vaccine passports introduced to discriminate against the un-vaccinated – fact.
    Policy based more on modelling than real world data – fact.
    Media have almost universally ignored and not reported huge anti-lockdown protests across Europe for all of 2020/21 – fact.
    Keeping people indoors and lonely without adequate sunlight or excersise making them more susceptible to illness – fact.
    Our supposedly impartial MHRA is 86% funded by Big Pharma – fact.
    Ofcom orders broadcasters to not to go against the official narrative – fact.
    Vaccine does not and was never tested against transmission – fact.
    A scotch egg does not keep you safe in a pub – fact.
    The definition of a ‘vaccine’ was changed by the WHO, CDC and others prior to the release of these vaccines – fact.
    Partying politicians and computer modellers having long distance affairs were seemingly not sacred of the virus – fact.
    Huge level of currently unexplained excess deaths across Europe – fact.
    Bill Gates made significant investment in vaccine manufacturers in 2019 – fact.
    We didn’t save the NHS – fact.
    Covid came from a lab – almost certainly a fact.
    UK Governments are currently hiding a large level of vaccine injuries – fact.
    Lockdown policy has enabled the biggest transfer of wealth from poor to rich in history – fact.
    Sweden has had the lowest level of excess death in Europe over the last three years despite not locking down – fact.

I could go on. It’s you who needs to do some research my friend!

walleater

A scotch egg does not keep you safe in a pub – fact.

I’ve had the same Scotch Egg with me since 1984 and no-one comes within 20ft of me. So I think mine keeps me very safe thank you very much.

Drac

Well he’s me thinking this thread was about protecting STW. – Fact

Sweden has had the lowest level of excess death in Europe over the last three years despite not locking down – fact.

Sweden has one of the highest vaccine rates for over 12s – Fact

Mark

Kind of feels like Angus has taken the cross hairs off me.

For the moment.

🙂

politecameraaction
    Free Member

Nicorette was invented in Sweden – fact

The CEO of Norfolk Southern rail made $13m last year – fatcat

I love geometric shape containing detailed structure at arbitrarily small scale – fractal

Fossil fuels are being extracted in new ways – fracked

slackboy

Really, point out any of this that’s not true? Clue – you can’t.

do you know that writing the word “fact” after a statement doesn’t actually make it true, right?

“It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble.</b> <b>It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so.” Mark Twain

Gribs

Just trying to think where the ST staff have directly done this?

They’ve had articles in the mag promoting/sharing stories of those who aren’t part of the traditional white male majority of mountain bikers. That doesn’t seem like a bad thing but even if it’s of no interest it’s very easy to turn a few pages and read the next article. In this months mag I skipped straight past the article about riding with kids.

What would be useful is a a basic search function for previous mags. Some of the content will date but it’s always useful to be able to get a general gist of what riding in an area is like.

Drac

“ It ain’t what you do, it’s the way that you do it “ – Bananarama

RichPenny
    Free Member

Fact – fact

reluctantjumper

40+ years of tried and tested pandemic planning ripped up overnight in favour of untested lockdowns – fact.

The government at the time of the pandemic had actually abandoned any pandemic planning two years before any of us knew the name Wuhan is a fact for you. Also putting “Fact.” at the end of any and every statement automatically flags that statement as unverified and more likely than not false.

For the moment.

🙂

If you could train yours or a moderator’s crosshairs on him in retaliation that would be great, we can get in with helping you out instead then 😁

No need for a clean shot, just a flesh wound would suffice 😉

tomhoward

Big pharma turns over more in profit in a year than I earn in 9 weeks – Fact.

charliedontsurf

I’m now worried about these cross hares. Oversized rabbits that look cute from a distance but up close have flesh ripping teeth and eye gouging claws… and they are cross too. Not happy but very very cross. Truly terrifying beast to meet on a bike ride. Who remembers bike rides? Bike rides are great. Who wants to talk about riding their bike?

weeksy

Who wants to talk about riding their bike?

Always. What you got Charlie? Still into the crazy gravel stuff?

scotroutes

AD

This thread is possibly why I love Singletrack so much….

sirromj

Will reading any of the previous pages make any sense of the above?

vinnyeh

Wow. Gone from balanced respectful and thoughtfuldiscussion early on to internet pile-on, largely by the usual suspects, in a few pages.

Looks like rule 1 has been torn up and thrown out the window.

squirrelking
    Free Member

For the moment.

🙂

How very convenient.

Very. Convenient.

(FWIW I think Angus is the same person who cancelled his subscription and wrote an angry email to Cranked regarding the Trans story they published)

And at risk of derailing this batshit mental segue, I’m on Brave, I’m having no formatting issues (plays nicer with Chromium than Mozilla) and not hating it. Let’s see how it handles my usual 27 open tabs on every instance.

Kryton57

I’m sure I recognise Angus_robs writing style from the last ever pages of Bike Magic. Makes you think.

colournoise

And at risk of derailing this batshit mental segue, I’m on Brave, I’m having no formatting issues (plays nicer with Chromium than Mozilla) and not hating it. Let’s see how it handles my usual 27 open tabs on every instance.

It’ll be fine. Been on Brave for a while now – must be over a year – on my Windows laptop (still Chrome on this Android tablet), and generally have between 25 and 30 tabs open at any one time. It’s been absolutely rock solid for me.

charliedontsurf

@weeksy. Mainly riding a very normal 150mm full sus ebike. It’s pretty hilly and rocky round here.
    If not on that I’m out over the dales on a KTM 250 enduro motorbike. About a foot of travel. Brrrm brrrrmmm.
    I’m going to resurrect an old karate monkey as a pub and towpath commuter. It might be single speed despite the 2.5 mile climb from town to my home on the tops.

What are you riding?

ransos
    Free Member

Gone from balanced respectful and thoughtfuldiscussion early on to internet pile-on, largely by the usual suspects, in a few pages.

If you’re talking about Angus then I think he was looking for a fight.

weeksy

That’s ace Charlie. I sold my KTM in Dec to buy a transit.

What are you riding?

Rocky mountain Slayer carbon big bouncy thing!

tomhoward

Wow. Gone from balanced respectful and thoughtfuldiscussion early on to internet pile-on, largely by the usual suspects, in a few pages.

Forgive me for not respecting a self confessed misogynistic racist.

doomanic

I thought he was referring to Solarider myself.

kelvin

Unknown Pleasures – Fact 10
    The old and the new – Fact 135
    England made me – Fact 210
    Obey the time – Fact 274
    Technique – Fact 275
    Uncle Dysfunktional – Fact 500

AngusWells

I don’t wish to be associated with the other Angus – (genuine) fact

RustySpanner

For what it’s worth………

I love the forum.

I’m increasingly enjoying the magazine again. Always loved the travel stuff and the opinion pieces. The interviews are usually interesting and inspiring, one way or another.
    Finally, more reviews of cheaper bikes and kit. I can’t be arsed reading reviews of stuff I can’t afford. More reasonably priced stuff please.

As to the editorial opinion pieces, I feel this is where you shine atm.
    I find Hannah’s stuff to be relevant and insightful without being patronising. She’s an excellent journo and a great asset.

For me, and I appreciate that it is just me, I’d like to see more articles on less techy stuff – let’s hear more about TJ’s adventure, Ton’s 10 favourite rides, Onion’s guide to the Highlands, more Jason Miles racing stuff, how to organise a Peaks Pootle etc.
    Some forumites have mentioned, usually in passing, some fantastic achievements and inspirational routes, get them involved!
    And I really like the inclusive content. More please.

ctk
    Free Member

squirrelking
    Free Member

@colournoise I meant just on my phone! Mozilla has been known to occasionally strop with the amount of synced tabs between browsers, I really abuse the hell out of it.

hightensionline

Specialized FACT – not cheap
    Factor XC – expensive
    Factory built – cheap

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 406 total)

The topic ‘It’s not easy being Singletrack. Please help.’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM