Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Is this tesa tape the same as stans yellow tape?
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Just doing a quick bit of research as I’ve just bought some new hope hoops on stans flows and came across this yellow tesa tape on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161050849454?redirect=mobile
    Apparently the same tape as stans…. Anyone tried it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I did look into this once but got put off by the minimum order quantities but it rings a bell. Could well be the same stuff. After all, no one believes stans tape is bespoke do they.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Flow needs wider stuff though doesn’t it? Just get the hope stans kit, enough tape, two valves and two bottles of sealant for about £20

cloudnine
    Free Member

Yep just realised stans yellow is 25mm this is 19mm

shortcut

I am using it on a couple of sets of wheels. I tend to use two layers to cover the whole width and double up over the spoke holes. It is fine and a lot cheaper – that reel goes on forever!!

notmyrealname
    Free Member

That’s the stuff I’m using on my Crests with no problems so far.

gt900uk
    Free Member

Get it from superstar components.

MS
    Free Member

Just use insulating tape?

Got stans yellow tape on a couple of wheels and just insulating tape on another. No difference…

JohnnyPanic

Yep there’s a difference. Insulating tape deforms considerably into the spoke holes under pressure. Quite disconcerting to look at.

I used insulating tape for ages but was put off the first time I took the tyre off. Even two wraps deforms.

Gorilla tape is available in 25mm, very sticky & will not deform. Costs about £3 for 9 Metres.

MS
    Free Member

Yep there’s a difference. Insulating tape deforms considerably into the spoke holes under pressure. Quite disconcerting to look at.

Still works though. Had a set of wheels with the same insulating tape in for over two years!

Do agree it deforms but it doesn’t really bother me as the length of time it lasts is long enough

JohnnyPanic

Aye, it works, never failed on me. Take it of the rim after use and you have a length of tape with 32 nipples in it 🙂

Just prefer something that doesn’t do that.

Stuff in the OP looks interesting.

baznav73
    Free Member

I use glass reinforced tape it comes in 25mm width, works great.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Is this tesa tape the same as stans yellow tape?’ is closed to new replies.