• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Is there anything as slick as Apple's iPhoto for the PC?
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

I need a new laptop and find myself generally prefering Windows 7 to iOS these days (despite being a long time Apple fanboi!)

The problem is that iPhoto is pretty slick, not least the ability to create and order photo books. I’ve just bought the wife one and she is beside herself about it; loves it to pieces.

If there is something that allows you to create these photo books as easily on a PC as on the Mac then I’d buy a PC.

What can people suggest?

blades2000
    Free Member

Picasa is what I’m using though I don’t think it is anywhere near as good. I’m currently saving for a mac mainly because of iphoto.

geoffj

I need a new laptop and find myself generally prefering Windows 7 to iOS these days (despite being a long time Apple fanboi!)

😯

brassneck

The freeebie in Windows Live is pretty damn good. Still prefer iPhoto, but my missus gets on with it just fine.

footflaps

I use Picasa on my MBP – much prefer it to iPhoto and works cross platform.

defydude
    Free Member

A proper fanbois would never make such a rookie mistake.

I use Picasa on my MBP – much prefer it to iPhoto and works cross platform.

This^

I am sure you can upload the collages you can create in Picasa to a photo services website like Photobox or similar*, and create a photobook from there. A few extra step maybe, but doable.

*This could be complete bollocks.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Picassa

It was one of the main reasons I decided not to spend the extra cash on a Mac laptop because at the time it wasn’t available for Macs.

cp

Another picasa vote- brilliant. Very easy uploads to picasaweb too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Is there anything as slick as Apple's iPhoto for the PC?’ is closed to new replies.