Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,885 total)
  • Is May about to call an election?
  • tjagain

The elephant in the room is that 80% of the UK press is owned by 5 billionaires none of whom are uk taxpayers, all of whom want out of the EU for their own selfish reasons and thus who move the centre of political discussion in the press to the right. Then the BBC takes its “neutrality” form the centre of the press position ie well to the right of the political centre in the UK

This results in an unfair advantage to the tories

molgrips
    Free Member

I was 85% Plaid and Labour. But I won’t vote Plaid since my constituency used to be Labour and only lost to Tories by 2,000 odd votes last time.

tjagain

ulysse – Member

Innit, as a left libertarian, it’s weird how them questionnaires tell me I’m closest aligned to The Greens…

that would be because they are the most left libertarian party

jambalaya
    Free Member

Oh, the irony.

Tory majority in 2015
    Leave vote in 2016
    Tory landslide (imo) in 2017

Posters here don’t want to take the issue seriously and the above has been the result. I have lost interest posting the same explanations again and again. Please carry on with the racists/xenophobe/they are all idiots line of responce as thats working absolutely perfectly for me – see above timeline

ulysse
    Free Member

I know, and it’s also why I’m a paid up member..

ulysse
    Free Member

And we were certainly more to the left than Millibands Labour in 2015

tjagain

83% snp
    80% labour
    76% lib dem
    32% tory
    31% UKIP

No mention of greens which is a bit odd

Edit – found the “add more parties” button which says green 85% but that they are not standing in my area – a bit daft ‘cos they are and I didn’t tell them my location!

kerley
    Free Member

Posters here don’t want to take the issue seriously

What issue?

ninfan
    Free Member

Posters here don’t want to take the issue seriously and the above has been the result. I have lost interest posting the same explanations again and again. Please carry on with the racists/xenophobe/they are all idiots line of responce as thats working absolutely perfectly for me – see above timeline

Stop it Jamba – everyone knows that if you resort to an endless tirade of abuse, name calling and labelling people as …ist , then sooner or later they are bound to change their mind and vote in favour of you.

Its worked so well in the past after all.

molgrips
    Free Member

a bit daft ‘cos they are and I didn’t tell them my location!

Websites can tell where you are from your IP address. Except that relies on databases that aren’t very accurate, so it makes mistakes.

ulysse
    Free Member

Odd results there, TJ, as I’d put SNP slightly right of Labour

kimbers

86% lab
    83% LD
    72% Green
    40% Con
    35% Racist* UKIP

* sorry jambs

well thats pretty clear cut, looks like im in for a dissapointing june the 9th and beyond!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Please carry on with the racists/xenophobe/they are all idiots line of responce as thats working absolutely perfectly for me – see above timeline

Well we know your an immigration hating islamaphobe, so what does that make the others, ninfan is hardly a compassionate understanding fella is he?
    I guess you want to use the old line of exaggerated immigration (millions of poles) to push forward your idea that stopping all immigration is somehow fair.
    It’s amazing how some fairly right wing people run straight to protectionist policies

fifeandy
    Free Member

Everything that isn’t a communist party is right of JC’s Labour…..
    SNP are still a heavily left leaning party imo

molgrips
    Free Member

Everything that isn’t a communist party is right of JC’s Labour

Don’t be ridiculous.

dragon
    Free Member

SNP are still a heavily left authoritarian leaning party imo

ulysse
    Free Member

Seriously? That’s an actual belief and not some flippant statement thrown off the cuff?

Labour are only *just* to the left of us Greens in the real world, and Greens ain’t a million miles from being centrist and I’d put SNP slightly to the right of Green

tjagain

snp are left of centre but authoritarian not libertarian. Labour are to the right of the snp, greens to the left but not much in it.

ulysse
    Free Member

This was the state of play in 2015
    Interesting to note Millibands Labour stance was around about Hitler and the ground normally covered by true, one nation conservatism

molgrips
    Free Member

Who set those centre lines ?

ulysse
    Free Member

Here you go Mol, but like everything else on the internet…

http://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2015

fifeandy
    Free Member

Who set those centre lines ?

Communists obviously.

Slide the left/right centre to between Lab/LD and that would give a fairly accurate reflection of 2015 imo

tjagain

nope – labour were right of centre in 2015. Now left of centre

ulysse
    Free Member

No mate, the graph is an indication of how far to the right politics has shifted since 1979
    The graph portrayed the traditional values

kimbers

Gove making up his numbers again 😳

the entire Tory manifesto is just a huge uncosted gamble !

kimbers

double post- im as befuddled as a tory in a maths class !

martinhutch

If only the interviewer involved had a history of humiliating people who didn’t know their brief, then he would have known to prepare properly. 🙂

fifeandy
    Free Member

If only the interviewer involved had a history of humiliating people who didn’t know their brief, then he would have known to prepare properly.

You’d think wouldn’t you…..
    And somehow these fools actually get voted in to run the country

igm
    tjagain

ulysse – Member

Not really much between them. I’d have SNP to the left of labour

igm

86% lab
    83% LD
    72% Green
    40% Racist Con
    35% Also racist* UKIP

FTFY Kimbers

*Sorry again Jamba 😉

igm

Seriously though Jamba, you express support for Trump, Farage, LePen – it would be easy to assume you’re racist. I mean I’ve never met you, the only evidence I’ve got are your posts on here on one hand and a few folk who’ve met you on the other saying you’re ok. It’s hard to judge.

Ninfan of course doesn’t have anyone saying he’s ok – but I’m sure he is normal really.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Just for fun..

https://ge2017.gritdigital.co.uk/#2017-opinion-poll

Had potential until it tried to force me to sell my soul to facebook

welshfarmer

87% Plaid Cymru
    86% Green
    82% Lab
    76% LD
    30% UKIP
    27% Con

Seems I value UKIP policies even more than the Tories 😯

aracer
    Free Member

We’ve done this one before (of course). Us lot on here calling a spade a spade makes no difference at all to national election results, which are mainly influenced by the lies told by billionaires to the credulous – many of whom are racists or xenophobes and the majority of whom may not be stupid, but voting for something which is going to make your life worse isn’t the action of the highly intelligent. You can deny it all you like, or make spurious claims like the above with the implication that us “calling people names” made all the difference, but we all know that the secret to electoral success in modern times is telling different (and often contradictory) carefully focused lies to each particular target group.

FWIW if by “who might vote Conservative” you include people who have in the past, then that’s me, I’ll happily admit it. I was one of those taken in by the lies.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just for fun..

https://ge2017.gritdigital.co.uk/#2017-opinion-poll

That’s brilliant. 14 Tory seats?!

Can we hold all our elections on Facebook now?

igm

Unfortunately I think that’s why I said just for fun

molgrips
    Free Member

I meant brilliant as in comedy..

Speeder

77% LibDem
    72% Green
    69% Labour
    47% UKIP
    44% Conmen

That’s alright then – pretty much bang on though there’s a worrying anomaly that UKIP feature above the Conmen. 😳

graemecsl
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Have you any idea just how much tax we’ve contributed in our lives?

Have you an idea how much it costs to run NHS, schools, police, defence, transport, social care, housing, garden bridges etc?
    Judging by the fact we have torn through all our gas and oil, sold off every utility and resource we could, borrowed way more than we could comfortably afford and *still* need to cut back hard, we spent a shed load more than your taxes.

I regurgitate this for all who would make this a generation ‘war against pensioners’ and in a way I understand those who have never experienced politicians other than Thatcher,Blair,Brown, Cameron etc would think, but the fact is we generated the money, it was your generation that squandered it. Our generation don’t squander money, we don’t waste it the way it is these days.

It wasn’t us that decided to pay nearly 2500 council officials over £150,000, it wasn’t us that decided to privatise the NHS with private finance initiatives that would cost it a fortune for ever after, it wasn’t us that decided to introduce student debt to University Graduates rather than have them do the jobs in the summer fruit picking that all these immigrants you moan about do, the point is, you all have so much more that needs paying for and it is your turn to step up to the plate and get taxed at the level we were in the sixties, no, I don’t suppose you even remember at what level that was, all our poor pop stars had to leave the country, google the Beatles ‘Taxman’ recording of the Heath Wilson years, three day weeks, rubbish piled high, shitty cars, shitty industrial relations, it’s in your history books now, but we had to live with it all, so lets have less of the soak the boomers, you lot haven’t even begun to experience the sort of ‘austerity’ that we endured.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,441 through 1,480 (of 2,885 total)

The topic ‘Is May about to call an election?’ is closed to new replies.