Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,885 total)
  • Is May about to call an election?
  • allthepies
    Free Member

That’s the Tory CPS for you.

chewkw
    Free Member

Oh look big election campaign battle buses … 😀

Do you like big buses? 😛

I like! 😆

ctk
    Free Member

CPS still looking into Thanet, and you’d assume they’ll have to be more careful this time?

slowoldman

and maintains country skills

Such as ripping foxes apart.

Anyway it’s gone beyond fox hunting. It’s all about putting the bins out now.

jimster01

The Crown Prosecution Service said it had examined files from 14 police forces and while there was evidence of inaccurate spending returns it did not “meet the test” for further action.

Don’t want to upset their paymaster’s do they.

binners

Who’d have thunk it? The CPS don’t want to upset the boss.

And obviously the message it sends now is “Forget the rules! They don’t apply! Just do what the hell you like!”

I’m sure Sir Lynton has received it loud and clear

dissonance

Who’d have thunk it? The CPS don’t want to upset the boss.

Tad unfair.
    There wasnt enough evidence to show individual candidates/agents deliberately broke the law. Part of the reason for that was central office told them it was okay.
    It was always going to be hard to prove unless the police had found an email or something saying “yes the battlebus should be local spending but lets stick it in national to keep under the limit”.

Nipper99
    Free Member

That the fox vote gone then..

Foxes regret voting Tory

igm

ninfan – Member

round here there is/was a mounted hunt

Ah, ’round here’

Right

Thanks for proving my point

@mrlebowski – but you live in a town now, right? [/quote]

What was your point? Because I’m buggered if I can see how that proves what you wrote.

I suspect you just firing posts off randomly.

Anyway to spell out my point that you seem to have failed to grasp.

1. Not against toffs on horses or anyone else on horses charging across the landscape. If I ride I’d fancy doing that. In fact I do on an MTB – anyone object if I join in.

2. Not against control of the fox population – just not convinced that charging across the landscape is a sensible way to do it with the minimum distress to the fox before it’s killed.

3. I am concerned about people who wrap pomp and ceremony round killing I think it says a lot about them. (I also feel that having religious beliefs should exclude an individual from any office where they get to make decisions that one might expect to lead to people dying – i.e. If you believe in a heaven you might view,say, soldiers dying differently – but that’s a different discussion).

4. I am aware that a lot of hunters aren’t toffs and I am aware of hunts on foot. And I know and discuss these sorts of things with folk who hunt and farmers and landowners. They conduct themselves with far more dignity and considered response than you ninfan – though I’ll leave it to you to decide if that’s a high bar.

City boy by birth, but spent the last 20 years round North Yorkshire, mainly in small villages.

I used to see the hounds being exercised as I drove into work.

taxi25
    Free Member

@mikey. I would imagine the UN can and does come up with very similar reports relating to just about any country. Thecanary is a anti Tory, Corbyn supporting vehicle best left on facebook.

mikey74
    Free Member

@mikey. I would imagine the UN can and does come up with very similar reports relating to just about any country. Thecanary is a anti Tory, Corbyn supporting vehicle best left on facebook.

So? That doesn’t mean it should be dismissed out of hand.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

turns out I was right in the first place

Nah, just proves your bias, your lack of objectivity & your idiocy..

taxi25
    Free Member

I agree mikey, every government can do better and to highlight those areas is a good thing. But your posting of it and the canaries highlighting it is just left wing political propoganda. That’s fine there’s an election coming up. But be careful what you wish for especially with British voters. Some of the failings in that report will be seen as successes by many !!

mikey74
    Free Member

is just left wing political propoganda

Spoken like a true Tory.

I’m not saying it’s gospel, by any stretch of the imagination. Just something that needs investigating further.

taxi25
    Free Member

Spoken like a true Tory.

Not really I’m more or less politicaly neutral. I’ve voted for all the major parties plus independents at some time. Whoever I feel will screw up the country the least gets my vote. But I do have an inclination towards less government so slightly more inclined to vote conservative than labour.

mikey74
    Free Member

If you have access, the actual paper is on the UN Human Rights website and says all of the things that article does.

GrahamS

Thecanary is a anti Tory, Corbyn supporting vehicle best left on facebook.

A couple of weeks ago in this very thread we were lamenting the imbalance caused by the lack of left-leaning press in the UK and you suggested that ”If people on the left bought more newspapers we’d have a more balanced press.”

Odd then that you’d encourage people to avoid The Canary.

kelvin

Avoid the Canary. For all the same reasons as you should avoid Westmonster.

ulysse
    Free Member

A couple of weeks ago in this very thread we were lamenting the imbalance caused by the lack of left-leaning press in the UK and you suggested that “If people on the left bought more newspapers we’d have a more balanced press.”

Odd then that you’d encourage people to avoid The Canary.

The very reason Kerry Anne Mendoza created the Canary

Junkyard
    Free Member

so the great news is they are incompetent rather than corrupt

nickc

and it’s really all driven by childish leftie ‘class war’ tactics
    Like it always was

All the evidence suggests hunting with dogs is just inhumanly cruel. and dog pack “hunters” fail to grasp that most normal people find it abhorrent. The fact that it upsets you and people like you, is also cause for celebration.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I read the Canary from time to time just I read Breitbart from time to time, why not ? As an aside the UNCHR has an extremely chequered track record. The fact its critical of our approach to anti-terrorism is a badge of honour imho, shows we must be doing something right. We are discriminating on the basis of religion, yup as that’s one of the leading indicators of the threat we face today

kelvin

One of the leading indicators of the threat we face today is right wingers who blame migration for their ills… not that their attacks and attempted attacks on people and society grab the headlines in quite the same way.

molgrips
    Free Member

We are discriminating on the basis of religion, yup as that’s one of the leading indicators of the threat we face today

You seriously can’t see a human issue with that?

jambalaya
    Free Member

No time for policitcal correctness me. Islamic Jihad is err Islamic. Vast majority of Muslims are victims of it too.

kimbers

We are discriminating on the basis of religion, yup as that’s one of the leading indicators of the threat we face today

is UKIP a religion now?

very good article about why Maybot only meets the ‘public’ in very tightly controlled fake rallies and why it means she will win…

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2017/05/believe-it-or-not-tories-are-running-energetic-election-campaign-you-just

and how
    http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/june2017/2017/05/will-dark-ads-facebook-really-swing-2017-general-election

pondo

No time for policitcal correctness me. Islamic Jihad is err Islamic. Vast majority of Muslims are victims of it too.

I know you wear the Clarksonesque “non-PC” blazer like some kind of intolerant badge of honour, but the anti-Muslim UKIP-style trolling is not hidden by the crocodile tears.

chewkw
    Free Member

pondo – Member
    I know you wear the Clarksonesque “non-PC” blazer like some kind of intolerant badge of honour, but the anti-Muslim UKIP-style trolling is not hidden by the crocodile tears.

Why tolerate against the extremists who intend harm? 🙄

pondo

Why tolerate against the extremists who intend harm?

Who suggested tolerance? If anything, allowing them the label of religious allegiance is a tolerance that they are in some way alligned to that religion – I don’t tolerate that.

molgrips
    Free Member

No time for policitcal correctness me.

It’s got absolutely nothing to do with political correctness.

It’s about labelling a huge group of innocent people as potential terrorists. That means that those innocent people end up victims of suspicion and harassment when they’ve done nothing wrong.

Do you get it yet?

Junkyard
    Free Member

He would only understand this if some lefties were doing it to Jews/Israel

Go on reverse what he says but about Israel/Jews and see what happens

DrJ

Anyone still think this sort of talk is just harmless fun?

jam-bo

you mean like the tory party?

ninfan
    Free Member

Strange that, after all the talk about ‘progressive alliance’ and ‘tactical voting’ we’ve not heard anyone talking about UKIP’s announcement not to stand against pro-leave candidates in marginal seats

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/may/11/ukip-will-not-stand-against-pro-brexit-tories-in-key-marginal-seats

Now that announcement must have seen champagne corks popping in CCHQ 🙂

chestrockwell

That may be because ukip have sunk back to irrelevance quicker than they worked their way in to mainstream. No one cares.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@ninfan bit slow here just seen the Kippers story in the Telegragph, up to 29 seats may swing to the Tories

Nipper99
    Free Member

‘Proud and patriotic working class’ yay………

kimbers

UKIP’s announcement not to stand against pro-leave candidates i

would that be a regressive alliance?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

would that be a regressive alliance?

Likes.

AKA Bunch of ****.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 2,885 total)

The topic ‘Is May about to call an election?’ is closed to new replies.

RAFFLE ENDS FRIDAY 8PM