Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Is it a New Bike Day?
  • stwhannah

A little experiment I’ve been working on… maybe it’ll break. Maybe it won’t. If you’ve got a new bike you’d like to show off (or maybe you’ve just done a really good job of cleaning up something old and interesting?) then have a go at this. Feedback and comments welcome!

https://form.asana.com?k=Qz1S6ibQTvMWWrxM4Q4J0A&d=1121725724315322

tomhoward

*crosses fingers this will still be running in 3 months*

ahsat

Gravel build incoming in the next week….

nixie

I was about to question why till I checked who the poster was.

willard

@stwhannah needs something to take her mind off the sheets that keep sticking to the cuts and scratches on her legs.

Also, who doesn’t like seeing pictures of shiny new stuff?

IHN

I was about to question why till I checked who the poster was.

I’m still not quite sure why.

stwhannah

Why? Well, I see plenty of ‘new bike day’ threads on here. I’m hoping that I might be able to turn the submissions into a nicely laid out story with pretty pics (not really possible with a standard forum post), and then the stories will have the new style Forum comments threads below. People can ooh and ahh over your bike, or tell you how you’ve built it all wrong. I am led to believe that there are some websites that already do this sort of thing and it’s quite a popular feature 🙂

Plus, it would give me a regular opportunity to plug the World Bicycle Relief N+1 fundraiser: https://worldbicyclereliefuk.enthuse.com/cf/singletrack-supporting-world-bicycle-relief

johnw1984
    Free Member

I was just going to fill it out, but I hardly have any pics of it yet 🙂

Ah well, soon…

monkeyboyjc

Ooo I’m liking this….. New bike is ordered and due this month (I hope)….

letmetalktomark

@stwhannah ….

Do existing new build threads that already exist rule us out of re posting in the form?

New bike day …. Custom 29Plus

Always nice for the builder to get the recognition they deserve?

Tracey

I’m resisting buying any new stuff including bikes and sheets.

Just taken delivery of a Topeak Tune Up stand X which will reside in the camper. Its a sturdy bit of kit that shouldn’t take up much room. Just need to make a storage bag for it.

https://www.tweekscycles.com/uk/topeak-tune-up-stand-x-euktw023/?istCompanyId=56f52ebf-49f3-492a-9cbb-cb6ab0fc1bf0&istFeedId=33b89177-5114-4491-9c2a-09a3a7cb23b2&istItemId=ptqqawxxw&istBid=t&gclid=Cj0KCQjwkZiFBhD9ARIsAGxFX8DfeiI55i_XvKTWc1NyG7Iz9nWz2JR_8TiE8T4Q3yHPPgDOGo4ElqUaAoApEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

stwhannah

@letmetalktomark Sure, nice pics and an interesting build are more likely to make the cut!

joebristol

@stwhannah

I had a go – no idea if it’s uploaded as it came up with an error message 🤷‍♂️

mjsmke

If this is an intended scam it needs a box for people’s addresses too.

stwhannah

@joebristol nope, not got yours! I wonder what happened – if you get the error message again please can you email me a screenshot? hannah@singletrackworld.com

funkmasterp

Just finished building my Stooge Dirtbomb so will post in the link over the weekend. Looking forward to the horror of people seeing silver finishing kit and tanwall tyres!

fathomer

Just tried and had a confirmation email 🙂

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Added mine, unsure what the end product will be but always interested in seeing other new builds…

stwhannah

Oh my. I hadn’t considered the full potential implications here. Too many nice bikes. It’s all rather exciting. I might have to turn the heating down.

nbt

@stwhannah needs something to take her mind off the sheets that keep sticking to the cuts and scratches on her legs.

@samuri
    wrote an excellent article about that in one of the early issues. You should check the archives and read it

joebristol

@stwhannah

I had another go and it says it’s been received. So you should have glittery Marino spam in there now 🤣

BillOddie

I have submitted my Banshee Prime (6 weeks is still “new” right?)

You might need a cuppa and biscuit as I tend to be overly verbose.

gnusmas

@stwhannah is there a past timescale for this? My new bike day was about 2 years ago lol

weeksy

I did all of mine already in a thread on here.

stwhannah

I’m not about to sift through all the past threads or look for date stamps on your photos! I don’t know if you bought your bike this week or a decade ago! If you love your bike and think it’s worth reading about, then submit it and if it catches our eye it might appear on the site. But I can hardly call the story Bike of the Day now, can I?

Readers’ Rides maybe?

Singletrack Sheds?

I await your creative suggestions 🙂

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Is it a New Bike Day?’ is closed to new replies.