Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Is it a "bit rich" to sell something which you received for free?
  • Bimbler
    Free Member

I’m selling some Oakleys on here. Ones which I got from the Oakley balls up of last year, a poster thinks this is a “bit rich” and “taking the mickey”. Other than the price which granted may be a bit steep am I taking the pee?

DezB
    Free Member

Up to you innit?! If he doesn’t want em he doesn’t have to buy them. I certainly won’t be, cos they are f%^&in horrible 😉

higgo
    Free Member

Price is determined by “what the market will bear”. What you paid for them (or not) is irrelevant.

weeksy

a little… but if i receieve say a car worth £10,000 then i wouldn’t give it away just becuase i won the car.

It’s easy to say it’s a bit rich… but when the shoe is on the other foot, it’s your right to sell it.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I don’t understand that logic. It makes no difference how you got them (as long as they weren’t stolen obviously). The point is, you have them and you want to sell them.

Because you got them for free that means you should give them away? I don’t think so.

robbespierre
    Free Member

It’s irrelevant what you paid for them. Don’t worry about it.
    You probably would have been wiser not to have mentioned it though 😀

mogrim

What DezB says, your glasses, you sell them. And they are indeed “f%^&in horrible”.

IHN

No, you’re not. They need to enter the big, wide world.

binners

Why on earth would you mention in an advert you got ’em for nowt? What relevance is it to anything?

And yes… they’re truly ****ing orrible! Paying that kind of money to look like a colourblind, reject from a crap 70’s Sci-Fi B movie?

Whatever floats yer boat, I suppose

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Incidentally, as a potential buyer (I’m not, they are horrible) I also wouldn’t care how you got them (Again, as long as they weren’t stolen). If I’m getting something I want at a fair/good price then why would I care?

donsimon
    Free Member

No, sell them for whatever you can. It’s up to the other to decide whether they want to buy, or not.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

OP – Your error was giving the buyers too much info. Golden Rule – Never try to explain why you are selling something. It’s irrelevant. Only condition (And all that entails) and price matters. Don’t try and justify the sale., 🙂

franki
    Free Member

Only if you sell them to a mate. 😉

Bagstard
    Free Member

+1 franki

higgo
    Free Member

p.s. well done on getting us all to look at your FS listing. 8)

jfletch
    Free Member

To be fair… In a classified add it is often very relevant why someone is selling something.

On the face of it selling £250 glasses that had only been worn a few times for a £100 loss sounds a bit dodgy. As a buyer I’d be worried there was something I’m missing, scratches, stolen, fake etc.

Knowing they were aquired via the Oakley balls up explains what the seller is just trying to cash in.

Doesn’t affect the price though, the buyer is just trying it on to get a discount.

binners

I think I’ve sussed out who the buyer is anyway….

binners

or maybe…

😀

yunki
    Free Member

no

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

1 – Nice plug for your sale items
    2 – the other guy is a nitwit (polite. Well done you if you make money out of Oakley.
    3 – Those glasses are seriously FUGLY, got a mate with a pair he looks stoopid, pass a guy on my ‘mute every morning who also has a pair he looks stoopid, Cavendouche wore them last year and guess what? he looked stoopid too! 😀

Sorry did I say “I’m out”

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

toys19
    Free Member

My advice is only sell on a forum website where you can control the thread. EG ride.io. They use SMF. So if you start a thread, if anyone else posts something you don’t like on it, you can delete the thread and start again..

On another forum if you start the thread you have moderator rights so can delete/edit anyone else’s posts on your thread.

Other than that you can sell what you like, the whole point of capitalism is to take advantage of market conditions..

Kit
    Free Member

So if you start a thread, if anyone else posts something you don’t like on it, you can delete the thread and start again..

Sounds great if you’re a dodgy muppet :/

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s just the usual classified whining, tho daft of you to mention it IMO.

I’ve forwarded a link to the thread to Oakley of course.

toys19
    Free Member

Sounds great if you’re a dodgy muppet :/

Well that’s all well and good but sometimes assholes turn up and ruin a perfectly decent sale. I once saw a thread where a buy was about to go ahead and some idiot turned up and said “don’t buy that , its got two dents in the seat stays” (they were obvious manufacturing intent for pedal clearance) I felt v sorry for the honest seller..

Kit
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed arguing with that.

MrOvershoot

Perhaps I should be glad our work IT block’s the OP’s pictures link

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

All I can say is good on you for getting something for free from a company who manage to sell stuff for silly money. Dunno what Oakleys start at but I know what they go up to!
    The berk that complaining is only envious of your good fortune, simples.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed arguing with that.

Why can’t more people on here have that attitude.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Make some money, we are not all bloody hippies.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Is it a "bit rich" to sell something which you received for free?’ is closed to new replies.