Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Is Gordon Brown the re-incarnation of David Koresh?
  • binners

He seems like his natural successor to me. A paranoid delusional man holed up in his lair with his shrinking band of brain-washed disciples. He's just issued the statement

"We have a parliamentary system in the UK, not a presidential one. With no party possessing a majority, his duty is to ensure that the business of government continues while the parties talk"

In other words: "I'm ****ing well staying here!!! You can all **** right off. You ****ers!!!!!'

Do you reckon he's been stockpiling arms?

Coyote
    Free Member

He's standing down.

trailmonkey

Isn't it his constitutional obligation to stay for the time being ?

Coyote
    Free Member

Check the BBC. He's standing down.

kimbers

binners FAIL

midlifecrashes

No he's not, he's saying he'll hang around until a new labour leader is picked over the summer. This opens the way for Clegg to go into coalition with Labour, with a PM of guess who? Gordon!

kimbers

hes saying on the tv right now hes standing down

and labour will have a leadership election which he will not take part in

midlifecrashes

really?

porterclough
    Free Member

hes saying on the tv right now hes standing down

after the Labour conference in the Autumn – he wants to stay on until then to "ensure the economic recovery and oversee the setting up of a stable government"

in other words "please can I just stay PM for a little bit longer, go on, pleeeeease"

tron
    Free Member

More Stalin.

midlifecrashes

Felt a bit sick watching that

kimbers

clegg for pm

15 million votes for lib dems

10 million voted tory

fptp is amazing

the-muffin-man

Junkyard
    Free Member

would you prefer we had no PM till they had finished chatting?
    I think he HAS to stay whatever his personal view. Well he has fallen on his sword which was inevitable.

cynic-al
    Free Member

10 million voted tory

Eh?

midlifecrashes

Hoping Clegg has mugged Brown into doing this to force Cameron to get a move on/cave on some sticking point. Gordo has been putting off any decisions for the last year and clinging on to the last minute, expecting to be slung out at the election, if he got an encore it'd be the same for the next six months.

the-muffin-man

…second thoughts lets not party as it means the Lib Dems have done a deal with Labour!

Oh well – at least the public sector peeps will be very happy.

tron
    Free Member

10 million voted tory

How the hell do you work that out? The BBC says 36.1% of the Vote went to the Tories, 29% to Labour, 23% Lib Dems, Wikipedia says 10.6M, 8.6M and 6.8M respectively.

trailmonkey

…second thoughts lets not party as it means the Lib Dems have done a deal with Labour!

Oh well – at least the public sector peeps will be very happy.

Well, excuse them for wanting to keep their jobs. 🙄

tron
    Free Member

Well, excuse them for wanting to keep their jobs.

I'd like to see a fair few of them out on their ear, or made to do some work. Having worked in both, I can say that there's a great deal of mickey taking in the public sector.

kimbers

sorry meant 15 million voted lib or lab
    10 million voted con

so if lib/lab pact is made clegg could easily ask for pmship

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

Which of course he has abolsutely no chance of getting. 258 seats vs 57 seats. No way Labour would ever agree to let the Cleggster be PM.

Good news that Gordo is standing down though. He seems to have finally woken up and smelled the coffee and realised that no one really likes him. Even his own party have started on him and perhaps he finally saw sense. Best decision he has made since 1997.

tron
    Free Member

sorry meant 15 million voted lib or lab
    10 million voted con

They voted for Labour or the Liberals though. They didn't vote for a LabLib coalition. I know I'd consider voting Liberal, but certainly not Labour.

You should also note that the tories got more votes than elected Tony Blair in 2005, and almost as many as he did in 2001.

1955 is the last time there was an election where the winner got more votes than the two losers by the way.

IanMunro
    Free Member

They should hold a dance off to settle the matter.

kimbers

soggy biscuit

Junkyard
    Free Member

1955 is the last time there was an election where the winner got more votes than the two losers by the way

yes but the "winner " here has most votes/seats but only a simple majority -most seats…..better to see it as three loosers working out how to make two of them winners. Dont see it as a massive mandate for anything personally.

grahamh
    Free Member

David Koresh, wasn't he the guy that married Liza Minnelli??

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

It's only a problem if you expect the old political certainties. This is modern consensus politics. Get used to it.

BTW. Gordon has a duty to stay on and provide the government until a new one is formed. The alternative is to risk a dangerous anarchy!

elliptic
    Free Member

They voted for Labour or the Liberals though. They didn't vote for a LabLib coalition.

It's hardly a surprise we've got a hung parliament. And given that, it's hardly a surprise the Lib Dems are looking for a deal.

GrahamS

Is it just me that thinks LabLib sounds vaguely rude?

Talkemada
    Free Member

No no no!

do you know who is the reincarnation of David Koresh?

It's Simonfbarnes!

I can't find the pic of Barnes, but it's out there somewhere. Maybe simon himself could oblige?

Seriously, it's really disturbing… 😯

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Ok Gordon you have resigned..so go on then F*ck off NOW! 👿 Most people just give 30 days notice, not 4 effing months.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Is Gordon Brown the re-incarnation of David Koresh?’ is closed to new replies.