Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Is "Flash Forward" on tv in the UK?
  • SST
    Free Member

And if so, is anyone watching it?

uplink
    Free Member

it was on
    I gave in after 2 episodes

MarkDatz
    Free Member

I downlode it it's ok but capricar is wikid awsum much bettar

montylikesbeer
    spence
    Free Member

Was on 5 but seems to have dissapeared halfway through the season.

teef
    Free Member

They stopped showing it as it was the most boring program on television and nobody was watching it

vinnyeh

It's on a break in the States til mid March- I guess 5 will start showing the new episodes a week or so later.

It's pretty weak I think- I guess it's targeted at the 'Lost' market, but seems to have a weak storyline, and uninvolving characters. It's really marginal for renewal for a second season.

skidartist
    Free Member

It was showing concurrently in the States and here. The element I liked about it was that each episode was set 'this week' and when you watch the next episode a week has passed. Compared to Lost where you can watch for years and only 40 odd days have passed, or the whole of Twin Peaks which was a story covering two weeks from Cooper's arrival in town to the discovery of who killed Laura Palmer.

I don't think its brilliant but its entertaining enough. The series took a break for Thanks Giving/Christmas as there wasn't room on the schedule to keep the week by week thing working then they decided to extend that break to cover the winter olympics for the same reason but I think a few extra episodes are being added as result too

Its starting to show up in Channel 5's idents so it'll be back on here when it restarts in the US

easygroove
    Free Member

was on in Oz and then stopped half way through….annoying as i quite enjoyed it

bruneep

I downlode it it's ok but capricar is wikid awsum much bettar

eh? 🙄

jimmy

gave in after 1st episode but happened to see a few bits after. The argument between main character guy and his wife about splitting up was too ridiculous.

Jamie
    Free Member

It stopped due to the Olympics being shown by NBC. As mentioned above it is back in March. It was silly but enjoyable i thought. Full of english actors as well for some reason.

FuzzyWuzzy

I thought it was OK but was certainly starting to drag on a bit before the mid-season break. It's annoying when they seem to want to stretch a single series worth of story out to 3 or 4 seasons (Prison Break and Lost come to mind), it just dilutes the whole thing. At least 24 has reasonably discrete stories.

Nick

I thought it was ok, good day/time for us too, the competition was dire at that time (Celebrity, Miranda), 2 million viewers each week isn't marginal and it was shown is dozens of countries.

Damages is better/more mental though.

Eggbox
    Free Member

I stopped watching flash forward when I came to the conclusion that you could watch only the first 3 minutes and the last 3 minutes and not miss a thing. The middle was pretty much content free. I get the feeling the "plot" is not exactly nailed down by the writers.

…and Caprica…well not sure where that's going…but something needs to happen soon. The pilot was good but the series has been pretty slow IMO.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Can I Flash Forward to the end? Please!

kimbers

i believe it starts again this week or next on 5

just hit series record and in a few weeks time watch the entire thing in one go

spacemonkey

We managed about 5 mins in the middle of the first episode and agreed it was absolute, unadulterated to55.

Mark

We managed about 5 mins in the middle of the first episode and agreed it was absolute, unadulterated to55.

lol 🙂

GrahamS

Yep, just about to restart on FIVE and Worldwide on March 18th I believe.

Looking forward to it. Excellent series IMO.

SST
    Free Member

I'm really enjoying it. We're on episode 7 in south africa 🙂

CountZero

I watch most of the genre tv series for at least three or four episodes just to give the story a chance to develop, but I gave up on Flash Forward after two. Just lacked that crucial something. Gave up on Lost after the second series, same as Heroes. Liking Caprica so far, and True Blood. Fringe is continuing to stay interesting, and I would whole-heartedly recommend Burn Notice, starting on Fiver this week, (tonight, I think). Anyone who's not seen it, it's just brilliant fun, good cast, stylish, great dialogue. Gabby Anwar is amazing, cool, sassy, with a love of big guns and blowing sh1t up. What's not to like?

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

We quite liked it in the MFL household, good to hear that it is returning, was getting fücked off by the absence. I was getting close to the point of having to talk to MrsMFL on a monday evening.

Problem is with my memory they'll have to repeat the first episodes for me to follow mthe sodding story line 🙁

I gavce up on lost after 1/2 series one, and instead watched the stupid "Lost in 10 minutes" that was shown on TV over Xmas. Didn't make me want to bother watching the rest of the series TBH.

rOcKeTdOg

i thought the first episode was quite interesting, but got bored by the others so stopped watching, good premise let down by the writing, could have been a lot lot better

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Is "Flash Forward" on tv in the UK?’ is closed to new replies.