Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • Iphone4
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Who else has one? What a pile of turd!

allthepies
    Free Member

What's up with yours ?

thehustler
    Free Member

I have one but cant use it atm as 3 in their wisdom sent me a faulty sim with it……

jam-bo

Mines ace.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I must have the death grip, keep dropping calls, fine on Bluetooth in the car 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Who else has one? What a pile of turd!

What exactly is the pro Oh what's the point……

dr_death
    Free Member

I've got one and it's fine, you must just have big, spastic hands….

richcc
    Free Member

Mine's ace too. Have you tried holding it properly?

GrahamS

Have you tried using the free "bumpers" or any kind of case on it?

Ewan
    Free Member

I have one, seems fine….? What's wrong with yours?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mines great. It is turned on yeah?

convert

Is it really so much better that the previous versions? My finger has been hovering over the buy it now button (contract) for an iphone 4 for a few days. But I've just been given a supposedly broken 3G with a smashed screen. A £12 new screen from ebay, a bit of a fiddle, a jailbreak and an unlock later and I've got a shiny 3G thats all happy again – £12 total cost to me.

But is the iphone 4 so much better that I could justify giving this one to my wife and getting a new one or should I just use this one myself on a £15pm sim only monthly rolling contract and save a few bob? Decisions, decisions.

Ewan
    Free Member

I broke my 3G, hence the new one. It's not very broken tho, so the bits are on order and it'll shortly be my wifes…

I tried facetime out the other day, was quite good I thought, if nothing else there's certainly an 'adult' hotline market for it!

timdrayton
    Free Member

Galaxy s people thats what the kids are buying

Drac

I have a 3GS my Bro who is Mr anti mobiles bought a iPhone 4 he loves it, tried and yes very nice faster, lovely display. I can get it to drop the signal by holding it on the 'wrong' spot but I've had that on other phones too.

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

But is the iphone 4 so much better that I could justify giving this one to my wife and getting a new one or should I just use this one myself on a £15pm sim only monthly rolling contract and save a few bob? Decisions, decisions.

I bought a dead 3G (8Gb) on Ebay and fixed it – My first iPhone.

I'm currently on O2's iPhone SIM only £15 (12 month contract) and very happy.

I was very very very tempted to sell it for a profit and get the iPhone4, but when I dislocated my knee and landed on the phone I realised that I was much happier to have gouged/scratched a 2nd hand phone that a bling new one.

I'd love to have multitasking, but that would mean a 3GS or iPhone4.

For me, it comes down to pennies saved, once the initial want want want want fever has passed.

I've played with the iPhone4 in-store and they are nice, but maybe in a year or so…..

convert

Drac – but would the difference between the two be worth circa £500 over two years to you?

8gb to 32gb would mean not farting about managing which music/podcasts/films were on it too I guess. The length of time this battery lasts on this one could wind me up too. Can you tell I'm trying to talkmyself into it!

convert

Isaac – very wise words – I need to heed them!

Multitasking – if you upgrade the operating system to os4 then jailbreak it with redsn0w you get the option to have a 3g multitasking during the jailbreak. Does not seem too slow, but then again I've got nothing to compare it to.

Drac

Drac – but would the difference between the two be worth circa £500 over two years to you?

Hmmm! Lot of cash but the difference between the 3G and 4 is huge so yes if you can spare the case but still costly.

IanMunro
    Free Member

A work colleague's got one, along with an ipad and an iphone 3gs.
    The iphone's 4 display goes white if you press on the upper half, and the ipad home button failed after 45 minutes of use, but apart from that they've been great!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OOO I've wanted an i phone since last November! Carphone muppet house kept lying about when my contract runs out and turns out it was 8th July! so really want an i phone 4 and Tessco is sold out ….. I'll just keep waiting until they get some in (as Tesco is the cheapest way to get the i phone 4)! HOpefully not too long as my 7 year old Samsung annoying me now and I want to join the hordes or sheep 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

but would the difference between the two be worth circa £500 over two years to you?

Not scientific by any means, but gives you a general idea.

timdrayton
    Free Member

Munge chgo check out the galaxy s

Its got a 4" hd screen, its way better than the iphone 4imho

Drac

Blimey that's a huge difference Jamie, didn't realise it was that much.

I've had Samsungs on the past, great phones good awful interfaces.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Got a judasphone4 and it really is very good, and I hate apple!

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

TimDrayton so didn't know about the Samsung Galaxy s .. looks quite nice! mmm not sure now though .. especially since I know a lot of folk on here go on about HTC various ones!

CountZero

The iPhone 4's screen is faultless, having the extra memory, both RAM and storage means it doesn't hang up and stop displaying photos after long 'net sessions, the GPS is much faster at acquiring satellite lock-on, and is more accurate. Viewranger is fantastic with the hi-res screen, the camera is lovely and really easy to use. Oh, and mine doesn't drop calls, although, to be fair I do have a case to protect the glass back and the sides from chipping. Great phone and pocket computer, I loved my 3G, but the 4 is a whole new ball-game.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

OOOO come on Tesco get some more in stock! I WANT ONE ………….. 😉

Drac

Isn't tesco 3 so coverage is a bit poop?

Jamie
    Free Member

O2 is the way to go surely?

CountZero

Oh, and the Orange Wednesdays app works nicely on O2 as well.

Drac

Last time I looked vodafone were cheaper than o2 might be wrong though.

convert

I'm thinking three – comparisons

I rarely go anywhere near big cities and Three's 3g coverage seems a little better in the sticks – or at least as good as Orange….

scraprider
    Free Member

i love mine , no probs here , can it be jail broke yet ????

footflaps

Love my 4G, the screen quality just blows you away. Gave my 3GS to my GF but will probably get her a 4G as well.

Best phone I've owned by miles.

Jamie
    Free Member

scraprider – Member
    i love mine , no probs here , can it be jail broke yet ????

Just been released an hour ago, Confirmed working on my 3GS running iOS 4.0. Some have had issues with losing MMS and Facetime so hold back if unsure, see FAQ link.

Browse to the following link via your iPhone:

http://jailbreakme.com

FAQ: http://claytonbraasch.blogspot.com/2010/08/faq-on-new-jailbreakme-20.html

spacemonkey

Having had Android and WinMo devices for the last 3 years, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my shiny new iPhone 4 in the next few hours.

It probably helps that I've recently bought a MBP and have started using this to manage all my personal "stuff" (which can sync with my iPhone). That, and the strength of the App Store has done it for me.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Nope Tesco is on O2 so exactly what I'm on now. And nope Tesco is cheaper as it's on a 12 month contract and can drop onto SIM only so over 18 months or 24 it works out way cheaper.

convert

I did the maths and three works out a lot cheaper than Tesco assuming you are planning on using the phone for at least 2 years:-

Assume Iphone4 32Gb

Tesco -> £429 purchase + 12 X £20 for initial contract + 12 X £15 cheapest iphone sim only contract for remaining 12months = £849

Three -> £189 purchase + 24 X £30 for 24 month contract = £769 – £64 if you buy contract by accessing site through quido co = £705.

It's the same for the 16gb version too. You are tied to a longer contract which could be bad news if you destroy your phone in the first few months, but you don't need to find a big lump of cash at the beginning either.

Its a moot point for me as around the area I live O2's 3g service is so poor most original iphoners struggled to justify the ownership so the tesco offering using O2 is not worth using.

GrahamS

Its a mute point for me

Pardon..? 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘Iphone4’ is closed to new replies.