• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by P20.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Iphone charger cases – whats good and what is bad
  • alba23
    Free Member

Iphone4 charger case – Anybody use one
    What’s good or bad.

GrahamS

You mean like a battery case ?

This is a good one, discreet and good capacity (1500mAh).
    http://www.mophie.com/mophie-juice-pack-air-iPhone-4-4s-battery-case-p/1145_jpa-ip4-blk.htm

alanbill99

I’ve used one on my 3GS ever since I’ve been using Strava.
    Doubles battery life.
    Works a treat!

sharkbait
    Free Member

I have a 3GS one I’d probably sell

jamesmio
    Free Member

@ Sharkbait – what you after for it?

alba23
    Free Member

Yes that morphiie one looks like what im after . Its for an iphone4.

spooky_b329

I was about to suggest ‘whats the point, just buy a second battery’…

then I realised we are talking iPhones…

Unfortunately it seems other manufacturers are going for the integrated battery approach 🙁

legolam
    Free Member

I’ve had a cheapie New Trent one for my iphone 4 from 7dayshop for the last couple of years and it’s been fine. Cost about £20 AFAIK. I use it on all day ski trips (9 hours ish) to track the GPS (often with 2 tracking apps running) and it’s never died on me yet.

Rio

whats the point, just buy a second battery

Great for an old-style mobile phone, but if anyone can come up with a way of changing the battery on a smartphone while your tracking app is still running I’ll be very impressed.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

+1 for Mophie juice pack air. Reliable, Good ergonomics, improves the sound from the phone, great customer service – repaced mine without a quibble after I dropped it with the charger plugged in, wrecking the connector.

CountZero

I used battery cases with my iP3G, but for my iP4 I just had a hunt through the interwebz and found a 5000mAh battery with two USB ports, with that I can get two or three charges out of it, it’ll charge my iPod, my two Mini-X speakers, and other USB devices, like my Lumix camera, my Pure One tranny…
    Replaceable batteries in phones are a pita, they compromise the phone’s structure, and are dodgy to carry; shorted Ii-Ion batteries explode. When you consider that an iPhone is virtually all battery inside, how are you going to design it so the battery can be removed, without making either the battery smaller, or the phone bigger?
    This is what you want, much more useful than a battery pack:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet®-Dual-Port-Universal-Incredible-Blackberry/dp/B000NDQ92W

P20

I think they’re called technet from amazon. Had one for the 3GS and now the 4s. Both good, way better than the mophie that they replaced. Half the price of the mophie too

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Iphone charger cases – whats good and what is bad’ is closed to new replies.