Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Intervening, or not, in a one sided domestic. (first ever serious post content)
  • kudos100
    Free Member

Unless someone is getting a pasting it is better not to get involved. Even then it could go badly.

Years ago, I was walking back from the pub with some mates and saw it kicking off up ahead.

When we got closer we saw a guy chinning a woman who was knocked out straight away and smashed her head on the ground.

Another group of guys saw this as well, and we all started to run after the guys who did it. A few seconds later a bmw pulls up and a huge guy jumps out with a large plank of wood, threatening to kick the sh1t out of anyone who comes near. The guys who did it jump in and they all drive off.

The kind of people who will punch a woman full force in the face are extremely unpleasant and could easily jump up and down on your head if you get involved and lose.

Afterwards we found out it was a well known ‘family’ who were known for violence.

You may end up as the knight in shining armour, or you could potentially end up in hospital.

A friend of my cousins was killed when he tried to intervene in a fight and got stabbed.

grantway
    Free Member

Had something similar a few months back and Asian, where they guy was calling her a FFing sxxg
    and then went to went to hit her, I jumped in then he started moaning at look what you have done and then went for a bit of wood and I then picked up one too and said OK lets have some fun!

She then started to pull him away and then they was kissing each other and walked off holding hands ?

Just enjoy your Birthday!

Think twice of getting involved mind

Edukator
    Free Member

Happy birthday, Jamie, and welcome back, JHJ.

yossarian
    Free Member

Getting in between 2 people rarely works out the way you want it to.

Unless you are prepared to put someone out don’t do it. Best bet is effectively what you did; make it apparent you are aware and if possible make it apparent you are speaking to security guard or the police about it.

rOcKeTdOg

I’d have had lemon drizzle instead

Jamie
    Free Member

The day started badly when they’d run out of carrot cake 🙁

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

On the subject of gifs you could watch all day…

bencooper
    Free Member

Advice from professionals is not to intervene, but inform police etc. The woman will often intervene against you because she doesn’t want to be punished later for “making” you intervene. Equally she may well suffer retribution later because you stepped in.

It’s really tempting to be the knight in shining armour, but if the couple know each other it’s not simple.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Asda next time……you’ll be the only one not doing it.

bearnecessities

For God’s sake. The ‘woman’ was Jamie and the ‘aggressor’ was Mark. Plus, it was in a Waitrose..free coffee.

Happy Birthday, omnipotent one 🙂

Rorschach
    Free Member

How do you know he can’t get an erec…………….ohhhh ‘omni’potent 😳

Jamie
    Free Member

For God’s sake. The ‘woman’ was Jamie and the ‘aggressor’ was Mark. Plus, it was in a Waitrose..free coffee

John Lewis free coffee and cake actually. 😡

cynic-al
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader!
    This was all pretty one sided. Akin to someone kicking a puppy…..which, ironically, I would have let loose the dogs of hell on his ass if that had been the case.

So you are an internet hard man after all….who likes puppies.

bearnecessities

If that was a manifesto for a particular party leader, I must just get interested in politics.

Jamie
    Free Member

Innit. If this had happenes in an internet chat room, I’d a slapped the punk down with some frowny emoticons.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m more worried that hoi polloi like Jamie are being allowed in to John Lewis.

It’s the beginning of the end, clearly.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Just do it the way a friend of mine of morally dubious persuasion does it, run up to them from behind and right hook them in the back of the head and then run off.

However, my medical science background tells me this is a bad idea and a good way to end up on a manslaughter charge or worse.

yorkycsl
    Free Member

Agree with the comments re the woman turning on the person who intervened, had it happen to me several years ago, came out of a local taxi rank to hear a girl screaming, found her on her hands & knees the big fella has got hold of her be her hair she’s bleeding from nose & mouth, her top is torn to shreds & I walk past finding it hard to keep quiet, he looks at me says Do You Want Some, Bingo fuse lit I wade in & he’s on the floor, head but seemed to do the trick, she gets up & what a mess this poor girl is, her talons pop out & she’s aiming at me, I stand there in disbelief while mate stops her from removing my eye balls,,, eventually she calms down understands what a tool he is, walks away telling him she’s finally reporting him to the police & not to come hear, but had mate not stopped her I’d be wearing deep gouges down my face for the rest of my life, now my actions would be walk away but call 999

legend
    Free Member

Jamie – Freeloader!
    Nearly forgot…
    OMGZ we’re birthday buddiez!!1!

POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

For the record – he’s Goose.

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I wouldn’t have physically intervened, but the guy knew you had picked up what was going on. As I was leaving I would have said “I don’t know what is going in in your relationship, but you (looking at the fella) know you are out of order, and you (looking at the girl) don’t need to put up with that.”

I would then swiftly leave the scene and report my concerns. In Scotland if what you have heard has placed you in fear or alarm, it is a Breach of the Peace. The Police are running a Domestic Violence awareness campaign at the moment, and this ticks all the boxes.

Unfortunately I am seeing an increase in this kind of threatening/controlling behaviour in teenage relationships. Apparently 1 in 5 teenage girls have experienced violence at the hands of their boyfriend. Sad.

philxx1975
    Free Member

As the white guy, your going to get the grand title of ****insert minority here**** basher so no win, walk off leave em to it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

For the record – he’s Goose.

In the back seat, to the rear, as it were?

Junkyard
    Free Member

As the white guy, your going to get the grand title of ****insert minority here**** basher so no win, walk off leave em to it.

What a load of paranoid nonsense that is.

Jamie
    Free Member

In the back seat, to the rear, as it were?

No, as in I went on to play Dr Mark Greene in ER.

maccruiskeen

Now, I’ve never really been in a situation like this, and it’s doing my nut that I didn’t do anything more.

To be frank you did a lot more than most people would. Something that perpetuates abusive relationships is it seems to those involved that no one notices – it gives the abuser impunity and it gives the victim the sense that theres nowhere to turn. That little bit of interaction could change things for both parties – you burst the bubble a little bit – its a little bit harder for either of them to feel that whats going on is either normal or OK.

And many happy returns.

On the subject of gifs you could watch all day…

Its not a gif, its a webcam.

julzm
    Free Member

As some said above, the woman will often take her partners side with the hope that he will give her the credit for this and not punish her over the incident. It’s very easy to judge but unless you have been in an abusive relationship ( where one party, the abuser, is significantly stronger than the other) you cannot imagine the fear that pervades everything.

Jamie you did the right thing. However, the reality is this is probably that couples normality especially since it was being demonstrated so freely. Very sad and distressing situation but you did all you could in the circumstances.

Kryton57

Jamie – Freeloader!
    No, as in I went on to play Dr Mark Greene in ER.

Did you get to shag Abby? I can’t rember. If you did I hate you.

Lifer
    Free Member

Mate has a brilliant scar on his bicep where a girl glassed him and basically scooped up a big chunk of his arm when he intervened after her ‘man’ gave her a pasting in a beer garden.

The only time I’ve been close to it was with a few mates chatting to a couple of girls when two ne’er do wells came over and rebuked them (using very agricultural language) for daring to have a conversation with any other member of the opposite sex. They all walked off together, with the chaps still robustly chastising their respective ladies, when one of them punched his girl in the face. She dropped like a stone and was out. We started in their direction but (thankfully) a couple of bouncers from the pub across the road had seen it all as well and got there first. And how.

But…

‘different culture’ and ‘broken society’ is absolute bobbins.

Also:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY3KeOfKS7g[/video]

konabunny
    Free Member

zippykona – Member
    “It’s a cultural thing” is no excuse.
    POSTED 5 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

it’s a load of bobbins anyway, seeing as it’s only in the last couple of decades in some parts of the world where some domestic violence has sometimes been treated seriously. just about everywhere else in time and space it’s been practically unpunished.

Viewing 29 posts - 41 through 69 (of 69 total)

The topic ‘Intervening, or not, in a one sided domestic. (first ever serious post content)’ is closed to new replies.