Viewing 27 posts - 121 through 147 (of 147 total)
  • Interesting kids' names you've heard recently…
  • steelfan
    Free Member

Have come across many names in the schools I teach but the one that stands out is a young lad called Jet Rock!

bakey

I went to school with a boy called Tracey; as you can imagine, he was dead hard and no one took the mickey.

I wanted to call our youngest Oscar, but was outvoted (mothers' votes count for two…)

mattsccm
    Free Member

Have taught Noah and Naphtali. Brother of Benjamin and Zephinia who Luckiy I didn't teach.
    A girl friend taught a Crystal Delia. Never dared ask if her middle name was Shannon. (shortend)
    How about Darius? God I dislike that child!
    Off to a normal ish school tomorrow so not too many there.

Spaceman
    Free Member

An old school friend called his daughter Amber, as a big Celtic fan he had wanted to call her after the green semi precious stone….

My doctor when I lived in Headingley was called Phillip Iles, girlfriend used to have contact with a lady in the far east who had chose Fanny as her anglicised name for ease of communication. Her surname? Pad.

I've heard this one so often i thought it was an urban myth but doctor friend says she was present at the birth, twins in Lanarkshire called Armani and Versace McClatchy

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I knew there was one I'd forgotten. I have a cousin on Manchester who has two friends – a twin brother and sister called, I shit you not, Oscar and Oscarina.

BillMC

I knew a Norwegian family in London who changed their name from Conquicavist (?sp) to Conquest and they had a son called Norman.

I taught a nasty piece of work called Zubair and a few right monsters called Beauty. I marked exam papers for a Deepa Mistry, Anil Mistry and a girl called Manmeet. I laughed like a drain.

dano
    Free Member
    TijuanaTaxi
    Free Member

Heard a proud earth mother type calling her male offspring last week, heo had the rather unusual name of Thurston (not too sure of the spelling)

hora
    Free Member

Thats a point. The term 'hero' has been over-used soo much…how long before its applied to a child as a name?

rockitman

Ex wife's mum used to teach a pair of twins:

Syndney & Pearl Harbour

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I remember hearing a (church) minister on Radio Scotland one evening being asked if he'd ever tried to discourage parents from giving their children unusual names. He mentioned that he'd only ever felt the need to do it once, when the parents wanted to call their daughter – "vagina".

toys19
    Free Member

hora – Member

Thats a point. The term 'hero' has been over-used soo much…how long before its applied to a child as a name?

I kniw a child called Hero. It's a cool name.

HitchinBoro
    Free Member

My mam had a "Beckham" in her class a few years back.

My missus and I have already thought of plenty of "interesting" names for our kids including Finsbury, Ludo, Rusty, Dusty and Teddy – better than Richard which is my boring name.

tinker-belle
    Free Member

I also know a Cosmo – apprently it's a Scottish name

Know a couple who named their daughter Katherine Yasmine Jelly – KY Jelly – poor kid!

My uncle is a minister so provided me with this list of no go names when we were coming up with TBjuniors name

Twins – Tia and Maria
    Twins – Jinn and Tonica
    Younger sister of Chardonay – Cabernet
    Girl Called Wiskey
    Boy called Baileys (I could understand Bailey)
    The odd thing is he's a Methodist Minister and they're not supposed to drink?

One of the women that was pregenant at the same time as me, named her little boy Kai, the day before the Rooney's announced their little boys name!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Don't know your shakespear that well then Hora?

atlaz
    Free Member

My mum wanted to call me Tristram. In mid-70s Grimsby and coming from a Barnsley mining family my dad decided that wasn't on and got me named something else. And I'm glad he did.

heihei

My lad's middle name is Turner…..after my 5-Spot of course!!

Macgyver

My sister works in schools and knows of a family who's kids have some pretty unusual names. I believe one is called Widget Sein Fein. I suspect the chances of finding someone with the same name is rather distant!

lil-lisa
    Free Member

I did want to call tb jnr "Julianna" after my Santa Cruz, but it was veto'd 🙁
    I guess it's only fair as I had veto'd dekerf if she had been a boy

mrsflash
    Free Member

lil-lisa, Juliana is under discussion for ours if it's a girl – more after Furtado as she is a hero of mine, but I do own one as well [grin]

atlaz
    Free Member

Friend also called his son "Ralf Mika" after the F1 drivers and his daughter "Ellen" because he's a Leeds fan and couldn't figure out any way to name her after something Leeds related without his wife beating him to death.

sambob
    Free Member

one of the best i have ever heard has to be, and i kid you not, Dwayne Pipe :O

Popocatapetl

My wife has just had her 20 week scan and we are expecting a boy on the 5th of October, so i'm following this thread with great interest! I've got a friend who called his daughter "Twinkle Star". she is now affectionately known as "Twinks", poor soul!

fraseruk
    Free Member

I've heard a boy called Kangol before, and there is a boy at my lad's nursery called Nevis which I sort of like.

I'm pretty sure the Germans have resolved the issue of dubious names by having a big list that you have to choose from – I think Hitler was removed from the list after WW2!

yardey01
    Free Member

I have two Canadian nephews; one is called John Wayne and the other is called Sam Colt.
    I also work with a Richard Brown and a Richard Fidler..

miketually
    Free Member

I was at school with a Wayne King…

wrightyson
    Free Member

I kept this a secret at school for fear of death, but my middle name is Emerson, named after the f1 driver fiitipaldi, and my brother in laws is Dayton, which I think is qutie rare too.

Viewing 27 posts - 121 through 147 (of 147 total)

The topic ‘Interesting kids' names you've heard recently…’ is closed to new replies.