Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Interesting daily driver for £3500
  • TiRed

Just to say DON’T buy a RS Renault Twingo 133. Son1 put mine into the barriers of the M25 in the wet. He is fine, and Renault safety showed its class. But now I’m looking for another one and there are only about 15 in the country!

igm

For info, I could get 2 29er wheels in the boot of a Mk2.5 MX-5 and the frame strapped flat on the boot rack.

Brief case and change of clothes for riding after work fitted in the passenger seat.

My wife had a bigger car with a roof rack for family rides at the weekend.

Ran like that for 6 months until I got my next company car (S-Max).

jamesfts
    Free Member

I was in the exact same boat after my petrol VRS estate was written off by a van a few years ago.

I bought a slightly tweaked (300bhp with brakes and suspension sorted) Focus ST 225 with the 5 pot Volvo lump. If you can get past the image of them I think you’d struggle to beat it for bang for the buck. I paid £3700 for mine and sold it for £3750 3 years later having only added fuel, tyres and brake pads. Made a fantastic noise, went well, had all the extras you could want (auto everything, heated screen, heated Recaro leather) and handling was surprisingly good for a fwd hatch with a big heavy engine.

Only intended keeping it until insurance paid out but ended up running it for 3 years, was genuinely sad to see it go.

timber

Panda 100hp is a good fun little car that won’t bother the speed limits as much as something newer or bigger and cheap to run as long as you don’t smash a bumper. Got a bike in picking it up after MoT, not realising pushchair and car seat were still in it – just front wheel off. Nice and lively from 5000rpm.

However, if you very much like something comfortable and fast it’s not for you. Ride is hard on standard bump stops and 45 profile, no cruise control, you will get fed up of stuff blasting past on the straights and mincing through the corners. Sport button makes the accelerator all or nothing.

Speshpaul

8my daughter is running a fiesta mk7 Zetec s 1.6 petrol.
    And it’s a hoot. Proper little go cart without the overheads or mad trying to kill you power.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Interesting daily driver for £3500’ is closed to new replies.