Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Inbred 29er
  • wors

Anyone ride one, what do you think?

ski
    Free Member

wors – Compared to my standard 26 853 inbred, the 29er is very smooth & has great traction, great for long rides, still prefer the 26′ for the fun tight stuff, but the 29er is now getting more use than the 26′.

Sorry not compared it to any other 29er’s, it might come out a tad heavey compared to others, but the weight is a none issue for me tbh.

spindi
    Free Member

I’ve got a Scandal so the geometry would be the same. Super value too. I imagine it’s more comfortable but a bit heavier though. From me they come highly recommended. I don’t see any reason to buy anything else.

thomthumb
    Free Member

went form a 26″ inbred to a 29er scandal. tis ace. got it set up with rigid forks single speed and flat bars. wish i could afford to have a geared inbred 29er too.

wors

Cheers for that. It would be used for long rides non techical and my 8 mile off road commute. Got my blue pig for ‘normal’ mountain bike stuff.

spindi
    Free Member

Took my 29er out for a spin on the snow/ice and you definitely notice the extra grip. Put some skinnies on there for the commute. Best of both worlds.

ski
    Free Member

Cheers for that. It would be used for long rides non techical and my 8 mile off road commute.

Has anyone played around with disk hubs & road rims for commuting on a 29er?

pypdjl
    Free Member

Yes, I have been using mine as a commuter, I think they are mavic A119 rims I’m using, have been running cross tyres on it recently for a bit of grip in the snow. Brakes are avid bb7s. Seems to be working fine.

Clink

Great frames. Heavy but comfy. Climb well despite weight – works well with the carbon rigid fork.

wors

Anyone got the weight of a geared rigid version? Ta

spindi
    Free Member

Has anyone played around with disk hubs & road rims for commuting on a 29er?

I have the On-One 29er wheelset and you can get some seriously skinny tyres for them. I rode it around a bit like that since that’s the way that it came from the seller. Got some Ardent’s on now since I hardly ever ride on the road.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Inbred 29er’ is closed to new replies.