Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • In car smokers
  • 2wheelsg00d
    Free Member

So i was sat in my car in traffic today when the guy in the car in front flicked his cigarette butt out of the window. It got me thinking, why do people do that when you have an ash tray in the car? As a non smoker i dont get it, any thoughts?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Doesn't need emptying if you never use it, does it?

AndyP
    Free Member

I don't have a problem with it. They're opening their windows in order to litter, which means that their nice upholstery and clothing is a prime target for a blast of PSP22.

nickc

Have you ever smelt a car that has old fags in the ashtray? It's so revolting even smokers can't stand it.

It's the one place I won't allow the missus to smoke…

GW
    Free Member

ooohh!! the Forum's own Charles Bronson!! 😈

flip
    Free Member

Don't get me started on smoking 👿

And smokers 👿

br
    Free Member

probably a company car, and they are not allowed to smoke in them, so they've got the 'non-smokers' pack…

mtbfix

As a bit part smoker even I wonder at the propensity for fags, their cling wrap and packets being thrown away by all users. A form of casual littering that can now be punished in that London with an £80 fine.

augustuswindsock

I was filling up the car in sainsbury's in Middlesbrough recently, a chavvy family on other side of pump were chuffing away merrily whilst mum filled up, dumped a load of rubbish next to the bin, paid got in the car and lit up a fag herself, 3 adults smoking away, it was then I noticed the little girl in the child seat, 'enjoying' the passive smoking as they pulled away, poor little tyke, it was depressing to see.

z1ppy

it seem a large amount of cars no longer come with ashtrays (was shocked at this, when my g/f bought a newish car back in 05), still no excuse for littering.

greasystain
    Free Member

My boss got a letter a few years ago. He'd been seen throwing a used cigarette but out of the car window.

He got a substantial fine.

I laughed…. a lot.

binners

Aaaaaaah how refreshing. The weekly 'lets have a pop at smokers thread.

*yawns*

binners

warton
    Free Member

a bit off topic I was out on sunday, in the pub, and it was the first time i didn't feel like i wanted a tab when the smokers went outside, happy days.almost 4 months since my last one now.

Personally I always hated smoking in the car. its too small a space

nickc

Feeling persecuted binners? Not noticed a weekly "smoker hater" thread here before.

Cool tee shirt though 🙂

Edukator
    Free Member

There's far worse coming out of your exhaust pipe as you sit there self-righteously condeming the smoker for his nub end. As long as they don't throw them at me I don't mind much what drivers do with their nub ends, they'll get washed out to sea and bio-degraded. However, I would appreciate you all leaving your cars at home more often when you go out. I'll breathe easier.

nbt

smokers are ****. go on, prove me wrong.

binners

TO be honest, I don't smoke in the car, just as I don't smoke in the house. Its rank!!!

Thats why god invented pubs. Alas…. no longer 🙁

binners

NBT – so are non-smokers though. go on, prove me wrong 🙂

nickc

Although I have to say, pubs are nicer places now.

jon1973
    Free Member

Aaaaaaah how refreshing. The weekly 'lets have a pop at smokers thread.

Not all smokers, just the ones that throws their dog ends out of the window. It can be dangerous if you're on a motorbike behind someone who flicks a smouldering cigerette end out of their window.

ElVino

The only problem with smoking is that it doesn't kill people quickly enough.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

When Damon Hill was a motorbike messenger if he saw anyone throwing litter and fag ends out of a car window he'd pick it up, catch them up and throw it back in their window- brilliant.

doof_doof
    Free Member

I always wondered why they smoke driving with the window open? Surely you get better value-per-puff by sealing it in and breathing it in again to enjoy the smokey goodness? Or are they worried about oxygen depletion?

samuri
    Free Member

Now I'm an ex-smoker I'm *right* up for having a go at smokers. Selfish bastards. When I march into New Zealand or Wales and become Supreme Lord I'll not allow any smokers in. Unless we're looking for hunting sport.

You're first Binners.

firestarter
    Free Member

my mate got a fag end in the open visor whilst riding his motorbike could have been nasty. He's also been hit by a bag of chips and half a can of coke so must be unlucky lol guess thats why he sold it 🙂

BigDummy
    Free Member

It can be dangerous if you're on a motorbike behind someone who flicks a smouldering cigerette end out of their window

I can see it now. Motorist casually flicks cigarette butt out of car window, it lodges in the leathers of passing biker, who starts smouldering, streaming black smoke and flames, ignites fuel tank, blazing fireball of death careens wildly down motorway embankment and explodes in children's playgrund.

How many needless deaths are caused in theis manner every day? Won't someone think of the children? 🙂

EDIT following mick's: if it's just about getting something in your eye when you're riding a bike at 100mph while not wearing the special thing that's designed to stop that happening then that's less exciting.

firestarter
    Free Member

lol 🙂

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I'm an occasional smoker (tried giving up god knows how many times) – I never smoke in the car or in the house, and I never smoke in front of my kids (and try to avoid doing so whenever any kids are about). I know the risks involved, and would never try to condone what I do. I think the bottom line is that some people will always resort to being selfish, ill mannered to**ers, whether they smoke or not.

binners

samuri – You better hope that I don't become supreme being first. I'm going to reverse the law and make smoking in pubs compulsory.

If you don't smoke, you're not coming in. Simple!The balance needs redressing. We can all sit inside smoking at flicking the vees at the non-smokers.

Before keeeling over and dying obviously

jon1973
    Free Member

EDIT following mick's: if it's just about getting something in your eye when you're riding a bike at 100mph while not wearing the special thing that's designed to stop that happening then that's less exciting.

So you justify the anti-social behaviour of one person by blaming the other person for not avoiding it? Anyhow, a lit cigerette hitting you're visor when you're doing 70 on the motorway is still dangerous.

Don't know why people would be defending this, even at it's lowest level it's littering. when was that acceptable?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I smoke modestly, never in the car or the house, or around my son ever.
    I've been hit in the face by a fag butt flicked out of the window before.
    Smokers are now only able to smoke outside pubs, which i prefer as i dont like smelling of bonfires after popping out for a pint either. Its not particularly nice, but as long as its not affecting anyone else out there, whats the problem. These days its more socially acceptable to be a heroin or crack addict!

Why all the nasty hateful comments samurai? Nothin worse than a born again non smoker. Biggest bunch of intolerant hypocrites out there!!

bereavementmonkey
    Free Member

not as dangerous as a half eaten burrito!!! Thats how I role.

Taff
    Free Member

I thought smoking behind the wheel got you an on the spot fine. The same as eating and drinking but not as severe as being on the mobile. Thought it was deemed distrating and therfore dangerous.. by the way did you see Top Gear with the Range Rover with a million gadgets?!

samuri
    Free Member

Why all the nasty hateful comments samurai? Nothin worse than a born again non smoker. Biggest bunch of intolerant hypocrites out there!!

Knowing how some people struggle with humour on here if I'm joking about things I'll put something really silly in my posts to ensure there's no confusion. If you look closely you'll see those silly things.

user-removed
    Free Member

Guilty. I chuck my home-rolled tab ends out the window but absolutely detest littering of any kind – really boils me blood so it does. My little anachronism which I've learned to live with….

Driving through Glen Sheil a while back, I spotted the car driver in front of me chucking stuff out of his window – crisp packets and sweet wrappers. I had just been contemplating the beauty of the place and got a bit riled – I just could not (and still can not) comprehend how anyone could mess up such an amazing place. I flashed my lights at him and gave him a good tooting.

Still behind him a few minutes later, I finished my rolly and went to chuck it out the window…. Paused for thought and rather shamefacedly put it out in the ashtray… 😳

bigyinn
    Free Member

samuri – Member

Knowing how some people struggle with humour on here if I'm joking about things I'll put something really silly in my posts to ensure there's no confusion. If you look closely you'll see those silly things.
    Smilies usually help get the humour across mate. 😕

julianwilson
    Free Member

There is a big petrol station just up the hill from the towny bit of Pas De La Casa in Andorra. Fifteen years or so ago it was pump attendant only, and ours was smoking as he filled up the car. He dropped his fag in the bin by the pump, which then started producing rather a lot of smoke of its own. Cool as a cucumber, he reached over to a watering can and poured some in the bin. I thought my parents were going to have a stroke.

I haven't been there in ten years but I'm sure the petrol station was still standing then: lord knows how!

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘In car smokers’ is closed to new replies.