Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • In advance : SORRY! Rockshox Reverb is it worth it Q'n?
  • ljs1977
    Free Member

Right so I have got to the other side of Christmas, counted up my money, £200, sold some kit after I have put on what Santa brought me £50

£250, in my wallet. Now being a father and a mortgage whore I NEVER HAVE £250 spare (for me any way)

Is this the time to get a 2012 Reverb or is this just another case of Keyboard rider me falling foul of the forum and mag propaganda?

Help please

hugor
    Free Member

Seems pretty unreliable from what I’ve read here and everywhere else.
    If your pushing the envelope with this purchase I wouldn’t do it.
    If you’ve got the dough then buy 2 cause they’ll both get good use.

Stevelol
    Free Member

Just buy new from a uk dealer with good customer support and you’ll be fine.

A dropper seatpost it’s an incredible upgrade, both my bikes have them and they completely transform most rides.

For what it’s worth, I have kind shock posts, i950r and i900r, both have worked flawlessly for well over a year, just be careful with the cable as it can be a faff.

ruscle
    Free Member

I have had a reverb for a year, riding in all foul conditions and it has never had a problem (probably will pack up tomorrow now!!) They come with a 2 year warranty and the turn around from the dedicated service centre in the UK is very very fast (your looking at 3 days from when sent) The warranty is valid no matter where you buy the post from as RockShox warranties are world wide, so if you want to save some money you may get a post cheaper from a German shop like hibike, their are others which have been mentioned on this forum as well (you can get them for about £170) If you do buy from outside the UK the only problem you will have is that to get it serviced you have to send it through a bike shop as the service centre isn’t set up to except from individual customers so this means you will have to pay the postage. All this info is 100% correct as I got it from the horses mouth (service centre) If you want it serviced by them with no faults then it will cost about £30 which I consider very cheap. Just buy one they are a complete game changer, transforming your weekly rides and riding style for the better they make the descents so much fun. Also make sure you get the bleed kit with it as if you want to shorten the hose length (which you will as its like when you get new brakes) you will need it, they should come with it as standard.

goslow

I was reluctant to spend that much money on one. Got a long service bonus from work and bought one! Not regretted it at all so go for it.

Trimix
    Free Member

I have a reverb, had one since spring last year. Ride every weekend and every Tuesday whatever the weather.

Faultless performance.

Improved my riding and made it all faster, safer, and it all just flows better. Even for XC stuff I use it. Alps it was a must, trail ctrs all the time.

I will not ride without it now. Buy one if you have ever thought of lowering your saddle, buy one if you want to flow faster and safer.

kennyp
    Free Member

Where have you all been buying them from? Any one place particularly recommended?

winrya
    Free Member

I’ve had one a couple of months and nothing transforms the ride like this does. It may seem expensive prior to purchase but once you’ve lived with it a while it’s easily worth the money. 2 of my biking mates bought one this week after going on a couple of rides with me as they were so impressed

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I bought one 2weeks ago. 3 rides in and it’s already playing the **** – loss of travel and sticking at the bottom of it’s travel.

I’ll be stripping it off & sending it to Fisher shortly.

Is it worth it?
    Only you can decide if you think £200 of YOUR money is a worthwhile spend on a seat post – after all you have a QR collar already.

winrya
    Free Member

I had a few issues with sticking and it was caused by me tightening the clamp too tight. Try loosening it and trying it

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I mended it!

Thanks chap

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘In advance : SORRY! Rockshox Reverb is it worth it Q'n?’ is closed to new replies.