Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • I'm gobsmacked,,,, this can't be right
  • bigsi
    Free Member

I've just seen a postman out delivering the mail !!!!!!!!

Thought the delivery bods were on strike today ?

Am i seeing things 😕

coffeeking
    Free Member

Managers stepping in to cover it.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

No you're right. You only need one comma in that title. 😉

ForkingOurSouls
    Free Member

Drivers are striking today, foot deliveries tomorrow. That's what my posty just told me when he dropped off my latest consignment from CRC.

MrNutt
    Free Member

the bills are still getting through! 🙁

bigsi
    Free Member

Nope its the one who normally does the round (sadly not the round we are on) so i know its not a manager or temp.

Anyone else had their post delivered today or seen some being delivered ?

westkipper
    Free Member

The delivery office strike is friday.
    Thursday is only mail(processing) centres that are on strike.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Our postman has just been in in his van. Parcel from Merlin for me! Nice! 🙂

bigsi
    Free Member

Oh ok if the foot/bike delivery is still going today that explains it, but doesn't explain why my post hasn't arrived !

AndyP
    Free Member

it's been nicked?

Flaperon

Our postman has just been in her van. Don't think she's impressed with the strike.

Jamie
    Free Member

Call this a strike? Pah! My mail actually arrived earlier than usual today.

Drac

Yup deliveries are being made today they strike tomorrow.

mieszko
    Free Member

My postman said that they are on strike tomorrow so I do expect to get my wheel, bag and headset today. 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Out of interest, how much does the Union behind this strike pay to the Labour party each year?

anokdale
    Free Member

CFH – I think that is one of the major issues now, the Labour Government receive more "donations' from other Capitalist sources that the more traditional sources ie the Trade Unions so the net result is the same as dear old Maggie achieved, Unions with less power.

(That should see the raise a few heckles) 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Out of interest, how much does the Union behind this strike pay to the Labour party each year?

Is it less than the amount of money Tory donators have in tax havens to avoid paying UK tax?
    Less than George Osbournes income /wealth?
    Less than the 23 directorship are worth for the 19 Tory shadow cabinet minister millionaires?

anokdale
    Free Member

Junkyard – Afraid you can apply the same theory to Labour Donators now.

sputnik
    Free Member

Postie mate of mine says he believed in the previous strike so he joined in. This time he reckons its bollocks so he will be working.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No idea, Junkyard. What has any of that got to do with the postal strike?

Seems to me that a Union which funds the Labour party have a pretty big bargaining chip in their hands.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Perhaps but I just get sick of Cpt and his constant anti labour digs. We all know where his politics lie and how objective he is on any political issue.

I assume the Cpt is not suggesting that the donation has bought them favour with the govertnment /Mandy in this dispute. I assume he knows this is quite clearly not the case and they are at a loggereads with each other.
    I therefore fail to see what th epoint is of mentioning this. Almost all Unions are affiliate dto the labour party as it grew out of the unions … it is hardly a secret or news or relevant.

EDIT: Oh right he is then my mistake his blue blinkers really have affected his ability to read/ be informed then. Did you hear what they said at their strike announcement about Mandy intefering to prevent aggreement? Have you heard what he plans to do with the PO – do the union agree with this? Even for you this is as tenous as can be and rather efuted by facts. Did I miss the govertment wading in on the unions behalf, laying the law down to management and imposing terms to aid their funders?

Trimix
    Free Member

The Union seems to be missing the point a bit. Most of the pissed-off customers will focus their anger and frustration on the Union for calling a strike, not the managment. Then the commercial customers will use someone else.

How can the union be so out of touch ?

Sure, a few will side with the union, but I would be surprised if it was a large percentage. Most customers just want their post, cheap, fast and efficently.

Junkyard
    Free Member

wow thanks for telling us what the majority of the population want/feel and think on this issue. Very helpful. How lucky we have you to do this. Can we save some money on polls and elections and just ask you from now on what we all think/want?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘I'm gobsmacked,,,, this can't be right’ is closed to new replies.