Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • I’ll be the first to say it.
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

This weather is sub-optimum for riding…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Try it on the beach on a fatbike. 😎

P-Jay
    Free Member

Despite the usually anti-fatbike sentiment you may face, I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than visit a beach. I detest them all.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I’d love to try climbing Fremington Edge in this.

martymac

Only in the day time.

it’s friggin beautiful at night.

ransos
    Free Member

rather shit in my hands and clap than visit a beech.

I’d always considered them to be pretty innocuous. Birch can do one, though.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

P-Jay is tree-ist! Bastard! Burn him.

Northwind

Too hot for me to function, sat at the desk eating a magnum and spent the entire rest of the day essentially thinking about eating a magnum but being too hot to go and get it

thepurist

Phew, thought this was going to be about the nights drawing in…

Too hot to bother trying on my commute home

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Did about 4 hours on the bike yesterday at Pitlochry, it was lovely.  8 hours of gardening today was hard going.  Come the end of the week I’m heading for the north west to find some cloud and sweet, sweet rain.

molgrips
    Free Member

I bloody love the heat.  Loving this summer so far.  I love to feel that I’ve had a bit of a baking, and I have.  Brilliant.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s awesome out here, get out and sweat ya old gits..

I’d rather shit in my hands and clap than visit a beach. I detest them all.

Excellent, it’s a shame those that do visit leave all thier rubbish and detritus behind, so one less is better for us who love the beach.

Can you persuade your family and friends to give it a miss too, there’s a chap.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Yesterday was hot enough in the afternoon doing a ~4 hour moderate paced ride, no way was I up for tackling the hotter temps today after waking too late to set off before the morning rush hour.

Don’t hold you breath, but I might try and do a gentle short ride after dinner, now the temps are easing off a little. If I had a squid for every time I’ve thought that this year so far and not done gone for a post-dinner ride, I would have a lot of squids.

johndoh
    Free Member

Up early for a quick 20 mile road ride yesterday before it got too warm. Was lovely.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Not that bad out there just pick your time, the return at 5pm might be a bit warm tomorrow but I’ll stick to the river and it will be fine, think I had about 3 months warmer than this last summer just avoid the peak heat and it’s all fine

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Stop the press, I actually went out for a 30min session of hills, some PBs where I let my frustrations of today out mixed in with some gentle climbing.

Now to see if I wind down before midnight…

P-Jay
    Free Member

Excellent, it’s a shame those that do visit leave all thier rubbish and detritus behind, so one less is better for us who love the beach.

Can you persuade your family and friends to give it a miss too, there’s a chap.

Erm… I don’t litter, nor do my friends or family (as far as I know).

Gunz
    Free Member

After the Winter we’ve had and the number of times I had to stick my feet in the fire in the Feathers in Princetown, I have promised myself that I must not complain about the heat (although I was in Bahrain for six months last year and learnt what hot really is).

epicyclo

Come off it lads, it wasn’t that bad.

I did 130 miles in it.

Mind, that was around Wester Ross so you can rely on a few cooling headwinds.

Was pretty dried out after though.

Kryton57

Stop the press, I actually went out for a 30min session of hills, some PBs where I let my frustrations of today out mixed in with some gentle climbing.

Now to see if I wind down before midnight…

This is me tonight.  Well its that or 90 mins on the turbo on the patio, and I don’t fancy the latter.

Coyote
    Free Member

It’s not that bloody hot! It’s summer, that’s all. Summer. Very annoying that people grumble about the weather for the vast majority of the year and post links to that twee Mint Sauce summer shite then when summer does get here moan that it’s too hot.

arrpee
    Free Member

It’s laaarvely. Rode all day in 25°c the other week and it was grand.

Gleefully breaking Rule 7 helps enormously.

BillMC

Spent yesterday riding along the River Wey, couple of points of Ghost Ship and I still wasn’t rehydrated.

dovebiker

Despite having the choice of 7 bikes in the garage, I took the kayak out on the canal…bit of sprint interval training when the local swan with their 10 cygnets decided to get defensive. They let me past on the far bank and then comes running along the water behind me, flapping his wings – I was waiting to get clattered over the back of the head and impending dunking as I was in a racing kayak – fun times.

PrinceJohn

Yup – It’s lush, the trails are dry, loose & fun. Went out on Saturday in middle of the day it was utterly delightful.

hooli

You are wrong, its ace.

Dry, dusty and warm, the best combination possible for somebody who rides a mountain bike.

anono

I did an independent review of conditions this morning and can confirm that they are officially “Ace”.  Possibly even approaching “Mega”.

Nico
    Free Member

Yesterday I thought I’d be clever and ride to work before it got too hot, and make the most of the lovely dry dusty trails, then catch the (air-conditioned) train home. Turns out the weather is sub-optimal for trains. The rails get all hot and bothered, start to sweat, and then the trains slither all over the place (except from my work to my home). Who knew.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’m in Didcot and happy. Only because I’m waiting for a train to take me to Weymouth for five days of r&r and trying to relax from the work chasing.

Ill be borrowing a bike and also doing photos. Happy happy happy.

IdleJon

The only possible reason to complain could be that the trails are getting overgrown, and bitey insects have gone berserk. Everything else is great.

40mpg

85 miles round the New Forest on the road bike on Sunday, it was perfect! Bit warm when you stop so incentive to keep bumbling on.

Doing the south downs way tomorrow, actually grateful there will be a bit of a headwind.

But generally loving warm weather and dry trails 😁😁😁

jamj1974

The best weather for riding!

dooosuk
    Free Member

Come the end of the week I’m heading for the north west to find some cloud and sweet, sweet rain.

Good luck, currently nearing 30degC in Manc and no signs of anything other than blue skies all week!

mattbee

35 miles on South Downs this morning before it got too warm. Was lovely at 6:00.

Only problems are the usual ones round here of either rampant nettle growth on some of the lesser used trails and the chalk turning to a sort of mix of talcum consistency with big lumps of flint floating around in it.

Gets a bit toasty on the tops of the Downs too as the sun bounces off the chalk.

Its going to be lovely in the Hare & Hounds  beer garden though….

Viewing 34 posts - 1 through 34 (of 34 total)

The topic ‘I’ll be the first to say it.’ is closed to new replies.