Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • If you needed more evidence….
  • Tom_W1987
    Free Member

that Rees Mogg is a cockwomble of the highest order….

Conservative MP Jacob Rees-Mogg has named his sixth child Sixtus Dominic Boniface Christopher.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40506109

thegreatape
    Free Member

I didn’t, although thanks all the same 🙂

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Could’ve been worse. Kaiser, Tyson, Chesney?

Jamie
    Free Member

I am in the same camp as Victoria Coren Mitchell in finding him oddly fascinating.

No idea why.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Nahhh he’s not that interesting, he’s cut from the same cloth as my old 6th form Geology tutor, who used to cycle in – bolt upright on a bike from the 20’s whilst wearing a tweed suit complete with de rigueur pocket watch.

He was a terminal bore and as arrogant as they come, as is Mogg.

aracer
    Free Member

His poor daughter has such an ordinary name.

Drac

Seems quite an eccentric chap.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

He’s always dressed ready to attend a 1922 committee meeting.

CountZero

I don’t see anything much different to the names many people give their kids these days, anyway, a friend of mine of many years standing is called Edmund, his younger brother is Dunstan, and another friend of mine is called Dorian, do you want to make some snide comment about their names as well? 🙄

ScottChegg
    Free Member

This was brilliant.

“We shall have to take our business elsewhere”

He went up a great deal in my estimation when he posted that.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

You are in danger of sounding like Katie Hopkins OP with making aspersions about folk based on their names.

cranberry
    Free Member

I remember when the left was all about not being petty and judgemental.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I remember when the left was all about not being petty and judgemental.

I dont.
    Future pm there for sure.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Ah sod it, the bloke’s a knob

RichPenny
    Free Member

and another friend of mine is called Dorian, do you want to make some snide comment about their names

Got a picture?

Drac

“We shall have to take our business elsewhere”

😆

Sandwich

Benefits scrounge has another baby! If you’re in receipt of a public subsidy to renovate your house you have no business having children we can’t afford.

cranberry
    Free Member

I was deeply concerned that a hard working sandwich might be slaving away, nose to the forum grindstone, working only to subsidise Rees-Mogg, but a little googling suggests that it might, rather, be the other way around:

https://life.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/many-many-millions-mogg/

Sandwich, earlier…

Sandwich

In touched by your concern cranberry but I’m not slaving this week. Attempting to shake off an infection.

Cougar

You are in danger of sounding like Katie Hopkins OP with making aspersions about folk based on their names.

Making aspersions about folk based on their choice of names for their children, ITYF.

Personally I’m more concerned that the odious turd has reproduced.

slowoldman

Pathetic attempt. Not a patch on Moon Unit.

Northwind

CountZero – Member

I don’t see anything much different to the names many people give their kids these days, anyway, a friend of mine of many years standing is called Edmund, his younger brother is Dunstan, and another friend of mine is called Dorian, do you want to make some snide comment about their names as well?

TBH I think they’ll be ideally equipped for their future career in Narnia

scud
    Free Member

TBH I think they’ll be ideally equipped for their future career in the Tory party…

Harry_the_Spider

Thanks, you owe me a coffee.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That of course is your prerogative. I very much doubt that the target GAF though, but who knows? You could add your opinion to his Twitter account and see.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I reckon that Rees-Mogg jnr will do a Zowie Bowie and change their name to something ordinary like George or Gideon before they outgrow their teenage years.

As for Rees Mogg himself, perhaps the very best place for him is as a panellist on HIGNIFY, I’d rather he were there than placed anywhere near a position of influence within a large political party for example.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Sixtus was a Roman name, a corruption of the Greek name “??????,” meaning “polished,” and originally Latinized “Xystus.” In its Spanish form Sixto it is still used as a personal name. It is not to be confused with the common Roman praenomen “Sextus,” meaning “sixth,” though not necessarily denoting a sixth child.

Notable people named Sixtus include five Popes of the Roman Catholic Church, the first three of whom are called “Xystus” in the most ancient records:

Pope Sixtus I (115/116–125)
    Pope Sixtus II (257–258)
    Pope Sixtus III (432–440)
    Pope Sixtus IV (1471–1484)
    Pope Sixtus V (1585–1590)

Other notable people named Sixtus include:

Sixtus of Reims (d. c. 300)
    Sixtus of Siena (1520–1569)
    Edmund Sixtus Muskie (1914–1996)
    Prince Sixtus of Bourbon-Parma (1886–1934)
    Prince Sixtus Henry of Bourbon-Parma (born 1940)
    Sixtus Leung Chung-hang (born 1986)

See also
    Saint Sixtus (disambiguation)

maccruiskeen

Sixtus was a Roman name, a corruption of the Greek name “??????,” meaning “polished,”

A polished turd?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Benefits scrounge has another baby! If you’re in receipt of a public subsidy to renovate your house you have no business having children we can’t afford.

Try doing some research – the house belongs to the Wentworth Woodhouse Preservation Trust. He doesn’t live there or own it.

https://www.ft.com/content/d5efd3a0-b32f-11e6-a37c-f4a01f1b0fa1?mhq5j=e3

cinnamon_girl

It’s a terrific name. 8)

edlong
    Free Member

While I’m not a fan of him or his politics, I am rather impressed with that name and rather less impressed that of all the things he (and his political brethren) can be castigated for, the OP thinks the name of his infant is the one to go for.

zanelad
    Free Member

Thank **** for the internet. Now I can read about people commenting on the choice of names that people they neither like nor know have chosen for other people that they’ll probably never meet.

How the **** did we get by before the web.

Drac

That’s a bit rough on Tom.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

As for Rees Mogg himself, perhaps the very best place for him is as a panellist on HIGNIFY, I’d rather he were there than placed anywhere near a position of influence within a large political party for example

Really?

martinhutch

I do love a bit of de Pfeffel on HIGNFY.

maccruiskeen

How the **** did we get by before the web.

Slowly

CountZero

TBH I think they’ll be ideally equipped for their future career in the Tory party…

Yeah, well, there’s yet more proof that making assumptions about someone based purely on the name they were given when born, shows the person making the assumption in a far worse light.

Northwind

Really? You thought that was a serious comment from me? I hate to break it to you but Narnia isn’t a real place

perchypanther
    Free Member

I hate to break it to you but Narnia isn’t a real place

That’s not what that bloke I found in my wardrobe said. The lying bastard.

stavromuller
    Free Member

Yes, he’s such a decent chap. As a landlord MP he was able to vote against a bill to force landlords to make their let properties fit for human habitation but he got a £700,00 grant for his wife to restore the family pile. Odious doesn’t even come near to describing this cockwomble.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘If you needed more evidence….’ is closed to new replies.