Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)
  • if you are a dole scrounging scumbag……(ch 5 now)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jesus wept.

We really need some sub forums for this shit and its folk that post it.

+1

Although, no point in this case. The OP would still pick the wrong one.

samuri
    Free Member

In that case I’m more worried.
    The benefits system is there fundamentally for the vulnerable in our society. Yes, a few abuse it but demonising them allows us to demonise them all. For the rest it’s a desperate life line that they cling to with little hope of ever getting away from it. These people live day by day.
    If there are holes that people can abuse then they’ll do that, just like people will abuse holes at the other end of the scale but I’m reluctant to criticise those that take advantage of the lower end of the scale (who take very little in the grand scheme of things) when others are screwing us up the arse by taking billions and we largely ignore it.

The government who create these policies love trash programs like this because it gets us all wound up and hating the weak when we should be hating the powerful.

ninfan
    Free Member

langylad – after speaking to a good few coppers I reckon that they could just take the scrotes who were making everyones lives hell, and make their lives hell by persecuting the law to its fullest extent – in that programme I saw all sorts of offences that you could punish them for – football in the street sonny? bang, see you in court (highways act offence)

Essentially, I think that the balance of power needs to be taken back so they realise that they cross paths with the police at their peril.

Of course the issues of reams of paperwork for a minor offence need to be dealt with, as do the punishments handed out by the courts (bailed after multiple offences, slap on the wrists punishments) – I would be interested but probably depressed to know what happened to that lad who did a runner after being arrested, potentially a long sentence for that.

As for the other issues, I think its depressing that they seem to be able to find limitless resources when certain boxes are ticked, but everyone else is left on their own

pleaderwilliams
    Free Member

But how would putting them in prison help? It’s fairly well known that putting people into prisons only serves to further criminalise them. And it’s much more expensive than paying benefits.

The issue is education. Unless you believe yourself to be genetically better than these people, then you must have been brought up and educated with a different set of values, otherwise why wouldn’t you be claiming £53k a year in benefits or whatever it’s supposed to be?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I guess the good thing is these threads highlight folk here that really aren’t worth listening to.

ton

samuri, i know that there are people who are in a desperate situation. i spent my childhood at that end of the spectrum.
    my post was about the ones who rob and cheat the system..obviously i could have worded it better.

ton

Al, why cos you dont agree with their angle on things?
    you could just not read their posts eh? it’s not hard.

jambourgie
    Free Member

The government who create these policies love trash programs like this because it gets us all wound up and hating the weak when we should be hating the powerful.

This.

ninfan
    Free Member

But how would putting them in prison help? It’s fairly well known that putting people into prisons only serves to further criminalise them. And it’s much more expensive than paying benefits.

All for extensive use of community punishments, we need more of them – always litter to pick, graffiti to scrub, snow to shovel etc.

The issue is education.

suspended community or prison sentence conditional on education (maybe, ahem, reeducation camps 😀 ), not attendance or bad behaviour results in back to hard time.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

it’s not hard.

Neither’s thinking for yourself instead of letting mailTV do it for you. You should try it sometime.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jesus wept.
    We really need some sub forums for this shit and its folk that post it.

+ another

there but for the grace of god go I

would you swap places with these people?
    Would you?
    If not then pity them do not mock them. If yes then do so as the safety net will catch you and protect you , and your offspring, from yourself and your own stupidity.

Indeed we dont get many programmes on tax avoidance, what they cost us all and how they , despite their own vast wealth and lack of need, rob from us all. I bet the proper tax bill of a few individuals and companies would cover all the “dole scroungers ” and some

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Neither’s thinking for yourself instead of letting mailTV do it for you. You should try it sometime.
    Can you explain what you mean by that please? cos I haven’t a clue what your’e on about.
    Ton wasn’t thinking for himself, didn’t have to as he was commenting on a tv programme. 😕
    LOL @ that guy with the crutches, can’t work or walk too good but can produce brats & claim benefits. Who’s the mug?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Who’s the mug?

He or she who watches it, gets angry about it (because, y’know, there’s one of these on every corner) and gets up tomorrow morning, and puts money into the pockets of far worse thieves. Without even knowing what he or she is doing.

chewkw
    Free Member

If the system is broken then it is broken no if or but … 😡

There are times to show compassion for human being but there are also times such compassion should be shown elsewhere.

🙄

brooess
    Free Member

I’ve not seen the programme but it strikes me the point of it is threads like this, rather than to educate/inform or otherwise provide any kind of solution to the problem…

chewkw
    Free Member

brooess – Member

I’ve not seen the programme but it strikes me the point of it is threads like this, rather than to educate/inform or otherwise provide any kind of solution to the problem…

Solution? Half or more than half the children in the programme should be put up for adoption (when they were babies) to couples who really want children and are able to give them a good life.

What you have here is the irresponsible parents that bought them into this world to suffer just because the parents think that the problem is not theirs but rather blame it on their inability to control themselves.

dangerousbeans
    Free Member

And if you think dolies are expensive you ought to see the costs of the disabled.

Autism alone costs an absolute fortune nevermind physical and learning disabilites:

Cost of autism to the UK economy is £32.1bn per year, compared to cancer (£12bn) heart disease (£8bn) and stroke (£5bn).

Fron the LSE – http://www.lse.ac.uk/newsAndMedia/news/archives/2014/06/Autism.aspx

All we need to do is find a few families with disabled kids fiddling the system and claiming a motobility car, make a shite TV program, extrapolate to the whole population and plenty of folk will believe that that’s what everyone does.

Junkyard
    Free Member

that guy with the crutches, can’t work or walk too good but can produce brats

Last time I checked working legs were not an essential part of breeding any more than a working mind was essential to forming an opinion 🙄

stoffel
    Free Member

Edited.

Ton; I’m sure someone could turn your judgemental attitude right back round on you. Remind me who was getting angrybecause thier GP didn’t beleive they exercised much?

chewkw
    Free Member

stoffel – Member

Edited.

Ton; I’m sure someone could turn your judgemental attitude right back round on you. Remind me who was getting angrybecause thier GP didn’t beleive they exercised much?

I think the two are entirely different matters.

Put it this way if ton suddenly died of heart attack because he weight tonnes then that’s the end of that.

By comparison the problems (they may not have any but let’s assume they do) created by the families in the programme means the society and people around them need to pick up their pieces for them if something goes badly wrong.

Just because ton expresses his views naturally I don’t think there is any wrong in his views after all we are all very different.

🙄

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

Ton wasn’t thinking for himself,

obviously

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Poor or disabled? Why stop with sterilisation, let’s make them dig their own graves and then….

the work shy, bottom feeding pikies. I’ll never get sick or laid off, I make my own luck by working hard. I’ll be damned if I pay 100 quid in taxes a year, to help some people who genuinely need it at the expense of helping some who don’t.

I win the Godwin race! Wheres my prize?

chewkw
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

Poor or disabled? Why stop with sterilisation, let’s make them dig their own graves and then….

I win the Godwin race!

No you don’t.

You cannot even kill as many as the “heroes” below?

😈

p/s: oh ya … that German WWII machine gun kick arse. Prrr prrr prrr!

stoffel
    Free Member

All for extensive use of community punishments, we need more of them – always litter to pick, graffiti to scrub, snow to shovel etc.

Complete waste of time in most cses; have you actually seen how these schemes operate? Managed by bored, disaffected and frustrated civil servants, who mainly don’t care if a person completes their allocated number o hours, let alone actually does any real work. Often a complete headache to set up and implement, and very cost ineffective. You’re nver going to get much out of people who don’t want to be there, and ultimately, you cn’t force them to work.

Junkyard
    Free Member

True dat my experience of them [ work related I hasten to add ] is just that

Surly stoned uninterested **** wits doing just enough to not be in trouble and not one bit more.

stoffel
    Free Member

I think the two are entirely different matters.

Put it this way if ton suddenly died of heart attack because he weight tonnes then that’s the end of that.

It’s about judging people for the choices they make.People could easily judge Ton for eating too much/not exercising enough and becoming a burden to the health service/taxpayer. Why should Ipay for his healthcare when he made the choice how to live his life? See? That’s how judgmentalism works.

Too much judgementalism, and not enough understanding or empathy. Sickening really. 🙁

sbob
    Free Member

At the point at which you support Nazi like eugenics programmes of sterlisation

But putting contraceptives in spaghetti hoops is still ok, yes? 😕

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

What Stoffel said….people are slowly devolving into a mindset where they are purely out for themselves. One that gives little thought to their own precariously balanced healthy existence on this planet.

chewkw
    Free Member

stoffel – Member
    It’s about judging people for the choices they make.People could easily judge Ton for eating too much/not exercising enough and becoming a burden to the health service/taxpayer. Why should Ipay for his healthcare when he made the choice how to live his life? See? That’s how judgmentalism works.

Too much judgementalism, and not enough understanding or empathy. Sickening really.

No, in this case it does not work that way because ton has lived for a while now so his body is slowly deteriorating if he does not take care of himself.

However, in the programme you are talking about the entire family at the start of their journey at various stages and so many more than ton alone. Imagine they grow up to be on the wrong side of health … now you have more than one to take care of.

Compassion for a human being is a good thing but certain people just need to realise that there are some other people who deserve more compassion then they do. 😯

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Who are you to decide who get’s what level of compassion? Are you God, Jesus, Buddha?

28 children takes the piss but I don’t see why the idiocy of the few should effect everyone else. Besides, these people should still be viewed with pity. Taking the piss in the way they do show’s that deep down they aren’t right. We shouldn’t tolerate it, there are other ways to show that – without cutting off all support.

chewkw
    Free Member

Tom_W1987 – Member

Who are you to decide who get’s what level of compassion? Are you God, Jesus, Buddha? Either everyone get’s some, or none do.

In that case everyone gets none based on your answer above. Fair? Yes?

28 children takes the piss but I don’t see why the idiocy of the few should effect everyone else. Besides, these people should still be viewed with pity. Taking the piss in the way they do show’s that deep down they aren’t right.

If it is not right then it is not. Pity should go to the children growing up in that sort of environment because of the irresponsible adults, not because others view them harshly.

mudshark
    Free Member

These people with all those kids and not working – they’ll be getting their benefit capped now? Surely impossible to pay for their kids right? Will they be exempted somehow? No answer to this except education. If we penalise them then the kids just suffer but their needs to be some sort of disincentive. How do we help these kids to end up being net contributors to society one day – really we need their parents to be full time carers just to help the kids succeed in life, trouble is not sure these parents are the best role models 🙁

stoffel
    Free Member

Edit: Not worth it.

konabunny
    Free Member

You’re nver going to get much out of people who don’t want to be there, and ultimately, you cn’t force them to work.

Quite true – ask my boss.

Lifer
    Free Member

£53k a year, between 30 people? Life of Riley!

crankboy
    Free Member

As the proud father of one I have nothing but horrified pity for any one with 28 kids.

samuri
    Free Member

It’s about judging people for the choices they make.People could easily judge Ton for eating too much/not exercising enough and becoming a burden to the health service/taxpayer.

Well just to point out, Ton has ridden 3614 miles so far this year which I would imagine is a lot more more than most people have managed. It’s 900 miles more than I’ve ridden and it puts Ton in 5th place in the STW 500 miles a month league. Obviously he’s way ahead of schedule there. 😉

http://www.endomondo.com/challenges/13712660

No idea what Tim is on. Steroids or something. He’s six months ahead of the schedule.

mooman
    Free Member

None of the 3614 miles this year has exactly helped him interlectually though has it.

People in glass houses should not throw stones.

ton

None of the 3614 miles this year has exactly helped him interlectually though has it.

I resemble that remark……………… 😀

mudshark
    Free Member

Would like to join that Endomondo challenge but not on there at the moment and looks like no way of synching with Garmin Connect – any ideas?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 95 total)

The topic ‘if you are a dole scrounging scumbag……(ch 5 now)’ is closed to new replies.