Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • If McLaren made a road bike…
  • chrisbarr
    Free Member

It would look like this!
    http://mclaren.com/news/2011/03/17/mclaren-applied-technologies-teams-with-specialized

To be raced by Mark Cavendish in the Milan-San Remo on Saturday.

RealMan
    Free Member

Nothing shocking there, but looks neat. Be interesting to see if he keeps using it.

aP
    Free Member

Some features quite redolent of Argon 18 frames in that. Nice colour scheme though.

rOcKeTdOg

Cav won’t ride that colour though? lookss fast standing still….maybe faster than this years F1 car 😆

Stuey01
    Free Member

Want!
    That’ll be just the ticket for bimbling my fatass around Richmond Park

jimc101
    Free Member

You would have thought they could have made a fancy Carbon Fiber stand, rather than the generic steel one used.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

That is possibly the most beautiful bike I have ever soon. Wonder how much one of them would set me back.

EDIT: £5000 for frame and forks.

stevious

Anyone else think the word ‘Venge’ sounds a bit naughty?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

So what is it for?

It’s presumably not UCI compliant (3:1 aero section on tubes?) so can’t be raced in any UCI races, so why not dispense with the ‘bike’ part all together and go recumbent?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

They keep saying that it is the fastest bike in the world.

Surely that depends on the person riding it?

Me on that vs Lance Armstrong on my mountain bike would probably make my mountain bike faster than the fastest road bike 😉

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

It’s for racing in UCI races apparently. Cant see all the teams who are supplied by Specialized racing dud bikes in Milan-San Remo.

nuke

First thing it reminded me of was the new On-One Carbon 29er Race frame 😈

Stuey01
    Free Member

Must have missed the part where it says it isn’t UCI compliant ❓
    Oh, it doesn’t.

doesn’t look anymore out there than other aero road bike offerings, Cervelo S3, Felt AR1 etc… why assume this is non-compliant?

aP
    Free Member

I assume that it has the “Kamm edge” tubing which meets the UCI frame member requirements but aerodynamically reacts as a longer profile.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

What is ‘Venge’? Is nonsense. Why they not call it the McLaren Penge? Would be better.

Trek Sydenham.

Giant Catford.

Bianchi Camberwell.

😯

smell_it
    Free Member

That very nearly made me pitch a boner, very nice!

shoefiti
    Free Member

Surrounded By Zulus – Member

It’s for racing in UCI races apparently. Cant see all the teams who are supplied by Specialized racing dud bikes in Milan-San Remo

To be fair, it wouldn’t be the first time that this has happaned, and i think it was with specialized too, they had to ship in a load of the year prior’s frames at the last minute as the new bike’s didn’t meet the UCI regs, they had to build them all up over night.

brakes
    Free Member

very very nice
    they should make a McLaren Specialized Enduro

Stuey01
    Free Member

To be fair, it wouldn’t be the first time that this has happaned, and i think it was with specialized too, they had to ship in a load of the year prior’s frames at the last minute as the new bike’s didn’t meet the UCI regs, they had to build them all up over night.

It has, you’re right. It was Specialized Shiv TT bikes and it was because they had a non-structural fairing ahead of the head tube. It was at the TDF I think, they got caught out and didn’t have an alternative front end for the Shiv so they had to use the Transition (old bike).

BIGMAN
    Free Member

Where did folk get the 5k frame and fork price from?

Thats normally what the whole S Sworks bikes are!!

BIGMAN
    Free Member

its gonna be sub 3k frame and forks in the UK…

Just checked.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘If McLaren made a road bike…’ is closed to new replies.