Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • If I ruled the world…
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I would find whoever came up with those incredibly annoying Vodafone adverts with people saying, "If I ruled the world…"and I would kill them. Until they were quite, quite dead.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

scaredypants

I thought you did CF 😯

enfht
    Free Member

I'd ban toilet paper on Sundays

Olly
    Free Member

T mobile adverts are much much worse.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I have not even been subjected to them on the tellybox, only on bus shelters, yet I agree.

For my part, I would ban the practice of referring to a van containing two workmen as a "unit". Most egregious example fo this observed so far was a large van containing two policement in wraparound shades and body armour which was marked "Mobile Community Reassurance Unit", but Transport for London's Incident Response Units, by which they mean a man in a van who comes out and tinkers with broken down buses is a close second. 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Olly, good point, they're on the list as well.

grynch
    Free Member

.. I'd ban mowing the lawn, or washing the car on sundays, BBQ's in tower block balconeys and flushing the toilet past 10:00pm

no wait, I live in switzerland we already have those things.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

.. I'd ban mowing the lawn, or washing the car on sundays, BBQ's in tower block balconeys and flushing the toilet past 10:00pm

Please tell me that's a joke…?

grynch
    Free Member

no.. no joke… the toilet thing is the rule if you live in a tower block.. which I dont so I can flush any ole time I feel like it.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I'd ban the term the current phrase of choice – 'rocked up' as in Zak 'rocked up' at my house.
    Did he turn up on a rock?
    Have some sort of balance impairment?
    A mental disposition that makes him sway a bit?
    Got out his crack pipe?
    Or did he just turn up in the same way that he always did, but you're trying to make a relatively banal everyday occurrence of a person arriving sound my vibrant and happening?

It's an order of magnitude better than chillax, but still somewhere on the same Nathan Barley twatspeak scale 🙂

nickc

Time of the month IanMunro?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Just haven't taken my chillax pill today 🙂

grynch
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

Please tell me that's a joke…?

I'll tell ya something else.. but ya gotta promise not to tell anyone.. ya nevah know who's listening.. when I first moved here I lived in an apartment block and the last night living there I flushed twice at pretty near 11:oopm

shhh…

nickc

Small wars have been started in Switzerland for less

MrAgreeable

What would you do if someone rocked up at your house, rocking some rocks that they got from selling rock?

marsdenman
    Free Member

i'd…. make it sunny all day, rainy at night – everywhere.

sorry, that's not 'on-thread' is it? 😉

Ok then,

if folk leave the UK for a 'better life' then they leave for that better life, whatever it brings…. no popping back to just 'nip in and use the NHS' for example…….

IanMunro
    Free Member

What would you do if someone rocked up at your house, rocking some rocks that they got from selling rock?

I'd smash their skull in with one of the rocks, then bury their body under the remainder.

WackoAK
    Free Member

I'd unban RudeBoy

MrAgreeable

Good answer IanMunro.

Rudeboy never said "rocking". He used to talk like a 5 year old who had just been watching Last of the Summer Wine.

mcboo
    Free Member

Whats the scoop with RB <Mods>? Enormous gob on the lad but surely a month is long enough on the naughty step, no?

nickc

It wasn't like he enough chances to take a chillax pill mcboo. Doubtless he'll turn up sooner or later, start quiet, gradually get louder and louder until: Pop! off he goes again….

mcboo
    Free Member

ach lifes too short.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If I ruled the world some of you would be very unhappy 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

It wasn't like he enough chances to take a chillax pill mcboo. Doubtless he'll turn up sooner or later, start quiet, gradually get louder and louder until: Pop! off he goes again….

As far as I know he has an IP ban, so just joining under another name won't be quite as easy.

Thank ****.

BigJohn

Order of Magnitude.

Ask anybody who says it to define what it means. Twice? Ten times? To the power of 10?

No. They never know what it means.

Neither do I.

So how did you expect it to clarify anything?

duntmatter
    Free Member

If I ruled the world I'd have my sights on more than bans.

IanMunro
    Free Member

Ask anybody who says it to define what it means. Twice? Ten times? To the power of 10?

x10 assuming that you're using base 10 numbers to measure the thing with in the first place.

/edit
    Or to be more generic anything where you have to add an extra digit, or change the measurement suffix.

So chillax ~= 5 KTw (Kilo ****) on the NB twatometer scale
    and 'rock up' is about 80 Tw

Solo
    Free Member

Shouldn't that be when, not if

😆

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shouldn't that be when, not if…

Thankfully not, not even close…never…I'd move to the moon if it was

Solo
    Free Member

DD, lol, good one, and very topical.

Still, they keep telling me its my turn next week.

🙂

Solo.

BigJohn

So 2 orders of magnitude… is that 20 or 100?

BigDummy
    Free Member

100. But 5 orders of magnitude is also referred to as AWESOMELY HUGE.

CaptJon
    Free Member

To 'chillax' and 'rock up' i'd like to add 'simples'. I've never understood the belief that sounding like an advert was a good thing.

BigDummy
    Free Member

But sounding like a meerkat is excellent. Simples. 😀

MikeT-23
    Free Member

IIRTW there'd be champagne, for everybody; and TV would show nothing but abridged episodes of Dempsey and Makepeace where all we'd see is Makepeace in all her 1980's blonde and bobbed glory; and happy hardcore would be played at a volume of some magnitude in soundproofed metal containers occupied solely by 'the wrong sort'; and Range Rover Sports would be mandatorily crushed (whilst their owners/drivers were still inside); and the British Isles would be signed up to a system of stable weather patterns which allowed us to plan holidays/outdoor activities/wardrobe contents ad so on without the hassle of getting rained off.
    That's just for starters…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I wish to add someone to my list of those to suffer a grievous death…

Anyone who was in any way involved with the BT Broadband "can we make a couple more annoying than that gold Blend one?" adverts…..! AAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

alwyn
    Free Member

I'd attach fat peoples TVs to turbo trainers.

Hours turboed = Hours of TV

It would save the NHS millions.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I'd ban banning things
    Apart from "taking it to the next level" – that would have to go

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

..however, Audi and BMW show rooms would be staffed by maneating kittens, which would cripple then kill by licking with rough raspy toungues anyone who wants to buy one of those indicatorless kn0b transporters.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘If I ruled the world…’ is closed to new replies.