Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • If 29ers are just a fad I'm really looking foward to the next big thing.
  • bigad40
    Free Member

Test rode a Camber carbon comp 29er this morning and I’m still buzzing.
    That bike is off the scale!
    Test bike was a large and I need the next size up. Even so I felt comfortable right away.
    It was easy to climb, even though I am not a climber. Waiting for the other group at the top was a good time to try and see if I could manual it. I didn’t struggle to get the wheel off the ground. Wheelie-ing and other kids stuff was much easier than any of the reviews suggested. Blast a short loop with a little ski jump and kicker before the real descent and the bike pops off the lips with ease and stability.
    The main down hill it floated over roots like a magic carpet. Corners felt nice and linear with lots and lots of predictable grip without slowing down. It gathered speed quickly and effortlessly. I hit a couple of jumps and it soaked up landings, I can’t believe its only 110mm of travel on both ends.
    It may not be for everyone but I think it will do everything I need it to.
    If you haven’t ridden a 29er find a demo day and give one a hammering. Just don’t knocking if you haven’t tried it.
    Thanks Freeborn bikes for a great day.
    Even my wife couldn’t dampen my stoke when I got home 3 hours late!

jim76
    Free Member

LOL

You were flying on the Camber. Glad you enjoyed it. Come ride anytime.

Jim

Superficial
    Free Member

Dirt did a review of 29ers and the title shot is someone doing a 30ft table about 6 feet up on a Spesh Camber IIRC. So yeah, they can be jumped.

rOcKeTdOg

magic carpet

That is what i want the “next big thing” to be

the_lecht_rocks

try a nicolai helius AC 29er next and see what’s really capable on 29″…………. 😈

jim76
    Free Member

And then jump back on the Camber 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

Cambers are **** ace.

29er Cambers are even better.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

650b, 29er clown wheels are dead

wallop

That’s how I felt after I rode a 29er last week. Have fallen out of love with my Soul 🙁

Naranjada
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve ridden three 29ers back-to-back …Orange, Tallboy and Camber, and had a Tallboy for a day and really couldn’t believe just how able they all felt with ‘only’ 100-120 mm travel.

I thought that the Camber felt as good as the Tallboy although its heavy-feeling wheels held it back – it was the alu base model. The Orange was smooth but didn’t really want to manual, I guess it would make a good bike for long days but wasn’t fun like the others.

So the Transition Bandit 29er is my new favourite bike. Having ridden the 26″ wheeled version and really, really liked it, the 29er must be flippin brilliant!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘If 29ers are just a fad I'm really looking foward to the next big thing.’ is closed to new replies.