Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • ideas for an anti theft commuter local pub, shop bike
  • dobo
    Free Member

Needs to be cheap as chips and something not likey to attract attention.

gears optional, ideas welcome.

muddy@rseguy

Oh easy: A second-hand unicycle :-p

Cheap, simple, singlespeed and a fixie (and therefore imediately both “niche” and STW forum friendly) and no pesky QR’s on the seatpost or wheel to aid theft.

Ok, yes, it might still get half-inched but unless the thief can actually ride away on it (in which case, fare dues) then you would have the novelty value of watching them try…and perform their first unicycle novice faceplant.

bassspine
    Free Member

a Raleigh inActivator: my brother’s has been in London for 6 years and still not stolen

dobo
    Free Member

lol, i actually just googled unicycles and they are cheap too!! damn! ‘scratches head and wonders what the top speed is…’

yup, i think i need a bike that i can actually get to work on before its time to go home.

v brakes, rigid etc, if anyone spots anything in the hampshire area, please let me know

5’9″ <£150?

Junkyard
    Free Member

old racing bikes no STI brakes, mudguards ,chrome (rust covered) forks carrier bag seat hand painted badly , token lock, no lights or computer or handlebar tape … surivived 4 years in Manchester city centre.

dobo
    Free Member

junkyard, i bet it look hot after a few beers 😉

why are all 2nd bikes either 24″ or fookin huuge!

z1ppy

dobo, you need something that no self respecting bike theif (is that a contridiction in terms?) would be seen on, let alone try to flog on.
    Go on you local freecycle website and check out what old racers or 80’s mtb’s are available.

As for unicycles, I’d love one, but a ‘proper’ one cost decent money…
    http://www.unicycle.uk.com/

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ideas for an anti theft commuter local pub, shop bike’ is closed to new replies.