Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,514 total)
  • iDave diet, who done it?
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Jamie – that is very cruel. Those bubbly exteriors often mask a great level of unhappiness.

You’re assuming I believe our Turkish massaging friend, when he says he is a portly gentleman.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hate to piss on your chips

Would certainly act as a deterrent to eating them.

*whispers to Jamie* I think he’s telling pork pies too… *eh what was that?*

Jamie
    Free Member

Would certainly act as a deterrent to eating them.

I dunno. The iDiet can cause some pretty strong carb cravings…..maybe enough to break through the urine barrier.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Can someone piss on DirtyG’s chocolate stash please?

We’ll test this one out scientifically like, Jamie.

spacemonkey

Seems like a few others are getting stuck on certain weights too. I lost 8-9 lbs in the first 2 weeks, but in the 10 days since then I’ve not shifting anything. And that includes committing even more to the iRules, i.e. no milk or sugar at all (previously it was just a little).

Interestingly the weight loss came at the same time I quit booze on M-F. And the last time I cut right back was 2+ years ago when exactly the same thing happened: quit booze M-F but continued eating all my normal foods = similar weight loss over the same period.

Therefore I’m wondering how much of this loss is actually down to the diet – or if it’s just booze related. I feel ‘better’ (basically cleaner and lighter) – but frustratingly am not shifting any more pounds.

Hmm

Jamie
    Free Member

Can someone piss on DirtyG’s chocolate stash please?

*snigger*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

8)

Jamie
    Free Member

In-your-endo!

oddjob
    Free Member

I’ve found that sticking to the diet 99% sort of works (milk in tea, meat products with stuff in them like sausages) but not that well.

In the last few days I have stuck 100% to the rules and I am finding that it works significantly better although I must admit that there is a fair amount of MTFUing or iDTFUing to be done.

molgrips
    Free Member

*sips coffee with milk* mm hmm.. yep…

ianpinder
    Free Member

@ Jamie

Whilst only an estimate, there is some logic behind it

When I was 147kg I was 33% bf.

That means 48.51kg

I plan to loose another 30kg. Now 90% of the weight I have lost has been fat…. so of that 30kg I will loose 27kg will be fat.

Taking that away from the fat I’m currently karting around 48.51kg would leave approx 21.5kg of fat.

When I loose 30kg I will weigh 114kg and will have 21.5kg of fat (in theory)

Which is about 18% body fat.

Obviously all this is in theory, as those bf monitors are about as accurate as an unacurate object but I am using the same one, at the same time under the same conditions, so whilst not accurate they should be vaugely consistant.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ian –

How tall are you?
    Are you pretty hench?
    Ignore bodyfat and look at hip to waist ratios instead.

ianpinder
    Free Member

TSY –

Using one of those machines, not accuratly using callipers so I realise that the above is not accurate.

6ft 4

and yes, I’m not small boned.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Fair do’s.

Remind me not to give you any grief when you get down to your target BF%! For now I reckon I can still run away you f….. 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

*considers ditching belt and buying braces*

*gets slightly teary at level of cruelty* 🙁

trickydisco
    Free Member

I’ve had to buy some new jeans and shorts at the weekend.. Now a 30 waist (which i haven’t been since i was 18!)

Feels good 🙂

ianpinder
    Free Member

yup same here, though i’ve gone from 54inch – 42 inch

molgrips
    Free Member

My clothes are getting rather loose. Much more and I’ll be cinching in too much waistband, and some of my trousers already look too big with a bit of slack fabric at the front.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m going to costco to buy bumper packs of awesome for you all, well done guys 🙂

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve had to buy some new jeans and shorts at the weekend.. Now a 30 waist (which i haven’t been since i was 18!)

Feels good

Years ago, then GF was making a skirt for her mum. It measured more around the waist that it did in drop.

Since then its made me think that I really mustn’t let the waist measurement exceed inside leg length.

I’ve never claimed to be clever or sane.

Edit:
    i’m going to costco to buy bumper packs of awesome for you all

Thanks, but I’m all stocked up here. TSY and MolGrips can divi my share up between them.
    😉

spacemonkey

Now getting the hang of these flatbreads – just required a bit of experimenting to get the consistency right.

Just had a couple infused with dry-fried cumin/carroway and then wrapped around leftover roast beef, horseradish, humus and rocket. Proper nom noms.

Solo
    Free Member

Now getting the hang of these flatbreads – just required a bit of experimenting to get the consistency right.

Yeah, I’ve gone to 130ml water to 100g flour. Was too thick before and was producing iflatbread biscuits.

Can’t really wrap mine around much though as they split and break.
    Got to try adding stuff to the mixture though.

😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Philly, pick up a pack of modesty while you’re there. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

… and a tube of iMmodesty. Thnx x

spacemonkey

Yeah, I’ve gone to 130ml water to 100g flour.

Doing exactly the same here 🙂

Recipes kept saying 110ml or so but like you say, they kept coming out like cardboard biscuits.

Cooking tip: tiny bit of olive oil in pan (e.g. omelette pan), get up to medium heat, pour in mixture, lid on for 1-2 mins, turn over and replace lid for 1 min or so. Job done.

And it seems to work better if you let the mixture settle for 10 mins after making it … and stir it each time before adding to pan.

Adding herbs and spices makes a big difference too.

Solo
    Free Member

Adding herbs and spices makes a big difference too

Yeah, I reckon so. I am going to try this on the WE.

🙂

Would it be bakeable ?. iGram flour scones ????

spacemonkey

Would it be bakeable ?. iGram flour scones ????

The missus used gram flour to make yorkshire puddings last night 🙂 They smelt like prawn crackers but looked like fluffy rock cakes! Not an issue with a good bit of gravy (gram flour to thicken) on top 🙂

oddjob
    Free Member

I know you’ll just tell me to search the forum, but what kind of flour are you using the make these flatbreads?

molgrips
    Free Member

Gram flour. Not available in Germany.

oddjob
    Free Member

what’s it made from (please don’t let the answer be Gram) and can I get it in Denmark (or has it been banned with the marmite?)?

oddjob
    Free Member

OK – got it with google. Chick peas

Solo
    Free Member

Gram flour is made of Chickpeas. Available in Tesco and Sainsbury’s, ime.

Molgrips. Don’t go on about Germany. I wrote you could have some gram flour if you want to sort it.
    😉

Edit:

Denmark ?, right. Well I’ve no idea on availability there. Good luck.
    🙂

Solo
    Free Member

I’ve just BBC’d for scones. Massive iDiet FAIL.

*sticks bottom lip out*

molgrips
    Free Member

Thanks Solo, I might take you up on that.

What’s BBC when used as a verb?

Just had a snickers too btw 🙁

It’s wobble Wednesday!

Jamie
    Free Member

C’mon soldiers! MTFU….either go hard or go home!

etc etc

In other news…..i’m getting closer to my own current personal goal of cracking 20 miles at 20mph….

Solo
    Free Member

Tuna sala for lunch, chickpeas and bacon for breaky.
    Lentils, cod, bacon, with chilli spices for dindins.

I iz stil good boy since Saturday.
    8)

Grips.
    Briish Broadcasting Corporation innit

😉

Anyone tried a egg in with their gram flour ?

molgrips
    Free Member

Nice one Jamie. Is that 493 ft of gain in that table?

I’ve done the trip to work in less than an hour, it’s 20 miles the long way, but it’s about 30m net downhill I think.

Jamie
    Free Member

I think so….click it for biggererness.

molgrips
    Free Member

I meant ft rather than m.

Solo
    Free Member

Jamie.

You is a racing snake. Much faster than me on the bike.

I do not run.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,161 through 1,200 (of 1,514 total)

The topic ‘iDave diet, who done it?’ is closed to new replies.