Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,140 total)
  • iDave Diet Joinee
  • philconsequence
    Free Member

we had beautiful ride last night, 99%sniggletrack, 2 hours, skills everywhere, no waiting for mrsconsequence as she’s sped up massively and its almost difficult keeping up with her at certain points!

i love the bouncy bike and the reverb, love that becca is as fast as us now more so! makes the ride infinitely more enjoyable for us and for her!

Solo
    Free Member

molgrips
    Free Member

I was 84.8kg this morning. Cheesecake and all – so ner.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Did you make it out for your run and swim?

molgrips
    Free Member

Run yes, swim no. Might try today, but I was also hoping for an mtb spin sinc eit’s the last nice day.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

good work… your commitment to becoming an exercise addict pleases me.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

328W at 85kg is 3.86 W/kg

If DGOaB manages 170W, she beats you on power:weight.

So, seeing as i was warming up on 170w before the test, i can say that i have well and truely beaten mol on power – weight. Can we have a party to celebrate this occasion please? Coke and cheesecake all round?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oooh get her!

Nobody likes a show-off! 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

So, seeing as i was warming up on 170w before the test, i can say that i have well and truely beaten mol on power – weight.

The sums were wrong – you need to do 212W for 10 miles to beat me in power/weight. Which you almost certainly would 🙂 However on a flat TT I would beat you, probably.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Well I did that and more Mol, so i’m still fine! 🙂

Why would you beat me on a flat TT?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Molly – do you have to have someone set up the power meter etc? Or is it more plug and play?

molgrips
    Free Member

Cos then it’s not power to weight that’s important, it’s power to drag, and your air resistance won’t be a lot less than mine.

molgrips
    Free Member

Molly – do you have to have someone set up the power meter etc? Or is it more plug and play?

Plug and play, assuming you get one that’s already been built into a wheel of course. There are people who calibrate them for you apparently but they are quite accurate as they come, I understand.

You need to check it’s zeroed every so often by holding a button down, that’s it.

iDave
    Free Member

I would expect DGOAB to have a smaller frontal area? She is a small keyring size person is she not?

Power meters need to be calibrated.

molgrips
    Free Member

She will have a smaller frontal area but I bet not by 38% which is what the weight difference is.

iDave I never heard of this calibration until you mentioned it.. how far out can they be if you don’t?

mustard
    Free Member

She is a small keyring size person is she not?

She is – makes flights much cheaper 😀

Jamie
    Free Member

I would expect DGOAB to have a smaller frontal area?

…bit personal there, Dave.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

+1 for calibration. It was the first thing the coach did last night when i got there. Once it was calibrated, i then had a 15min warm up on it. The calibration was harder than the 100-200w warm up!

I don’t agree with your power to drag theory. The way i see it is, i produce more power to weight than you, i can tuck down further as i’m smaller than you = faster than you. What upper body bits would count for air drag? My shoulders are the widest bit of me at 37. I feel another challenge coming on! 😛

Is that 3.86 w / kg someone quoted as your power to weight ratio right? Did you have a max power test to get determine your max power and adjust it to your current weight? As i’d put on 0.8kgs last night, i lost some power to weight but was still over the 5w / kg. *admires my guns* 😆

donsimon
    Free Member

*tries not to look obvious while checking out DGOAB’s guns* 😛

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

*ponders how Dirty’s guns measure up to Molly’s*

IanMunro
    Free Member

Saw this earlier and thought of someone 🙂

Keva
    Free Member

<like>

molgrips
    Free Member

The way i see it is, i produce more power to weight than you, i can tuck down further as i’m smaller than you

Not sure that follows.. but anyway, find 5 miles of flat open road with a roundabout at the end and let’s see how long it takes 🙂 Normal road bike on drops mind, no clip-ons.

328W was my average power over the 24-odd minutes it took me. No idea what my results would be on a ramp test.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Why Mr Grips, i thought you’d never ask! Normal road bike drops are all i have.

How about we go one step further and make it a proper event? I propose Mustard and I travel down south so there’s no excuses to be had about head winds or the like (unless i’m behind you and you are idave compliant and full of beans) 😛
    Trickydisco can find mustard and i a race to do before/after our challenge.
    TSY can be on hand to compare our guns, mop sweat from our brows and offer massages to the winner/loser (or whosever thighs Sammie Louise likes best).
    Jimmers can supply the all you can eat buffet recovery food
    Idave can check our times.
    Philly and DD can be our shexy cheerleaders?

iDave
    Free Member

I know a perfect venue near my house about half way

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Oxfordshire is flatter. We should meet there.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Can we stay at yours then please Yeti? We could maybe do some mtb’ing/road riding for a few days either side? Is it wise to tell Mol of my good news tonight or shall i keep it quiet? 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

How about we go one step further and make it a proper event?

We have an outdoor cycle track in Cardiff that you can just pitch up at and ride/race…

molgrips
    Free Member

And an indoor one in Newport that you can hire out…

donsimon
    Free Member

Hire Manchester too so you can meet halfway.

mugsys_m8

Molgrips,

Are you sure your 5 miles took you about 24 minutes?
    24 minutes is an ok time for a 10 mile TT.

Dirty girl said earlier she was aiming for a 10 mile TT in about that time.

Sooo. My Money is on dirty girl even if her good news is the traditional woman’s good news!

Jamie
    Free Member

@Mugsy

Are you saying DGOAB is racing for two?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

DirtyG’s having puppies 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Dibs on the cutest one. I already know what I am going to call it.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I want the slightly gippy one, hopefull it’ll be blind.

I’m going to make a sad video.

Jamie
    Free Member

Way to bring me down at the weekend, Señor Jerkoff.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don’t worry it’ll have a happy ending.

Jamie
    Free Member

Now I feel bad for calling you Señor Jerkoff 🙁

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

It’s ok I’ve lost more weight. I’m certain it has nothing to do with the name you’ve called me but is all to do with the iDiet and hot yoga.

11st 3lb this morning.

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re lighter than me, and you’re taller.

Such a Jerkoff.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,140 total)

The topic ‘iDave Diet Joinee’ is closed to new replies.