Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ICE/TrailDrop/Forca Vario remote on GD?
  • svalgis
    Free Member

I really like the look of the remote on these dropper posts. Has anyone tried using them together with a Gravity Dropper?

svalgis
    Free Member

And, perhaps more importantly, where can I get one without buying the seatpost? The only one I’ve found sold separately is the one for the TrailDrop, and that is supposedly only sold as a spare to existing customers if I understand the website correctly.
    http://www.bigmassive.co.uk/traildrop-spares/

Junkyard
    Free Member

Dont now those models but the GD remote is essentially a cable pull that then returns to rest.

Anything that does this will work – if you really want to know the length of pull I could have a look at some point not massive a 20 mm pull ish?

svalgis
    Free Member

In principle the design is the same, and they all seem to connect with the “ball end” in the seatpost like on the GD too, so it should only be down to the cable pull as you say. I own a GD Turbo so I could try to measure it myself – would love to be able to compare it to any of those models. If I could get a hold of a remote for a price similar to the TrailDrop one, I wouldn’t mind just buying it and trying it out really.

It would be so sweet if it worked – a better, multi-directional remote and barrel adjuster would make my GD damn near perfect.

colournoise

The Forca Vario remote has the cable ball end in the lever and a small grub screw clamp on the post end if that helps?

svalgis
    Free Member

Okay, so that’s a no go then. Certainly does help, thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ICE/TrailDrop/Forca Vario remote on GD?’ is closed to new replies.