Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • "I SAY,YOU DRIVER,YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE SHOWER!"
  • racefaceec90

title and video blatantly nicked from the fretboard forum 😳

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE82FZpq0qM#t=46[/video] 😀

MSP

….and he is giving me the v sign. I can’t see why he should think I am interested in his politics…

grtdkad
    Free Member

Loved that.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

The V signer was driving a Sunbeam Rapier – I learnt to drive on one of those 🙂

1750cc engine with overdrive gearbox 🙂

Probably the same engine as in this :

thegreatape
    Free Member

What lovely driving!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

What lovely driving!

you had to drive slow and sedate in those things – heavy and wallowy. And rubbish brakes compared to today.

thegreatape
    Free Member

No doubt, but his observations/actions/commentary are identical to what they teach on police driving courses today.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s not just me is it? He’s saying “trafficator” instead of “indicator” isn’t he?

Cougar

He says “indicator” later, but yes.

Quality bit of footage, that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ah roight…I only watched the first few minutes. Were both words in common use back then? Never heard “trafficator”.

EDIT: Ah, from Wiki:

Trafficators are semaphore signals which, when operated, protrude from the bodywork of a motor vehicle to indicate its intention to turn in the direction indicated by the pointing signal. Trafficators are often located at the door pillar.

molgrips
    Free Member

Wow.. Some bits look the same as today, some totally different. Imagine driving through every town centre on the A4 🙂

cbike
    Free Member

Road and markings in really good condition. Glasgow Roads are in the condition they were in the late 1980’s now. Temporary surfaces and no markings

flip
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, lovely music 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Elm trees! You just don’t see those any more.

Terrible driving standards though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘"I SAY,YOU DRIVER,YOU'RE AN ABSOLUTE SHOWER!"’ is closed to new replies.