Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • I phone keeps shutting down on connection to lap top!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Anyone else? It started saturday night and has done it three times now! On connection to the USB it obviously finds something It doesn't like on my laptop and goes into hibernation! Any ideas?

DickBarton

A PC laptop? It probably doesn't like that! 😉

Has it been hooked up before? Is there an upgrade for the iPhone that is needing to be added? Has it been jailbroken? Why are you connecting it to your laptop? Use as a modem? Update music files? Synch data? Charge it?

geetee1972
    Free Member

Coincidence this as I was just about to post something similar.

Have been using mine on my Mac for a year now with great success, but this week had to port everything over to a new work PC. I managed to transfer all my files across and get the thing synced with iTunes. I had a few problems with getting the email to work properly and now, somehow, the whole thing has fallen over. Having done a combination of hard reset on the phone and reinstalling iTunes, I get an Error 0x800000A message every time I connect.

**** PCs, I hate them! Everything is always 10 times harder than it needs to be. If it were not for the fact that I need a PC for my new job (seven months out, finally back in the saddle!) I would throw the thing in the bin!

wrightyson
    Free Member

18 month old I phone, never ever had any issues connecting it, as in just plugging into my laptop which is running vista premium. Plugged her in sat night after I'd installed some dj software and a coupla films ( onto th laptop) and it just died! Gonna do a full system scan using mcafee on the laptop and see if it picks anything up! Other than that I'm bemused!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘I phone keeps shutting down on connection to lap top!’ is closed to new replies.