Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • I need a new watch.
  • mikertroid
    Free Member

F91W is a true classic. Respect.

loddrik
    Free Member

I still have fond memories of my protrek which I lost whilst at CyB

ronjeremy
    Free Member

love my (well someones) protrek, which i happen to find @ CyB

IGMC

fubar
    Free Member

You'd got me thinking that I 'needed' a new watch too and I was about to buy this:- Ctizen Eco Drive

…and then my wife decided that I didn't 'need' a new watch

p.s. more picture on Amazon

Taylorplayer
    Free Member

Well I'm still dithering like a fanny.

I used to use a timex ironman, but they changed the strap to a moulded one piece non replaceable affair (inbuilt redundancy?). Same thing with my Garmin HRM watch (forerunner 50). Can't decide between something decent, or something that will do.

dither dither dither….. the wife chooses shoes quicker than this.

Edit:

I see the Ironman with a replaceable strap is available (again?) in tesco. Almost wish I hadn't been looking at the nice watches now.

kiwijohn

Animal W003 "Surfers against sewage" from 10 years ago. A few more scratches on the weekend, but it still tells the time. I doubt anyone else has ever looked at it.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

G-shock for the bike.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Kiwi

my animal w004 is faultless after 12 years. Have another animal lurking away somewhere too.

Great watches and well made for the money.

donkeysrock
    Free Member

MTM blackhawk

Singlespeedpunk
    Free Member

Raymond Weil W1 – 12 years old and going strong. No alarm though and I don't think they do them any more 🙁

SSP

pitduck
    Free Member

i havent got them on tho 😆

Hadge
    Free Member

Just treated myself to a Seiko Motor Sport Chrono Sportura for day to day use, cracking watch for the money.
    But treated myself even more for "best" with a TAG Monaco Chrono 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That reminds me! Must dig out my old Animal W001 and W002!

derek_starship
    Free Member

patriot_matt – good heads up that.

That is a real bargain for under £50.

redthunder
    Free Member
    marsdenman
    Free Member

Tesco clubcard vouchers

+1 – that's how my Omega came into my world!

mikertroid
    Free Member

Sooooo close to buying a Sea Dweller Deap Sea this am.

Just a tiny bit too mahoosive for everyday use-probably will regret not buying it for ever now!!

Will try GMT Master or bog-standard submariner for comparison.

kimbers

bike snobs also watch snobs shocker!!

my animal W010 just refuses to die is well over 10 old years now

juan
    Free Member

I have the breo… Give the time and come in shite load of colours, including glow in the dark and pink 😀
    Only downside, the girlfriend likes it :d

cynic-al
    Free Member

I don't really get the branding thing. The £200 Seiko is prettier than the £900 Omega IMO, it's not like either is rubbish.

Personally I like vintage and have racked up 4 & 3 swatches. I fancy a Swiss Army next or maybe that Seiko. Or a vintage Hever at a local auction.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Well, tried on a GMT Master II (Not as nice as the old model), Seamaster GMT (nice) Planet Ocean (Stunning) but then I tried on a Bremont ALT1-Z: oh my god!

Now back to square one; the Bremont has me all doubting my previous choices….

Suggsey
    Free Member

Got my Nite MW10 nice and comfortable, looks good and has date window and tritium markers on the hands and hour markers worked a treat in the pitch black last night. Battery life on the model I have is 5 years and 100m water resist. For £120 you can get a slightly more loaded model with a 10 year battery life.
    I feel so bad that when I went through my 'watch' drawer I aso found I have a Seiko Kinetic MK1, has a futuristic style straight from the late 80's. Gave it a shake and it works. Thisnk its time to ebay some of them and thin out the collection.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘I need a new watch.’ is closed to new replies.