Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • I love All New Total Wipeout! Am I wrong in the head?
  • Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Can’t help it. Stupid, childish nonsense, with idiotic commentary and absolutely no intellectual value whatsoever. But there’s just something about the pain, suffering and humiliation the contestants have to endure, that has me screaming and cackling with glee. Speshly when they slam face-first into something. 😆

I’m afraid I got a little too excited tonight though, and bounced off my bed smacking my injured elbow ontot the bed frame, whilst attempting to replicate one of the challenges. 🙁

It fills me with joy though. 🙂

Am I not well?

RealMan
    Free Member

Do you enjoy eastenders and deal or no deal as well?

Smarty
    Free Member

It’s the Saturday evening entertainment program of choice in the Smarty household 😆

sc-xc

It would be better without that stupid **** hammond.

stumpy01

It cracks me up – especially the added sound effects.

DezB
    Free Member

We love it too! Straight after You’ve Been Framed!
    It’s great to get stupid!

DezB
    Free Member

No mate, never that stupid.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, in fact I can’t stand most ‘lowest-commion denominator’ TV, such as soaps, gameshows etc. If I watch something like those two programmes, it feels like what little intelligence I might possibly have is being sucked from my mind by a vacuum cleaner.

Which is why it surprises me that this silliness is so appealing to me. Can’t work it out.

It is such fun though. I’d love to have a go. 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

[watch it with the kids but Hammond is absolutely awful are they his own jokes drivel
    Entetaining in the same rubbish way that Gladiators was with funnier falls

wrightyson
    Free Member

+1 Elfin, id love also to have a go, but it would appear you have to be somewhat “zany” to get on !!

sc-xc

My favourite is on at half past 8…

likey!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It’s great to get stupid!

Glad it’s not just me!

It’s Saturday tea-time telly. It’s not meant to be the intellectual stimulation or challenge of an arts documentary or Mastermind. It’s the lightest of light entertainment.

Like, a Dale Winton quiz show thing has just come on, and that’s bin turned off, because I can’t stand watching people get the simplest of questions wrong. How dense do you need to be to qualify for such programmes?

I’m quite surprised at myself tbh. I thought I was a sophisticated, urbane, erudite young mayn with quite discerning taste.

Tonight I have bin reduced to a dribbling hysterical moron for an hour, and I’ve loved every minute! 😀

Elbow’s a bit hurty though…

RealMan
    Free Member

I thought I was a sophisticated, urbane, erudite young mayn with quite discerning taste.

You know what, I can’t be bothered.

clubber
    Free Member

Fantastic show. Only miserable feckers who take themselves too seriously can’t see that

emsz
    Free Member

It’s one of the best things on telly. I love the slow mo replays of them smacking their faces into some bouncy foam thingy. I have literally spit food out laughing so hard. Love it.

Hope your elbow gets better.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m not even embarrassed to say I love it.

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I have a mate who actually records it. He is big on Schadenfreude.

Markie
    Free Member

My wife was away with work a few weeks back and I knew I was set for a great evening – wine, pizza and total wipeout on iplayer… superb! I like Hammond, I like Amanda, basically I’m up for all of it, fantastic!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I love the slow mo replays of them smacking their faces into some bouncy foam thingy

Those are the best bits! The more painful it looks, the better!

You know what, I can’t be bothered.

It would be foolish to argue with the Truth. 🙂

IanW
    Free Member

Best thing on TV

bighendo
    Free Member

although its a Takeshi`s Castle wannabe
    its still a right laugh eh 🙂
    get in there ……
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/beonashow/total_wipeout

spasmicgherkin
    Free Member

it could be ace, but’s ruined by hammond (i’m told the yank version is better). compare it with craig charles’ commentary on Takeshi’s Castle – his well-meaning enthusiasm made it engaging, whereas hammond’s too busy making sure we know that he knows the whole thing’s naff. seems to slow the tempo too much with the sporadic, sneering voice-over. if they dug up Kriss Akabusi (grimacing as i type, it’s only an example) to do the job he’d improve it. similar principle to canned laughter (well, exactly the same really, eh?) the host finding it all widdle-yourself funny transmits to the audience.
    I’d really like to like it, but it’s re-runs of Takeshi ruling the roost on my telly box..

#edit# hi-5 to the fellow takeshi-ite

scaredypants

I love All New Total Wipeout! Am I wrong in the head?

yeh, it’s great

yeh, quite probably 😉

kimbers

i said this last weekend while i was away at a biking weekend with the lads

they mocked me!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well they are naught but fools, Kimbers.

dawson

kids love it in our house, I’ll admit it makes me chuckle/wince (delete as appropriate)

Do they really go to Argentina to film it?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I love All New Total Wipeout! Am I wrong in the head?

Yes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I spose that could be seen as a seperate statement, then a question. 🙂

Not going to dispute it.

theotherjonv

kids love it here too. Only thing that I don’t like is that as soon as I leave the room the youngest is throwing herself off the arm of the settee onto a pile of cushions.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Don’t worry, it’s not a professional opinion. More of an educated guess. 😉

singlespeedstu

It’d be even betterer if stuart hall replaced the hampster.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wcbrjI4KPw[/video]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ay_PynXsR2E[/video]

float
    Free Member

its takeshi’s castle with health and safety involved, therefore rubbish.

grievoustim
    Free Member

I love it – as do the kids

Could not stop laughing tonight when that blonde girl got sort of swept up by the big spinny thing

seosamh77
    Free Member

great show, i’ve never been tempted to go on any show in my life, but i’m bursting for a shot of the courses! 😀

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It would be fun, woon’t it? I’d love to give it a go.

Only thing that I don’t like is that as soon as I leave the room the youngest is throwing herself off the arm of the settee onto a pile of cushions.

Excellent! 🙂

How old is your little one? I’m almost 39, and I still feel the same way!

theotherjonv

Secretly I wish we had more cushions so i could have a go too. I’m nearly 42.

Jeez, it’s 3am am and we’re discussing soft furnishings……

TheFlyingOx

Have you ever seen the Japanese version which is commentated on by two Americans? Absolutely the funniest thing on TV.

TheFlyingOx

Ah – a quick Google reveals that one’s called “Most Extreme Elimination Challenge”, but is basically TW.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘I love All New Total Wipeout! Am I wrong in the head?’ is closed to new replies.