• This topic has 62 replies, 36 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Cougar.
Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • I found this lump…
  • poly
    Free Member

To re-iterate, lump is on the testicle itself. Not in scrotum and not in epididymus. The only thing I’ve found a lump on the testicle itself can be is cancer.

I’ve added emphasis to your own words.  It can be – that’s why you were checking but it doesn’t mean it is.  Even your GP who has likely felt a lot more bollocks than you can’t tell that just by feel.  He’ll have a squeeze, ask you some questions and then probably refer you to a urologist.  That doesn’t mean he thinks its cancer, it means he either thinks it might be or believes you’ll be reassured when the expert does his thing.  You’ll go to the urologist who has seen many more cancerous bollocks than the GP who will do the whole thing again.  They’ll probably do an ultrasound.  They may point at a grainy black and white tv picture and say “see nothing to worry about” or they may say “we need more tests”.  Only at that point you are starting to look likely to have cancer – but even then it might not be (otherwise he’d just say “lets lop it off this afternoon”).

I’m just hoping that there is actually something a lump on the testicle could be that isn’t cancer. I appreciate people telling me that it could be a cyst but I’m almost certain that’s not the case (unless there is a type of cyst you can get that is on the testicle itself).

I have no idea how you could determine its not a cyst – they can grow pretty much anywhere.  Perhaps an experienced urologist can judge that from touch/feel/location on the testicle but you need to see it with ultrasound or something fancier to know.

Cougar

go and see a pro.

Relieve the pressure, sort of thing?

MoreCashThanDash

Agreed. However, make sure they give you enough. They found out I have a decent tolerance for it about a millisecond after I did

Thank god, you’re the first other person I’ve known who had this issue. They really do know you’ve not had enough local a millisecond after you find out 🤣

IdleJon

To check if it’s a cyst, find a torch and try and shine a light through it.

A separate thread?

What lights for…… shining at my balls?

scotroutes

Anything by Exposure.

Moon lights if it’s your arse you need to inspect.

theotherjonv

Oh yes. I had the same happen with a tooth extraction, that broke off while pulling it leaving a root in. After a bit of fruitless trying to get a hold / lift the remaining root, the dentist went next door to get his colleague who moonlights as a dental surgeon at the RBH. She came in, had a look, declared some fancy technique would work and said she’d be back once she’d finished with her patient next door.

10 mins later she came in and had a poke at it; in that 10 mins the anaesthetic had worn off just enough. There are fingernail marks in their ceiling tiles.

DrP

Derailing the topic a bit, but in response to:

Did you tell the Doc that you’d found a lump? A week seems an awfully long time to wait for an appointment.

It’s a Friday… and under a week could be wednesday…
    I fully appreciate this warrants being seen SOON, but it’s a bit unfair to suggest it needs seeing TODAY – it’s not “life or limb” threatening….
    Once seen, the GP may possibly make a “2 week rule referral for suspected cancer”, which locally here (west sussex) is actually 3-4 weeks due to service pressures..
    So,. in summary…I think if you have a pre booked appointment for sometime next week, that seems wholly appropriate.
    Good luck

DrP

Poopscoop

Sounds like you’ll have caught It early even if it is something a little nasty. You can even have testicle implants these days if you did lose a knacker.

I’m going to have 3 soon, knackers that is. 2 real and the third one you pump between index and thumb to get an erect penis.

I’m genuinely concerned that it’ll pump up during bike rides as I get in and out of the saddle though.

That said, it’ll look like I really am well chuffed to have cleared hill climbs on the STW…

I mean REALLY chuffed.

Good luck op and I’m sure all will be fine.

welshfarmer

MoreCashThanDash said

I get the impression that the OP is rather hoping NOT to lose a stone before christmas if at all possible…

IdleJon

To check if it’s a cyst, find a torch and try and shine a light through it.

A separate thread?

What lights for…… shining at my balls?

………………….
    scotroutes
    Anything by Exposure.

Moon lights if it’s your arse you need to inspect.

I’m going to be cruel and suggest Hope!

martinhutch

Well done for checking. Chances are the doc will refer you for an ultrasound. Mine was an epididymal cyst causing no issues.

Don’t think there will be a vas deferens between how these and anything more sinister will feel to the untrained hand, so try your best not to panic.

IGMC etc

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

That said, it’ll look like I really am well chuffed to have cleared hill climbs on the STW…

I mean REALLY chuffed.

Braggy much? This time of year, even in my skimpiest lycra, it would be broadly impossible to discern from the surrounding goose bumps.

Stainypants

I have a similar thing and I have had it since my mid 20s. It tends to come and go but can hang around for a while. I went to the doctors at the time but by the time I got the appointment it had gone. It tends to appear when I’m run down or have a virus.

I only found out what it was a few years ago, 20 years later, when I was getting a kidney ultrasound and the radiologist did my balls for free. For me it’s a swollen vain (varicocele). Obviously you best get it checked out as it could be something more serious but there are plenty of benign things it could be.

MoreCashThanDash

I only found out what it was a few years ago, 20 years later, when I was getting a kidney ultrasound and the radiologist did my balls for free.

I’m not a biologist, but either your kidneys are very low, your balls are mahoosive, or you are just a very small person and it all fitted in one pic…..

Stainypants

I was an extra scan at 50 your balls are even further from your kidneys.

fossy

I got a private scan of my nuts after a mucho botched snip as there were lumps on lumps. Ended up with the eididymis being cut off one nut (lengthy op) to relieve pain. Still a bit of a mess down there. Where is the lump ?

theotherjonv

I got a private scan of my nuts after a mucho botched snip as there were lumps on lumps. Ended up with the eididymis being cut off one nut (lengthy op) to relieve pain. Still a bit of a mess down there. Where is the lump ?

After that description, right up inside my stomach cavity

jodafett

A mate found a lump 2-3 months ago, had an orchidectomy, it was cancerous, it doesn’t appear to have spread, he just needs monitoring. He was very upset at the time, but is in a much better place now.

This was me 3 years ago. Dr called me while in the school hall watching my kids Judo lesson. I paraphrase but the conversation went something like “Hi, you’ve got cancer”. Walking back into that gym hall was one of the hardest things I’ve done in my life. Quick op and I’m absolutely fine so really, really don’t worry. If it’s cancer, you’ve got the easiest one to deal with.

Poopscoop

dangeourbrain

I mean REALLY chuffed.

Braggy much? This time of year, even in my skimpiest lycra, it would be broadly impossible to discern from the surrounding goose bumps.

Lol, I know what you mean.
    Im strictly a good weather rider these days though. Well, up till this year when I’ve only ridden twice and one of those was on the turbo.😐 Ironically that’s been more to do with my feet that anything.

BillMC

Anything in your wee Bruce?

ultrasound
    Free Member

My username might give you all a clue to how I pay the bills so I would add to the above:

Huge number of benign causes of lumps on the testicle itself.

Cysts of the tunica, appendix testis, scrotal pearls etc are the most common.

What you think is definitely testicle may be epididymis etc.

So. 1.GP. 2. Scan. 3. 99 percent of the time nothing to worry about.

dyna-ti

Whats a thread without pictures 😕

Cougar

I get the impression that the OP is rather hoping NOT to lose a stone before christmas if at all possible…

This deserved more love.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.