Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)
  • I finally found out what’s wrong…
  • wbo
    Free Member

I think Mogrim and Doris5000 make very good points above – I’m happy I got’being good’ out of my system earlier rather than later. To be blunt you might want to think about what 10-12 hours of training a week means in the context of your free time as you also go to work, commute etcc.? You also make the comment that you’ll stop in the next 2-4 years – why? Why then in particular?

There’s a really good piece of advice in there. Go and find a coach, so you use your time effectively, especially as you’re getting older, and you’ll start to need to change a bit. Also, go and see a sports psychologist. Get someone who can help you work with your need for selfvalidation via sport, or at least use that mental energy more positively. Don’t bother with more self help books – you’ll only absorb what you want to hear, and disregard the rest

scotroutes

You also make the comment that you’ll stop in the next 2-4 years – why? Why then in particular?

As I pointed out there’s a natural advantage for the next couple of years as it means racing against folk up to 10 years older rather than up to 10 years younger. If I’d been panning myself for the last couple of years it would be hard to give it all up right at this time and not see the fruits of all that effort.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I don’t think telling him to simply stop wanting to achieve the thing he wants to achieve is particularly good advice. If anything this leads to feelings of insecurity, because you’re essentially invalidating him.

If he’s drive to achieve something physical then it’ll be rewarding, and removing it won’t fulfil his needs. It might however be possible to replace that activity with something else that fits in with his lifestyle better.

grum
    Free Member

Well I don’t think telling him to simply stop wanting to achieve the thing he wants to achieve is particularly good advice.

Good thing no one has said that then 🙄

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

He’s got a coach btw.

scotroutes

Typical!

The rest of us have to put up with a van.

rollindoughnut
    Free Member

😆

Kryton57

Well, seems like I’m on form – and thanks to my Coach – as I after 9th 12 solo National in July today I was 4th 6hr Vet.

I felt good racing today although a last 3 lap battle for 4th / 5th has left me an empty shell of myself, but I’m glad I left it out there.

The weekend before I posted the op I was at then end of a training block and very far down the well of fatigue e.g. not being able to focus on Monday and struggling to stay awake, but it feels worth it now.

Viewing 8 posts - 121 through 128 (of 128 total)

The topic ‘I finally found out what’s wrong…’ is closed to new replies.