• This topic has 45 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • I fancy a new Casio G-Shock – ideas and show me yours
  • hora
    Free Member

Places to buy
    (not silly prices) but also weird/unusual colours etc?

binners

hora
    Free Member

I actually like that

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

This is the model I’ve got. It’s very big, but bullet proof, large buttons you can use with gloves on, very waterproof, and world time which is quite good for travelling. I wear it on the bike, and strap it to my stem sometimes too, it’s also my go to watch for any situation where a nice watch might get stolen/scratched/broken etc.

hora
    Free Member

Nice- GA-100?

tonyg2003

GS-1150 here.

razorrazoo

I’ve recently aquired a Mudman in purple. Amazon has some real good prices on some G-Shocks.

MadPierre

I’ve got this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-G-Shock-Gw-3500B-1Aer-Powered-Controlled/dp/B004KPKU7E

Radio controlled solar powered etc and decent price

peachos
    Free Member

i’ve got this. not in this colour though. it is good. altimeter is spot on.

muddyground
    Free Member

and strap it to my stem sometimes too

Too much information from Cbmotorsport 😆

FWIW I’ve got one of the original versions that is still going strong.

binners

Has anyone ever managed to break a G Shock?

joolsburger
    Free Member

I’ve got this a little less gaudy than some of them and has all the bits I need.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Now this looks good.

Clicky

I like the look of these mud man models.

wwaswas

this is the polar opposite of most of the ‘how understated can an expensive watch look’ threads on here.

Yeti owners will be buying the turquoise one though….

razorrazoo

They do those Matt Black special forces ones in a few models, more £ than I wanted to pay though.

Jamie
    Free Member

Are current G-Shocks still basic enough not to allow you to have the date formatted correctly?

Markie
    Free Member

_tom_
    Free Member

What’s wrong with you people? These all look **** awful unless you’re 10.

stevenieve
    Free Member

My collection

My latest analog/digital

iolo
    Free Member
    thehustler
    Free Member

I have the blue faced version of this (cant find a decent pic for the blue)

convert

What’s wrong with you people? These all look **** awful unless you’re 10.

I’m thinking this. I need a watch for work(workshop)/diy duties. My ‘good’ watch is not 4 figure poncey but I like it and would rather it stayed looking nice.

A g shock should be the watch for the job but I’m not feeling the love. A timex ironman would also do but as I’ve done IMs it looks a bit try hard.

razorrazoo

_tom_ because I don’t want to screw my expensive watch up falling off my bike, working round the house, playing with kids etc etc.

iolo
    Free Member

Seventy quid and up is not so cheap though is it. If all you need is tell the time go for a ten pound one. Keep the expensive one for special occasions, that’s fine.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I take it you have wrists unsuitable for large watches, I think the lady doth protest too much.

finishthat
    Free Member

G-314RL here -£40 from Argos last year – plenty of other models from £50 online – thats not bad for something that will keep going for a long time – even the batteries last ages – good value

example http://www.watchshop.com/mens-casio-g-shock-alarm-chronograph-watch-g-100-1bvmur-p30376.html?altproduct=1

iolo
    Free Member

Perfect for my dainty little wrists
    Ok,it’s not a tenner but does the job.

razorrazoo

Given the amount of wear if gets £70 is not so bad a for a watch that in my opinion looks good and is pretty bombproof, but that’s why I’m commenting on a G-Shock thread. Cheaper digitals just don’t do it for me.

jamj1974

I’ve got this one – not the most expensive or featured model but tells the time. As it is a second watch for me the auto-adjustment coupled with solar power are the important things I wanted.

Here

jambalaya
    Free Member

My daughters had G-Shocks in their early teens. I didn’t even know they did a men’s model

Timex Ironman … about £20 I recall, withstood a huge amount of abuse before I dropped it into the ocean 🙁

vondally
    Free Member

current one. had 4 g shocks in 20 years, survived climbing skiing running biking swimming, instructing and work, one survived a 35mph off with minimal scratches simply the best watch I have ever owned

current one do not like due to fabric strap, fraying and not as sweat proof

would like a g shock with a sunnto size display

TooTall
    Free Member

CASIO MTG 900

Bought it for buttons in the USA in 2007. Bigger numbers than most G Shocks so much clearer and easier to read, solar so it never needs a battery. It is the longest-lasting wtch I’ve owned.

ross980
    Free Member

This is mine. Retro looks (arguably boring) but quite a bit smaller than most G Shocks. Totally bomb proof, sets itself automatically (works abroad too) and charges up by the built in solar cells so shouldn’t need a new battery. Hugely practical. My wife hates it (even though she bought it for me…)
    Think it was £65 from Amazon quite a few years ago.

EDIT: It’s an M5600.

DT78
    Free Member

I managed to finally break my old gshock frogman from 97 era….the plastic shell became brittle and cracked off. Not bad for the years of abuse it had. Great utility watches.

hora
    Free Member

Ross980 I’ve seen yours in red for £15. They look great in red. Can find linky for you?

Kato

I have my eye on a 7900A-4

It’s big and red!

oliverd1981
    Free Member
    simon_g

Has anyone ever managed to break a G Shock?

I fell off my bike the other week and must have caught mine on something as I went down – it tore the pin out of the main body. I think the bracelet-type strap is sturdier than the rubber/resin ones so it made the weakest point the watch body instead. Had to send it off to Casio for fixing.

Of course, it went on telling the time perfectly well, but that’s not so useful if it won’t go on your wrist.

It’s a GW-M5610BC-1ER – one of the all-black, negative display, smaller rectangular sorts with solar and atomic clock sync so should never need anything changing or adjusting.

I like it, but then most G Shocks are way too big and/or garish. Casio actually make a lot of very good, tough watches outside the G Shock ranges which are worth a look too.

convert

This seems to be the least worst (to me) I’ve found. But at £135 its not really a utility watch any more.

That or ross980’s one which just looks like an old skool casio from my youth on steroids which I also prefer to the more common ones.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘I fancy a new Casio G-Shock – ideas and show me yours’ is closed to new replies.