Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • I am off !!
  • yetiguy
    Free Member

Doing John o Groats – Lands End 😀

See Yall in 9 days 😥

mtbmaff
    Free Member

Good Luck and have fun, hope the weather cheers up for you!

Edric64
    Free Member

good luck hope you get a tail wind!!

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

You do realise that the prevailing winds in the UK are southwesterlies dont you and that you are going to be riding straight into them the entire way. 😀

Enjoy yourself.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You do realise that the prevailing winds in the UK are southwesterlies dont you and that you are going to be riding straight into them the entire way.

Not the case this week actually as the wind has been blowing north east for the past 3 days and north west today. And it's been a strong wind too.

tails
    Free Member

You do realise the World Cup starts today!!!

binners

Have fun! You maniac!!! 🙂

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

Enjoy

dmiller
    Free Member

Good luck and have fun! 🙂

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Gary_M – hence the use of the word prevailing in my sentence.

nacho
    Free Member

Isn't it all downhill from JOG to Lands End? Going the other way is tough 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

hence the use of the word prevailing in my sentence

Maybe you should have checked the current wind direction before issueing your pointless statement.

Good luck yeti guy and enjoy.

Isn't it all downhill from JOG to Lands End

No, not really.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Gary_M – tell me what prevailing winds are will you?

Diane
    Free Member

Tails – i didn't – think i'll join him! 🙂

Gary_M
    Free Member

Obi_Twa clearly you know exactly what prevailing winds are but why come out with a smart arse statement like that when the wind hasn't been blowing in any great strength from the south west for the past month.

My ride to/from work is very much affected by the wind as I ride south west home towards the coast, I know clearly what's going on with the wind.

Do you see many sw arrows on this map

nacho
    Free Member

Gary_M – I don't really think it's all downhill, just a little attempted humour 😆

BigBikeBash
    Free Member

9 day for Le-Jog – Are you walking it then?

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Gary_M – why are you trolling for an arguement? The prevailing winds in the UK are southwesterlies, as in thats what we have more often than any other direction.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I'm not but telling the guy 'you are going to be riding straight into them the entire way is nonsense.

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Did someone lay cable on your cornflakes this morning? It's called banter. Perhaps you should stick to decaf for a while. 🙄

Gary_M
    Free Member

You're funny, no you are, really.

coffeeking
    Free Member

You're doing it with a friend of mine, if you meet Wes, say hi from me! Good luck!

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

what you riding?

retro83
    Free Member

Obi_Twa – Member

Did someone lay cable on your cornflakes this morning? It's called banter. Perhaps you should stick to decaf for a while

Gary_M – Member

You're funny, no you are, really.

Get a room you two. 🙂

Doing John o Groats – Lands End

See Yall in 9 day

Good luck!!

Just seen this on Wikipedia:

The official Road Records Association record for rider on a conventional bicycle is 44 hours, 4 minutes and 20 seconds, set by Gethin Butler in 2001.[5]

That's a fair old pace 😯

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Northerly winds for a week at least – makes it a bit easier!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Anyone know if yeti guy is doing this ride as part of a big group? On my ride home last night I saw a load of cyclists heading down through Newton mearns (in Glasgow), must have been over 30 of them and I'm sure some of them had race type numbers on their bars.

Mentioned it to my wife when I got home and she said it had been on the news about a big group of riders doing lejog for charity. Anyone know anything about it?

molgrips
    Free Member

Apparently northerlies or northeasterlies are set for the rest of the month. You lucked out!

Junkyard
    Free Member

smee/ obi twa/trolling zoo fightercomplaining about trolling 🙄 So your new identity did not come with self awareness then

stumpyjon

Gary_M

I think they are, a mate of mines doing that run at the same time so sounds too much like a conicidence. Deloitte and Touche are organising it (my mate works for them) as part of their sponsorship of the 2012 Olympics. It was open to both employees and members of the public. Sounds hard, no rest days, 100 mile stages and I think they're camping each night 😯 . At least the weather looks OK (There that'll have jinxed them).

Gary_M
    Free Member

That's probably it then, sounds great. Yeh my wife said the news report showed a load of tents set up and none of the bikes looked to be carrying any luggage. They're getting another lovely day today.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘I am off !!’ is closed to new replies.