Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • Hurry hurry chips and curry
  • barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Right then, who’s up for some smashing tucker in the curry capital of the world (Bradford)?.
    I propose Friday the 25th of this month, but if it’s too short notice, it can obviously be rearranged. Anybody interested but having to travel from southern climes are more than welcome to stay at mine – Barnsley bukkake party! (I’ve got room for about 4).
    The notorious naan challenge starts here 😯

cinnamon_girl

mitch – this sounds a terrific idea but there is one problem … no wait … two problems. I don’t eat chips and I don’t eat curry. 😳

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

BOOOOOM! First dibs on the shed!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I yetibukkaker

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

CG – what’s wrong with you? I was joking about the chips, but no curry? You need professional help. Yeti, I regret to inform you, there is no shed, but as a special treat, you can stay indoors!

tazzymtb

isn’t glasgow the curry capital of Britain?

curry capital!

Bradford is famous for having some cloggy boys live there in the 80’s and being a bit rubbish to live and work in ( it was in 2000-2004 when I was there) 😀

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Wash your mouth out tazzy! Bradford may not be the most photogenic of cities, but the food’s better than you can get anywhere (apologies to Manchesters curry mile, etc).

tazzymtb

Wash your mouth out

yes, that’s usually what you have to do after a bradford curry 😆

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Carry on, I’ll get fourcrossjohn to leather you!

theotherjonv

seeing as I’m up there most weeks with work, how come you’re arranging this for a week when I’m not.

out of interest then, where’s the best curry house in Bradford. We usually end up in the Nawaab, but mainly because it’s a bit posh for when we have visitors. Omar Khan’s, likewise, and also a big place whose name escapes me in Shipley (or might be Saltaire) because it’s not as far from where we stay.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

God it sounds like a Stalkers Paradise.

Minute after minute, hour after hour,
    Window’s steaming up, stalkee is in the shower
    It’s going on in the kitchen
    But I can’t smell what’s cooking.
    They say I gotta learn
    But nobody’s here to teach me.
    If they can’t understand it, how can they reach me?
    I guess they can’t,
    I guess they won’t,
    I guess they front,
    That’s why I know my life is full of luck, fool!

We’ve been spending most our lives
    Living in a stlaker’s paradise.
    We’ve been spending most our lives
    Living in a stalker’s paradise.
    We keep spending most our lives
    We keep spending most our lives

tazzymtb

you do realise TSY that a night out with curry doesn’t involve this don’t you.

I wouldn’t want you to get all excited for nothing 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Omars (not to be confused with omar khan’s) is good, and they do the best (and certainly the biggest) naans. No alcohol though, but they do serve warm cola in petrol station glasses!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

God I caught a bit of that film the other night… trying to get in touch with my feminine side an’ all that (girls love that film for some reason) utter garbage, I lasted 10 mins. A lifetime record for sure.. but not when it comes to watching movies.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I have to agree yeti, it really is cack.

cinnamon_girl

mitch – I’m a poncey Southerner, there must be something I can eat? Actually, no, I’ll bring a picnic. Pretend I’m going on a bike ride but without the bike. Yeah. 8)

tazzymtb

OMG you don’t like the Rocky horror show!

*crosses TSY of Christmas card list*

TSY you are dead to me

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

CG – Mrs Mitch is a southerner (Cambridge), and she’s managed to survive up here for the past ten years. Furthermore, she’s a veggie (but we dont mention it in company).

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’ll happily wear the outfits Tazzy, but I’m not going to try and watch it again…. not even for a hug, it’s just not worth it.

tazzymtb

where’s Derek Acorah?……..I’m hearing voices from the other side 😯

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Tell him to step back Sam. Mary loves Dick!

tazzymtb

genuine LOL

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Whatever happened to Dereck Acorah? He very funny man.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I like how he even gets my accent and reasoned thought process..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPhIhL2ngBs[/video]

spacemonkey

bukkake

You do realise that certain sites make reference to that “phrase” in a way that I hope you really don’t intend …

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

isn’t glasgow the curry capital of Britain?

No, quite frankly, it’s not. I’d say London’s East End, bits of Manchester and Bradford are renowned for Subcontinental food, and whilst Glasgow may have some delights to offer those in search of good grub, it’s certainly not known as the ‘Curry Capital’. Of Scotland, maybe. Not Britain though.

I like Bradford. It’s neglected and a bit forlorn, but it’s a lovely city. Got a real sense of ‘soul’ about it, that Leeds just doesn’t have, for all it tries.

I’m a big fayn of Bradford, and as you know, I rarely venture beyond the M25 (cept to see CG maybe), and don’t consider there’s much civilisation outside of the Smoke, but Bradford’s a good place. The best city up that way by far. The Jewel in Yorkshire’s crown. Just needs polishing up a bit, that’s all.

philconsequence
    Free Member

tazzy… might be a generational thing with the rocky horror show… hate to say but i cant stand it either, however that’s mainly down to watching my parents head out to the live show dressed up.

if something equally OTT came out now i’m sure it’d be as popular and stuff.

anyway. i’m very much up for this and will keep my diary as open as possible.

whats the postcode for ze curryhole? i must aa autoroute this bitch!

Cougar

they do the best (and certainly the biggest) naans

Is that the place where they serve them hanging on spiky stands? I’ve been there, it’s great.

philconsequence
    Free Member

i’m not happy with my post above… it doesnt convey anywhere near the amount of enthusiasm my little heart is struggling to contain.

as its early and my word finding skills are still being warmed up:

(is there any chance it could be a saturday? to get up in time for a meal on a friday would mean taking the day off to drive…. also, is there a dresscode? if i need to start knitting then i want to know asap!)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I phillyduster

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

You do realise that certain sites make reference to that “phrase” in a way that I hope you really don’t intend …

I was really hoping it was…

philconsequence
    Free Member

idarcylover

thejesmonddingo

I’d love to come for a curry,but the wife’s on nights,boo hoo.
    Ian

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Anybody interested but having to travel from southern climes

take it the invitation doesn’t extend to north of hadrian’s wall then?
    if was i the sensitive sort i’d be doing the elfin flounce right now.

BigJohn

There’s only 1 curry house in Bratford, and that’s the Karachi. And they do chappatis not naans.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I wasn’t aware of these awards. Well done Glasgow.

But you can sleep easy, BBSB (looks like you could do with a lie down actually, you seem a bit tense); I won’t be rushing up to Glasgow any time soon. 😉

There’s a nice place up off what’s it called, you go up past the Alhambra and NMM, up that way can’t remember, but it’s very good.

binners

I reckon we could get a Manchester contingent together, get our passports sorted and head over the border

Junkyard
    Free Member

depending on KO time due to kids commitments i can probably make it
    I can provide accomodation but am about 40-50 miles from venue.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Elfin, Karachi is directly above Ice Rink/NMM (made famous by Rick Stein), Kashmir is kinda directly above Alhambra. There’s also the International which is just above the kashmir, all well known locally.

I recommend trying the Punjab sometime, which is just a short distance away up Listerhills Rd.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Hurry hurry chips and curry’ is closed to new replies.