• This topic has 80 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by klaus.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)
  • Huddersfield
  • andybrad

all looks good 🙂

hora
    Free Member

I’m in. I’m over in Hudds soo much and bregudge packaging the roadbike

dthom3uk

I live in the top end of Huddersfield and have a few good loops North of the M62 taking in Stainland, Norland, Scammonden etc…

The local challenges like the Pennine X and the Colne Valley Challenge are worth a go as they both have cracking routes and introduced me to areas I wasn’t familiar with.

I’d be up for a ride out at some point.

kinno
    Free Member

I live in Mirfield and regularly ride out towards coxley valley and Newmillerdam. I could do With knowing some new routes around hudds so I’d be up for a ride out ex Mirfield.

ernie67

mmmmnnnn – going to have to get my map out . I live in Wakefield – never thought about going out to Mirfield & back .
    Don’t suppose you’ve a strava / GPS route of this have you kinno ( or a few pointers would do ) ?

woody2000

Try this – it’s a route from Brighouse that goes as far as Horbury Bridge just about, taking in Grange Moor, Coxley and through Mirfield

http://bit.ly/1LHDlOt

hora
    Free Member

Can we make all this happen- although hopefully the descents aren’t doubletrack, farmtrack stuff 8) 😆

Im around both days this weekend or can do one night next week if anyone is

ernie67

I’ll have to look at that when i get home ( bloody works computer ! ) – but ta anyway

dazh
    kinno
    Free Member

Ernie you can follow the canal/ river Calder from pugneys right into Mirfield or alternatively you can go via coxley, Briestfield and whitley woods.

andybrad

Dazh

Its certainly further than the watermill pub that leaves every Wednesday night at 7pm. 🙂

agreed lets get it happening. Im only free on the afternoon of the 5th for the next couple of months however.

andybrad

how far is that woody?

woody2000

36 miles Andy, give or take 😉

andybrad

Ah fack, im too fat for that.

markshires
    Free Member

I’m from Wakefield too, ride out around coxley, newmillerdam fairly regularly, with Bad Brains on Tuesday and Thursday nights. I’ve never ventured as far as Mirfield, but there is a route in the West Yorkshire mtb guide book that I was planning on doing sometime, by riding straight down the canal.

Anyone done the Hartley Bank descent off blacker lane down to the canal that’s worth doing if your so far over this way.

woody2000

Andy – plenty of options to cut it short, it doesn’t need to be so long. Just do the out and back to Mirfield, be much shorter. If you look at the route I’ve posted above, just don’t go beyond Whitley/Hagg wood.

sandwicheater

Someone else from Mirfield!!!, waves at kinno.

EDIT: What what!, more waving.

RobinL

Also waves from Mirfield …. and yes there is lots of good riding from the door !

As Woody says – the woods are not at their best at the moment !

andybrad

I live at fixby so I think I could get that into a nice 20 miler.

some exploring to do.many thanks.

Im a bit wary about riding through deighton as ive had people chase after me while ive been on a five. Thankfully they don’t know what a liteville is. Any other areas to avoid?

ernie67

Thanks for the info everyone – given me something to have a look at

kinno
    Free Member

The blacker lane Hartley bank descent is part of my regular loop, pint in the navigation then the war of attrition that is the long wet canal towpath back to Mirfield.

Cowman

Try this, think linking a one drive shared should work.

Mirfield GPX

fieldy
    Free Member

Hi All, joining in a little late here , but has a date or route been set? I’m in Cleckheaton but can easily meet in Mirfield or wherever.

hora
    Free Member

Let me know 🙂

klaus
    Free Member

Another Fixby resident here (also a Mirfield ex-pat). Here’s a nice little route that I usually do which takes in Fixby woods, Deighton Woods, Dyson Woods, Kirkheaton, The Heare and Hounds descent, and Hopton Woods, with a road slog back towards Fixby.

https://www.strava.com/activities/414719339

andybrad

THATS SPOT ON KLAUS

sandwicheater

Not done the Hair & Hounds descent in ages. Will give that a whirl klaus.

RobinL

You might find a slight detour is required in the loop by Klaus, the track to the west of Kirkheaton heading SSE across what USED to be scrub is now a field – all the trees were felled, cleared and the field was ploughed !

andybrad

don’t thik ill get all the way over tonight, maybe one for next week.

woody2000

Bit short notice I know, but I’ve got a pass out for tomorrow so would be happy to take a ride from Brighouse over Mirfield way.

I’d need to be starting for 9ish to get back for lunchtime. If anyone’s interested post up and I’ll make some proper arrangements.

Robin – that field is carnage, needs reporting really as I’m sure they’ve royally messed up the footpath (assuming it was one!)

andybrad

unfortunately ive got to go drinking tomorrow. Enjoy.

woody2000

On the off chance anyone does fancy a ride tomorrow, I’ll be leaving from the ritz in Brighouse at 10.30ish. I can either do Mirfield way or show you round the many local delights.

Plenty of parking nearby:
    http://ritzballroombrighouse.co.uk/?page_id=327

fieldy
    Free Member

FFS…just arranged to go to Sherwood pines early doors tomorrow 🙁
    If you decide to do another local meet up let me know …. and have a good ride tomorrow.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Will certainly check out some of the routes posted. If the pace isn’t too serious i’d be interested in a group ride.

mefty
    Free Member

Forget about riding, a HTFC season ticket is only £179 next season.

jonnyrockymountain
    sandwicheater

That Pennine X loop looks good, will give that a whirl when it’s a tad drier, cheers jonny.

fieldy
    Free Member

Did anyone get out/ meet up?

woody2000

I did – I’d assumed no-one was joining me so did my local “golden greats” loop. Happy to lead a ride anytime, just let me know 🙂

fieldy
    Free Member

We need to get something like this happening locally and possibly regularly….timing is always going to be an issue, so I guess its a matter of choosing a date, a location, a route, posting it on here and turning up if you can?? Sounds simple doesn’t it:)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 81 total)

The topic ‘Huddersfield’ is closed to new replies.