Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • How to I buy Arsenal tickets for me and my son?
  • benp1

I’d like to buy a pair of tickets for me and my 6 year old son to see Arsenal play at home

Needs to be a daytime game so will be on the weekend. When I looked for tickets you need to be members of a club or buy expensive tickets.

Is there any way for a normal person to buy a ‘normal priced’ to see a match. I had in my head £25-£30 per ticket as being reasonable, maybe I’m off with that.

Doesn’t need to be special match, but does need to be an Arsenal first team game at the Emirates

Googling gives me ludicrous prices and special packages. I just want to take him to the footy

spursn17
    Free Member

Is that any way to treat your own child? Somebody call social services! 😀

weeksy

Wait 18 months and they’ll come free in a box of Cheerios.

makkag
    Free Member

Please don’t do it to him

timmys

Was about to write that you best bet would be a Carabao Cup game as they usually go on general sale (ie. open to non-members) for £10-20 a ticket…but it’s only the Wembly final left now so that’s out of the window (you could bare it in mind for next season though).

Other than that the only legit way would be by becoming members. I think that would be the only way to get in the family enclosure anyway which I would suggest you might want to do depending upon your attitude to fruity language etc. The standard Red membership is something like £60 a year, but I believe if you dig hard enough through the website there is a cheaper option that means you don’t get sent the annual members pack of crap, but still get access to tickets (might be called digital membership). Kids membership is pretty cheap if I recall correctly. Everyone you are buying a ticket for needs to be a member.

EDIT; also ‘normal’ price is at least double your estimate!

the-muffin-man

You’d be lucky to see a mid range Championship team for £25 to £30! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

No idea how they are doing in the cup competitions but often tickets are cheaper for games against smaller (ie, lower division) sides to encourage sales.

No idea about getting tickets specifically for Arsenal though.

lunge

£25-£30 for an Arsenal game is VERY ambitious I’m afraid. The Emirates has a very high proportion of season ticket holders and so tickets are hard to come by unless you go via places like Viagogo.

Sorry!

bombjack
    Free Member

Its quite hard really – The number of season tickets and corporate options means that there are only a small amount of non-member tickets that get released. The take up is generally less for the lesser teams (Huddersfield / Bournemouth / Swansea etc) so there are tickets released after the full members have exercised their options on buying extras (or sold their season ticket back for the match).

Register on the gunners website to get basic booking rights (free membership) then its a case of checking the website all the time to see when the on sale dates come round for basic members. Given how badly their season is going you’ll probably get something before the end of the season, but beware that it wont be cheap, and the weekend day time games are much more popular than a rainy Tuesday night.

Early season evening games (Europa league and Cabaro / FA cup) are quite good, but not quite what your kid might want…

thomthumb
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41914171

this reckons you probably need to double your budget.

theotherjonv

just looked through the fixture list and with them being out of the FA Cup as well, i don’t reckon you’ll get a chance this season.  The ‘unfashionable’ teams yet to play at the Emirates are Watford, so local and hence you get a higher away turnout, Stoke (but they have strong away support) and Burnley (but that’s last home game so likely to be a lot of people needing a last fix)

bigdaddy

The only real way is via the cups – I’ve taken my son to Chelsea (which hurts!) both last year and this year for a fa cup game – they’re £30 adult and £15 child, and easier to get on general sale…

mrwhyte
    Free Member

I’d wait until the Emirates cup in July. You can get in a good couple of games in one day, a bit more of a relaxed atmosphere too, so not as much ranting from the regulars. The language can be quite fruity!

Get Red membership and a junior gunners one. It can also give you access to the ticket exchange. So when people cannot go (Season ticket holders) they can sell their tickets via the exchange. I’d avoid any of the ticket tout sites.

Look out for the lower league teams, anything like a United game or North London Derby, you will be paying around £90 typically as the pricing is tiered, so the top teams are in the high tier of pricing.

I’d give up this season and really wait for the Emirates cup.

Good place to eat beforehand if you do go; https://www.treviristorante.com/

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m a season ticket holder living in Sweden (don’t ask) . However feel free to PM me and bend my ear.

Basically there are different categories of fixture Spuds at home being A and therefore not a hope in hell. First home game of the season against hull when everyone is still on holiday, yes probably, a Tuesday weird kick off also likely.  People commute from all over so awkward times of kick offs (thanks Sky) are more likely too, but a Saturday 3pm kick off… unlikely.

Anyhow feel free to message me, I know lots of gooners so you never know. Especially if you have any nice cycle kit in exchange 🙂

the atmosphere is fairly toxic too right now… perhaps wait until Wenger has gone. Next season I hope !

andy4d

I just went through this for Liverpool tickets for my son.

The only tickets i could get were hospitality. Other option was to become a member to get access to tickets, but as i had never bought a ticket as a member i would of been way down the pecking order if/when tickets were released plus my chances of getting 2 tickets sitting next to each other made my task even harder. I ended up getting tickets (at end Nov for a March game, and this was the only one I had a chance for, there were no other options) through a friend of a friend who is a member of the local fan club and they have access to tickets, cost me £60 each (had to get 2 adults). I then had to wait until end of Jan for BT/Sky to release their schedules to find out when the match was actually going to be on, BT took it, so was moved to 5.30pm Sat kick off. It was only then i could sort my travel and acccomodation despite having tickets since end of Nov. So all in all not too easy….. but we cant wait.

timmys

Just had a quick look and I was way off on Red membership prices. It’s between £29 and £39 depending on how you pay and if you want the annual pack of crap through your door. Membership for a 6 year old is between £10 and £25 depending on how you pay and whether you want a stadium tour voucher + annual pack o’crap (which a child would probably love to be fair). Ignore my mention of a digital membership, that’s a free thing that doesn’t get you ticket buying rights.

stevedoc
    Free Member

If you watch Arsenal TV I believe there are a few tickets going for free on there ..fam blud innit !

benp1

Thanks all, really really helpful

Genuinely not fussed about seeing a big game, a low ranking premiership team from the further reachs on the country suits us just fine.

I also didn’t know about the family stand, that’s good to know. Avoidance of fruity language would be good! It doesn’t have to be a game straight away, next season is probably OK

I had no idea it was such hard work to get a ticket! Sounds like I should look out for random cup games, I was hoping to avoid buying a membership just to buy two tickets

Hadn’t heard of the Emirates cup, thanks. That’s the sort of thing that looks perfect! I’ll keep an eye out for that, no date set from what I can see

@howsyourdad1
    – thanks, I’ll drop you a PM if I continue to struggle

benp1

Also thought about going to a youth game at their Borehamwood site too, just thought it might be a nice day out. You can’t actually go to see those?!

Tallpaul

I might be wrong, but I think you just rock up for Academy (Now call ‘Premier League 2’) games. It’ll either be free or a couple of quid on the gate.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Tim Sherwoood, whoaohoh, Tim Sherwood, whoahoh. He comes from Boreham Wood, he aint no facccckin’ good, Sherwoood, whohoah

sorry about that.

Tallpaul
    benp1

Thanks. The U18 games are all played at a good time but they’re closed door (I’m sure there’s a good reason for it but seems a shame). The U23 games are evening games. Maybe we’ll go on a Friday night and he can stay up late, he’ll be quite excited about that!

BadlyWiredDog

This may not be much help to you, but an awful lot of companies have corporate boxes and quite often, particularly for lower profile games, they have plenty of tickets. If you know someone who’s well connected, it’s worth an ask just in case they know someone with corporate access.

It’s a weird, slightly detached experience at the Emirates. Light years away from Highbury or the Kop in the 70s and 80s… I found it mildly depressing, but then again, Arsenal were in useless mode.

Tallpaul

If your boy would just like to see a Premier League game, Watford is a good option. Based on my experience, this has become the second team for a lot of Arsenal fans!

benp1

Defo has to be Arsenal unfortunately!

He got a full Arsenal kit for xmas and wants to wear it everyday. Although he has no idea who plays for Arsenal or how well they’re doing

(I’m technically an Arsenal fan, i.e. if pushed to pick a team, but pretty much the worst football fan ever – no idea when they’re playing, who they’re playing, if they’re winning/losing, who plays for them etc etc)

I cycle past the Emirates (literally right in front of the steps), always impressed by the buzz when there’s a game on. People everywhere, most seem happy, it’s good

timmys

“I cycle past the Emirates (literally right in front of the steps), always impressed by the buzz when there’s a game on. People everywhere, most seem happy, it’s good”

I used to live a couple of streets over and miss the atmosphere and buzz, it’s dead addictive. It’s what got me properly interested in football. I can confirm those steps are great for suspension testing by the way (and the long slope on the other side is great for bedding in brake pads).

I defiantly did go to one youth game at the Emirates, but I can’t remember the circumstance for it being held there though. Was pretty grim atmosphere though to be honest as you might expect with a few hundred people in one section of a 60,000 seater stadium.

Lazgoat
    Free Member

I bought some in November for the game against Liverpool. I spoke to the club and took their advice. Be come a Red Member and buy the tickets when they go on general sale about 30 days before the game directly from Arsenal.com.

There were a bunch on sale on the day and it wasn’t as hard as I thought it’d be.

If you can wait it out, the Emirates Cup in summer is a good day out. You get to see two games too! Good luck.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘How to I buy Arsenal tickets for me and my son?’ is closed to new replies.